“Great Hike”

Ranked #14 of 107 things to do in St. Croix
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at the Carambola Resort and Spa and the tide pools can be hiked to from there. We had a fun hike (about 40 minutes each way moving briskly) there are some steep parts in the beginning especially but press on, its fun and worth it. I would recommend for those in shape and not afraid of some rock climbing to get to the pools themselves once you reach the beach area. It's a beautiful trip…there is one really funny Youtube vid on these, check it out with some guys who were there during a really rough swell.

2  Thank Luv2Travel12345_10
There are newer reviews for Carambola Tide Pools

Reviewed November 23, 2013

AWSOME!!! VERY hard to get to, I tracked it down on google earth, found an old sugarmill ruin as a landmark, somehow found that driving 4w on washed out twin tracks for over an hour to go about three miles, it was a breathtaking adventure to finally walk down to the pools.

2  Thank Gotaround
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We loved it so much we would have done it twice if we had the time. The hike to the tide pools was a difficult because it had narrow paths and steep climbs. If you are not in shape or have children you may want to getca tan tan to take you. When we got to the tide pools there were two tan tans who were so nice and helpful and we weren't even their customers. The tide pools are beautiful rock formations. There werevalso great picture opportunities on the trail. The trail was shaded for the most part which was very helpful. We had so much fun this day. Definitely a highlight of our trip!

2  Thank 2377donna9
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hike wasn't bad. wear some swim shoes that are comfortable. I spent an hour just snorkeling along the walls of the tide pools. saw 2 brittlestars, tons of crabs and just amazing life, just under the surface. if you like lust looking at life-it is a blast.

1  Thank alyssabehr
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am an crucian and had not been there while I lived on the island. However in the last three trips back home, I have taken my children to the tide pools. They started hiking as young as 4 (not recommended), and have always loved the hike and the pools. It is an all day affair. If you bring children on the hike, make sure they have good shoes and snacks. This is by far one of the can't miss adventures. I have always gone with a Local guide (aka a good family friend) who knows how to get over the boulders. I am not sure I would go with out him. The views from the trail are absolutely breath taking.

1  Thank cruzangurl33