i booked this thru travelocity and they will not give you a renovated room that i was told was the policy i would have to pay for a studio as they call it, if i would have known that i would have booked somewhere else, i cant believe there still renting these rooms there like rooms from the notell motell, seedy and dirty and worn, and i could have paid 2300 and stayed at much nicer hotels, there over marketing this place, i am a handicapped veteran they put me all the way in the back which is nice in most ways and it was by the good beach, but its bad because its a mile away from the front and you cant drive it, there are golf carts but the help is to busy driving them around to give anyone a ride, unless you call the office and set one up and wait for awhile, there should be a shuttle all the time as there electric and dont cost much, also dont count on ice they hold you hostage for it you have to call the office and wait 20-50 minutes or you can walk a couple of blocks to the bar and get it from the snotty bartenders that try to charge you for anything to bring up the bill then they want a tip, and a pina colada is only $10 bucks served with attatude, the pool has broken glass all over stepped on a peice, luckely i got it out of my foot, got poisened by one of there hamburgers and that was the last time i ate there, over the cliff has much better food cheaper not far away, showed up for breakfast at 11.10 am was turned away since breakfast ends at 11, but the rich people got in at 1105 because they were having a wedding there, first day was awakin by the sounds of busting ceramic tile at 8am and then the sound of saws the rest of the day, the a/c unit didnt work two guys said all they can do is change it at 6pm at nite they pull it out and change it, the toilet was falling off its mounts, i could have got a much better vacation for the money in jamaica or the dominican for this money and they like guests and want you to come back they beg you, and ive never been to a resort where they charge you 30 a day for snorkling equipment its always free and sanitized, had to buy it at kmart for 30 bucks and got to use it where i want as long as i want, had a jeep and i cant imagine what i would have done without it, would have been a $10,000 dollar vacation with out it, after this expirence i will never stay at a marriot again,no handicap provision what so ever,i tried to drive my jeep to room to unload was told no vehicals so i ask how to travel the mile from my room to front with no rides, ask they said, guess what i did and got ignored unless i pushed it,
for the pirates buffet you have to reserve and what a looser all locals and when the food runs out it dosnt get refilled for an hour, and wasnt that good, seems like all they care about is there wedding bussiness, and the staff seemed like they would like to do something but there being held back by cheap management, although some staff helped like stephanie,jackie,eddie, and a bellboy with an unusual name i called kid, nice kid,but i heard from locals the palms is the nicer place, i felt ripped by this place and travelocity, all in all this was a looser, however it could be a good resort the veiws and style compare to places in hawaii ive been, but whoever owns this place is not a very good bussiness man, and ive heard from locals its changed big names a couple of times, i wouldnt go back here when i come back and if your smart neither will you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a tropical oasis at Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa. Our resort in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands offers a one-of-a-kind luxury setting within the foothills of a lush tropical rainforest. We sit only steps away from the pristine sands of Estate Davis Bay and our oceanfront resort offers easy access to many exhilarating outdoor activities in St. Croix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel St. Croix
- Carambola Beach Hotel
- Carambola Beach Resort
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa U.S. Virgin Islands