This was our first time to Turks and Caicos--we found a great deal for an ocean view junior suite at Seven Stars, and it was totally worth it! We arrived at Seven Stars probably only a few days after they had been closed for the month of September, and the resort was quiet and peaceful. When we arrived at our room, I couldn't believe the view--it was amazing! It could've qualified as an "oceanfront" with a dead-on great view of the pool and ocean. The room came with top-line amentities: L'occitane toiletries, All-Clad pots and pans, oxo kitchen utensils, and an extremely comfortable bed. We had an adjoining room, and there was definitely someone in our room because I could see the light shine through the bottom of the door, but sound was never an issue. If anything, I could hear the people upstairs walking around and moving furniture more, but it wasn't bothersome.
There was plenty of parking near our room. Beachwise, Grace Bay is perfect, except, I felt like the ocean got deep fairly quickly. No worries though, because on calm days, there are hardly any waves and the water is so clear. Seven Stars had plenty of umbrellas and palapas spread out enough for privacy. Throughout the day, servers would come around with complimentary amentities: evian spirtz with cold washcloths, fruit skewers, and fruit punch. I also liked the location of this hotel: easy to walk to Graceway Gourmet for groceries, and we stocked up on plenty for lunch to save $$ (While the food was good at the Sand Dollar, a can of diet coke was $4 and entrees were $17-20 each).
Perhaps the nicest feature of Seven Stars is their complimentary shuttle. We had a car for part of our stay, but during the time we didn't have one, it was nice to get out and try other restaurants in the Grace Bay area. Very convenient!
I felt very safe at the resort as well. There's a gate to let cars/pedestrians in and out of the resort at the front, and there's also a security guard at the entrance to the resort in back, at the beach as well.
If there are a few areas in which the hotel could improve, it would be the check-in. I felt they were trying really hard to make it as relaxing as possible (they let us sit-down to check in and provided us with free rum punch which was nice), but I felt like it was haphazardly done b/c no one initially took our car, we didn't know where to go, and our luggage was just sitting in the driveway for awhile. Then, when one of the concierge men walked us to our room with our luggage, we hadn't even gotten our keys. He could let us in, but he had to run back downstairs to get the keys for us. Not a huge deal, but it just didn't seem as seamless as I would think for a resort of this quality.
They had free wifi in the hotel lobby, but no internet in our room our near the pool. Not a huge deal, but it would've been nice to have internet access in our room.
If you get the chance to visit Provo, I definitely recommend Seven Stars on the great deal we got--$199/night for an oceanview junior suite! However, I'm not sure if it's worth the rack rates. Restaurant-wise, we really enjoyed da conch shack, o'soleil at The Somerset, and Anacoana (pricey but worth it!). The concierge at Seven Stars did a great job helping us find some restaurants. We also spend a day at Taylor Bay and loved it. Had the whole beach to ourselves and we could walk out 100 yards and still be in knee-deep water. Amazing! Wish I could return to Provo soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchoring the sweeping arc of the world-famous Grace Bay Beach in the Turks & Caicos Islands, Seven Stars Resort blends island hospitality with luxurious all-suite accommodations and world-class amenities. Expansive accommodations range from junior to five-bedroom suites and feature high-end furnishings and finishes, full kitchens or kitchenettes, wrap-around balconies and over-sized marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, terry bathrobes and L’Occitane amenities. Island-inspired cuisine is served in three dining venues. Ideal for couples and families, the oceanfront palm-lined resort features a pool terrace with cabanas, tennis, complimentary water-sports, kids program, spa, fitness center, and nearby championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Seven Stars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Stars Resort
- Seven Stars Hotel Providenciales
- Seven Stars Providenciales
- Seven Stars Resort & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales