New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“great layout” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carambola Golf Club

Carambola Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Perhaps the best golf course in the Caribbean, Carambola is a par-72 course with lots of uphill and cross-water shots.
Tampa, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“great layout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This golf course was a nice change fo me to play. Being from Florida I tend to play flat courses. Carambola has some nice rolling fairways and some challenging water holes.
The rental clubs were pretty good but a little pricey.
Definately worth the play.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ty t

Joplin, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great day of golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

During our week-long vacation, we had many fun-filled activities. We carved out just one day for playing golf at Carambola Golf Club. The manager, David, was very nice and got us right in for an 8:00am tee time. When we arrived, he had our cart loaded with our rental clubs, and with a cooler full of ice! What service! The course was beautiful! My husband and I both shot the best golf we have ever played there. I don't know if it was the beautiful Carribean, or the rental clubs! The TaylorMade Burner 2.0s were AMAZING! So much so that my husband ordered me a set when we got home for an early birthday gift! I just picked them up today, and I hope I will play as well at home with them than I did there. Thank you, David, and all the staff at Carambola for a perfect morning of golf! We will definitely come back next time we are in St. Croix!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Sally L
Dallas, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“NIce course, great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was on a cruise and drove up to Carambola and played 18. The only thing odd was that the course was so empty in the off season - but I don't mind 3 hour rounds! Everyone from the guard at the gate to the folks in the pro shop were awesome.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank D T
Philadelphia, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Hot, Dry and Deserted”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

St Croix is in a drought and it really showed at the Carambola Golf Course. March is usually lush and tropical here but the weather patterns havent been nice to the west "wet" side of the island. It was deserted with only a few players out, it was dry as a bone except for the irrigated greens and it was Hot, Hot, Hot. The views are valley bound with no sign of the wonderful coastline. Wait for better conditions.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CattsMan
Highland Village, Texas
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Lunch at the Club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was hoping to post just for the restuarant but could only find the Golf Club in general. For those who want to know about lunch, the food was good. They did a very nice hamberger with slices of onions grilled. The burger itself was ground chuck and must have been at least a half pound. A person in the party ordered a Ceaser salad and they only charged $3 to add a generous slice of grilled blackend mahi. Prices were reasonable for the island. Also, this is a mid island golf course so no ocean side views etc, but very nice inner island views of the fairways and valley. The friends we were with golfed, and they preferred Carambola over the Buccaneer, but also said the two courses offered different experiences, so both are worth golfing. Hope this helps.

Visited January 2013