“Seven Stars and then some...”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Manhattan Beach, California
“Seven Stars and then some...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I can't believe it has taken me so long to write this review...I guess I am still in denial that our vacation is over.
I'm not really sure how to start this so I'm just going to jump in. We are from the west coast and as us west coaster usually do, we usually vacation in Mexico, Hawaii and other west coast travel friendly destinations. This year we decided to try something new. My only request was to travel somewhere with the bluest, clearest water possible. Well we found that place and then some. After much research we decided on the Seven Stars Resort for the following reasons:
1) Rooms- condo style, we stayed in a ocean view 1bd suite approx 1400 sqft. with kitchen.
2) Location and proximity to restaurants, shops i.e. grocery store
3) Cleanliness of beach
4) Overall reviews
I have to say that this resort exceeded our expectations.
The only bummer about our trip was the layover we had in Miami from LA but once we arrived the trip was perfect.

* Upon arrival at the airport it only took about 15 minutes from landing to actually get into a taxi. Once we arrived at the Seven Stars we were immediately greeted by the staff...Claudine, Fiona....you guys are great!!! We were greated with refreshing towels and cocktails and before we knew it we were on our way to our room.

* The rooms... amazing! 1400 sqft, wrap around balcony, 1.5 baths, full kitchen and all top notch amenities. The colors of the rooms were so relaxing. They really did a great job with the decor.

* Food, the food was great. Expensive, yes but we were prepared. If you are planning on visiting Turks and Caicos be prepared that dining out is expensive. We went knowing that and therefore we were not shocked the least bit. As far as where we ate and what we would recommend, well we recommend all the following: Da Conch Shack (must do), Bay Bistro, Mango Reef, Somewhere on the Beach (must!!!), Bagatelle at the Gansevoort (Friday nights), and last but not least Coco Bistro (went our last evening).

What did we do while we were there? We slept, ever so comfortably every night, we drank, we ate or I shall say "dined", we swam everyday in both the pool and the ever clear water, we snorkeled and SUP (stand up paddle boarded) thanks to Clay, Michael and Steve, enjoyed the palapas everyday....we truely vacationed and relaxed!!

We are from LA from a small beach community and in the Hospitality Industry and let me tell you, the people truly made this an unforgettable experience. We've done the South Pacific, Hawaii, South America, Mexico and various other vacation locations and this has by far been the best vacation ever and really I feel that the people/staff of Turks and Caicos made the difference.
So, thank you:
Fiona and Claudine-your hospitality and friendly front desk faces are missed.
Clay- your snorkel trip was one of the best yet! your knowledge and love of the ocean is noticed and appreciated.
Steve- your conversation, laugh, and enthusiasm for the ocean and excitement to overall please is superb.
Michael- your kindness and willingness to help on the beach and your laugh as my boyfriend failed to stand up on the paddle board are memories we will never forget as you so kindly took pictures for us.
...And to everyone else that I may not have mentioned at the Seven Stars, thank you for making the Seven Stars what it is. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

We spent the last week of May 2010 at Seven Stars and were very pleased with our decision. We had never booked any kind of condo-style property for our numerous Caribbean vacations over the years. We had the Junior Honeymoon Suite (Rm 1503) in the Alhenia building which included a small kitchenette (refrigerator with ice maker!), microwave, stove, coffee machine, and various small appliances including dishes / silverware (but NO oven). It was perfect for storing / reheating leftovers, etc., or cooking light meals. We do not want to cook much when on vacation so the accommodations were perfect for us. We were able to make-do for a couple of meals if we were too tired to go out or if the weather was uncooperative.

We are from Los Angeles. The flight time from our connection in Miami was -1.5 hours. We arrived at ~1pm on Saturday May 22. An airport greeter asked us about our destination and sent us to the cab station. Within about 5 minutes, I was in a van being shuttled to the resort which is about 20 minutes away. The cost of the cab ride for 2 was $26. Upscale open-air lobby greeted us along with a Seven Stars rep. Sit down on the couch, receive a cool lemon-grass towel and a refreshing glass of punch (with our without rum...I chose with!). About 15 minutes to exchange credit card and sign paperwork and we were on our way to our room. It was raining so we DID NOT receive a tour of the property, but they offered to give us a tour at our convenience. Since I had read every review here on Trip Advisor for Seven Stars, I was pretty comfortable with the lay of the land. They have 3 seven-story buildings so you may get a view of the sunset if you face West (as we did) or a view of the sweeping shoreline if you view East. They are very different views, but both spectacular. Our room had a large balcony with a table, two chairs and one chaisse lounge with a small coffee table. As everyone has said, the rooms are decorated beautifully with high-end touches everywhere. We are talking model-home type upgrades, furniture and accessories including a jacuzzi tub, separate walk-in shower with bench seat, mini-washer / dryer (including Tide and Bounce), separate his / her sinks. I’m telling you this place was as nice as my house! Bravo to whoever did the design / decorating.

When the rain stopped an hour after our arrival we took the lingering cloud cover as an excuse to explore the local shopping centers. East of the resort (turn left) there was a pizza place, ice cream shop, souvenir shop and a couple places to eat; Jimmy’s Dive Bar and Caicos Cafe. We also took a trip South (straight out of the resort) about a 10 minute walk to the Graceway Supermarket. It is a very nice place with a meat department, deli department, bakery department, etc. Very much like a new full-service grocery store here in the US. It was not like many of the small grocery stores I have been to on other Islands. It was just like being at home. They had beer, booze and water toys, too. Pricing was expensive (like a convenience store in the US think 7-11), but selection was great. We bought water, beer, booze and soda which saved us a ton of money on drinks. We also walked West of the resort (turn right) and went to Salt Mills Plaza which is about 10 minutes walk. Similar selection of stores as the plaza on the other side (souveniers, cafe, etc,), but I would check out both plazas to see what seems interesting. Both are an easy walk as long as the sun is not blazing.

We ate at most of the recommended places here on Trip Advisor. We always had 1 drink each, a shared appetizer, two entrees and shared dessert. First night we ate at the in-house restaurant called The Terrace. We eat as late as possible so the place was virtually empty at 8:30 on Saturday when we got there. We ate outside. Service was outstanding and food was very good, I had steak cooked a perfect medium-rare and the wife had the grouper which was local, fresh and excellent. Price was ~$150. Sunday we ate at Pizza Pizza (turn right 5 minutes) and had good pizza, salad and garlic bread. Dinner with a couple of drinks was ~$50. We took the leftover pizza and ate it for lunch a couple of days later...nice! Monday, we ate at Anacoanda which is at the Grace Bay Club a couple of resorts east of Seven Stars. Seating is outdoors, service is outstanding and pricing is expensive. I had steak and she had Sea Bass. Drinks, appetizer, dinner and dessert was $200. It was pretty expensive there, but service, ambiance and presentation was top notch. Tuesday, we ate at Bella Luna about 5 minutes walk West. I had Veal Parmesan and she had the Pasta with Sausage. Both were good and again we took leftovers and had them for lunch a couple of days later. Food was good, ambiance was OK and price was $130. Value was not as good at Belle Luna, but we got two meals out of it and it is a very short walk so I would still recommend it. Wednesday, we ate at Coco Bistro. Very busy restaurant. Seating is outdoors under a canopy of coconut palm trees. Ambiance is good due to beautiful setting, but restaurant was frantic with servers running around to serve everybody. Food was very good (steak and fish again) and price was -$150. Thursday, we ate at Jimmy’s Dive Bar 5 minutes East of the resort, I wanted to watch the Lakers game and have some bar food for a change. The place has 3-4 flat-screen TVs. It 's a bar so there were some locals there, but service was good and I was able to eat nachos and chicken quesadillas while enjoying a couple of beers and a Lakers playoff game along with some Lakers fans in the back room. Bill was -$60. For our last night on Friday we ate at the Terrace again since it was our favorite meal up to that point. Much more crowded this time and we even had to wait for 15 minutes for a table. We got a repeat of our first meal and food was good again. Big difference in ambiance with a full restaurant and service suffered a little, but still a pleasant memory. The Terrace gets some negative reviews here so I just wanted to say that we thought it was excellent. Tab was ~ $150. The resort offers a complimentary shuttle to local restaraunts so we used that a couple of times (Anacoanda & Coco Bistro). Service both to and from was prompt, friendly and appreciated. I tipped the guy $5 each way.

Beach is fantastic. Plenty of palapas and unbrellas with beach loungers set up. Never had a problem finding a spot despite only getting to the beach at noon every day. Beach attendants are friendly and helpful. They did bring ice water and sorbet to us on the beach as part of their guest experience and it was much appreciated. They also provide beach drink service, but you may need to flag them down to let them know you are interested, They are working for tips and are eager to please. The pool is very nice with plenty of shade canopys and large wooden loungers. Definitely high-end and just when I thought the place was perfect ........

....... I did have one interesting incident with the beach staff. We noticed a bucket of water on the wood deck that leads down to the beach. I figured it may be a primitive foot washing station to keep sand off of the deck, but never saw anyone using it. For the first 6 days of my trip, I bypassed this bucket (not particularly sanitary) and rinsed my feet at one of the typical shower foot washing stations that ring the pool. As I was leaving the beach for the last time, an Austrailian staffer that I had never seen before stopped me as I was leaving the beach and asked if I had used the foot rinsing bucket. I pleasantly replied that I had been using the typical foot washing stations that ring the pool, and attempted to move on and do so. He informed me that I should use the primitive bucket to keep sand out of the drains? I found this mostly pleasant confrontation to be puzzling since the guy was telling a guest at a "7"-star resort how to keep sand out of their drains. I’m not sure how a design flaw that allows sand in the drains is supposed to be controlled by the guests using a wooden bucket with day old water to get sand off of their feet? It was an akward request that created an awkward situation, This must be what other reviews have mentioned about some staff training not quite being at a 5 star level.

Having said that, the Seven Stars experience was a GREAT one overall. The resort is relatively new and it shows. The staff is primarily a combination of locals and men from Nepal? The beach attendants are Nepalese, the housekeeping staff is Nepalese, and the resort guards are Nepelese? This may have been the first time I have had a male
cleaning my room, but I can tell you that they did a quick, consistent and thorough cleaning job every day. I left them $5 per day as a thank you, Very pleasant folks and a promise made was a promise kept! You can’t ask for more than that and we could not have asked for more from the Seven Stars. The room was right up there with the best I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CaliTraveler020
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

1st time to TCI, and it is truly paradise on earth. The resort is breathtaking. The beaches and ocean is incredible. We have been to Cancun, Jamaica, and Maui - and none compare. The resort is truly 5 stars, and we were fortunate enough to compare it to Grace Bay Club where our relatives were staying. The room quality is higher at Seven Stars Resort than Grace Bay Club, and it is overall Seven Stars Resort is a step up from the Grace By Club. The room furnishings are top quality , the balcony had a gorgeous view of the ocean and the service at the beach and pool was fabulous. The staff at Seven Stars was very accommodating and friendly. In particular - Nik Flowers, the Marketing and Sales Manager and Steve Flowers, the Water Sports Manager - they gave us better service and attention than we have ever experienced.

Can't wait to return to this amazing place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Well we just came back and let me tell you it was wonderfull ! The romms were great and the Ocean view fantastic. The grounds were well kept.The cleaning staff did a stellar job in cleanind our room every day and the turn down service was a classy touch. The food at the poll bar from breakfast to lunch was superb. The staff was always about and you could ask for anything and they would produce it with a smile. I would like to complement; Ingret Reynoso for her professionalisn in reservations and her keen people skills, Jerry O'Brien for hiss concern for details,Steve for making our water sports a great experience,and Don our beach attandant. Also kudos to all the wait staff and our favorite chief Jose for a delicious lunch.All in all it was a great time and we would recomend this resort to anyone looking to go to Provadencialles Turks and caicos islands

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Seven Stars for 10 days in April and it was one of the most relaxing trips we've ever taken. The resort was simply amazing, service was great and the room was perfect.

When we arrived our room wasn't ready for us yet so we did have to wait a while in the lobby but that was OK because they served us a cold rum punch and gave us a cool towel. Once our room was ready they took us for a quick tour of the property and then to our room.

We stayed in a studio with a king bed and ocean view. While yes the ocean view did bump up the price of the room, it was well worth it. The water is beautiful and so clear. The room had a small kitchenette that we used to make our lunches and a few dinners. The kitchenette had a fridge which was great because you could make your own drinks/beer to bring down to the beach with you which saves you tons of money. Bathrooms were very clean and spacious.

The resort was very clean and not that busy when we were there. I guess April is the beginning of their slow time so it never felt crowded. The resort features a big salt water pool, which we never used because the beach was so beautiful. There is a small restaurant by the pool that serves breakfast and lunch. Be warned that the food there is very expensive so just be prepared. Restaurants on the entire island are expensive so it's just something you have to accept and not complain about. The beach was great and equipped with chairs and umbrellas. You can also rent sailboats, kayaks, snorkels, etc from the resort and those are all included in the rate. Mike, who was usually at the beach hut, was awesome. He taught me how to sail and was very friendly.

This leads me to service of the resort. I have never left someplace knowing so many employees by name. Everyone was very friendly and ready to chat up a storm with you. Say hi to Lela at the Sand Dollar for us when you go. Concierge was very helpful and set up our excursions and dinner reservations for us.

Another great benefit of this place is the location. You are within a 5 minute walk to a handful of restaurants and 2 minutes from a grocery store. The restaurants we'd recommend within walking distance are the Thai place, Pizza place, Sushi place and for breakfast the Salt Mills Cafe (sorry, don't remember all the names).

Overall I give this place two thumbs up. I've been back to the real world for a few months now and not a day goes by where I don't wish I was back at Seven Stars.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Our family recently got together at Seven Stars for a family reunion. Our five night stay in paradise was simply not long enough! The resort was amazing! We gathered each morning at the beach huddling our umbrellas together to enjoy soaking up the sun, swimming, snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, paddleboarding, and kayaking! Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed all of the water sports and the staff who worked at them couldn't have been more friendly or more accomodating!! Speaking of staff, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. From the beach bar staff who kept us well hydrated to the kind gentelman who brought us ice water, fruit kabobs and sorbet to enjoy each day at the beach. What a treat those were!!! The concierge was able to take care of our vehicle rentals and assist us in booking our deep sea fishing trip. Last, but certanily not least, were our accomodations. The rooms were gorgeous and our views were breathtaking. I usually don't sleep well in a new place, but each night I laid down to sleep and slept as if I were in my own bed at home. Our family was able to make new friends in the staff, new memories with each other and enjoy five amazing days in paradise. THANK YOU SEVEN STARS!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

my husband and i stayed at seven stars in april. i cannot tell you how amazing the service was from the second we arrived to the second we left. cool towels and cocktails upon arrival while our luggage was placed in our room. when we arrived to our room our jaws dropped w/ amazement. we enjoyed cocktails and food at the beach bar daily, breakfast by the pool daily and lunch served beach side daily. there was a grocery store across the street and we made use of stocking up on some goodies. concierge was so helpful at making dinner reservations and excursion bookings for us. skip the restaurant, there's better places on the island.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple