“It was ok”
Review of Cane Bay

Cane Bay
Ranked #15 of 107 things to do in St. Croix
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on St. Croix's north shore, the waters are not always gentle along this palm-tree-lined beach, but scuba diving and snorkeling are very popular here where less than 200 yards out is the drop-off called Cane Bay Wall.
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Small beach with slightly chopping water. Get there early if want any kind of a reasonable beach chair - no umbrellas since it is a turtle breading ground. It was ok for a few hours but not for a full day thing. But I have to say the fried pickles at the little bar on the beach were pretty tasty.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

We went to Cane Bay off of our RCCL cruise when we stopped in St. Croix. My husband was interested in snorkeling and we were told Cane Bay was the place to go. We got a taxi off of the dock area, but had to wait for others to join us (we left early in the morning and apparently others were not as interested in snorkeling as we were). My only major complaint is because it's not as popular, we had to tell the driver what time we wanted to return, instead of just leaving whenever we wanted to (taxis don't wait at the bay to return). The snorkeling was great, they had quite a lot to see without going too far from the shore (I'm inexperienced, so I did not go out to the Cane Bay Wall). Also, there was a restaurant/dive shop across the street, so we could easily get cold beverages/food. Later in the afternoon more people showed up, and it's a little smaller beach, so it felt like there was not as much space to get away from others.

2  Thank mblbham
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I stayed in the Eco-Cabins at Cane Bay Beach. I loved it! I was only there for one night, but I wish I could've stayed there for my entire vacation. This campground was just opened up, so the general store, or commissary wasn't up and running yet, but I didn't mind. I ate out around the neighborhood. There are some great restaurants, all reasonably priced. My cabin was in the woods, about a minute walk from the beach. It had everything I needed, including a very comfortable futon bed. There is a great hike that goes up to a pool and a waterfall! I hiked and snorkeled during the day, and that night I ate at Bogey's-all you can eat Mexican for like $8 bucks! The bath house was clean and very homey. The owner put out nice soaps and towels for me to use. This area of the island is perfect for young, eco friendly people that don't want to spend a fortune, and want to be in an islandy, laid back area. I think the cabins rent for $85.00, you can ask for a discount.

2  Thank liveryandrea
Reviewed February 1, 2011

The staff on the boat was great and fun. I really enjoyed my dive and they made it fun. Homemade cookies and Pineapple for a fun. If and when I visit St. Croix I will look them up again for my next dive!

1  Thank Polar_Caver
Reviewed December 25, 2010

We had rented a car in Frederiksted and drove thru the rainforest to get to the beach the roads were not marked. After some time we made it and it was a nice beach not very big. But was decent for snorkeling and there were restaurant and dive shop there.