“Do you want to stay inside a beach postcard?”

Carambola Beach Resort
Ranked #50 of 172 Restaurants in St. Croix
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Carambola resort in St. Croix is possibly the most scenic place on Earth. The staff is second to none, the beach is absolutely gorgeous and secluded, blocked on both ends by mountains. Watch out for falling coconuts and sea urchins. The cultural party on the weekend is an experience in itself. Grab a Cruzan confusion and head to the beach.

There are newer reviews for Carambola Beach Resort

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Carambola Resort for a week following his retirement from the airlines. Two of our best friends came with us. I can honestly say the Carambola Resort is one of the most lovely places I have ever stayed. The rooms are unbelievable, each with its own screened in porch overlooking the Carribean. The mahogany furniture that awaits you, and the bed was more comforable than the one I have at home (didn't think that could be possible). The resturant was amazing, food delicious and staff always ready and willing to accomodate. The spa was refreshing, the gift shop was like you were in a deparment store, it was huge, with everything you can imagine. They also have a walking trail that goes along one of the mountains and ends at a natures own pool with water rolling over rocks, that sounds magical. This resort should be on everyones bucket list.

1  Thank Kathy P
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the resort for a week in January. We ate the Breakfast Buffet one morning. The food was good, plentiful, and fresh. You could get a custom made omelet or fresh waffle. Bacon, ham, Sausage, French Toast, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, hash, ~ several fresh fruits and lots of bread choices ~ cold meats and cheeses, Other stuff I don't remember. Coffee and juices included. It cost $25.00 a person w/ tip.

We also ate on the bar side a couple of times. They have a limited menu, and we never saw any 'specials' offered. There were a few meals on the 25-30 dollar side, but we stuck with the Chicken sandwich and burgers. They were good, but the kitchen is slow. $16.00 each with one side. (I think, I lost the receipt on that one.) Another time we ordered the chicken quesadilla. It was just OK. $14.00

If you don't have means to get off the resort, or you are coming in late/leaving early you won't starve ~ but there is a LOT of great food on this island, and Marriott has to step it up to compete.

(on the up side, we found out they had just brought in some new staff, including a new restaurant manager to help them do just that.)

2  Thank Melston
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! I loved love LOVED this resort! Stayed here for a week and had an amazing time especially on Friday when the Moko jumbies performed. Staff could be friendlier and food could be better but besides that I had a very relaxing time and felt safe there. However, the beach was quite rocky and a bit dangerous so I recommend you venture out and visit other beaches. The beach by Hotel on the Cay was my favorite.

1  Thank Jasmine2486
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I needed a place close to the airport to conduct some business over lunch. This spot is perfect. It's along the famous Davis Bay beach. The staff are true Marriott professionals. I haven't experienced that level of customer service anywhere else on the island. The food was tasty and a good portion size. It was good to be able to eat in an open air dining facility. It was quite soothing. The atmosphere impressed my client. The government has to do a better job of improving the roads to get there. Otherwise, a good meal.

1  Thank TraveledCruzan