I can't believe it has taken me so long to write this review...I guess I am still in denial that our vacation is over.
I'm not really sure how to start this so I'm just going to jump in. We are from the west coast and as us west coaster usually do, we usually vacation in Mexico, Hawaii and other west coast travel friendly destinations. This year we decided to try something new. My only request was to travel somewhere with the bluest, clearest water possible. Well we found that place and then some. After much research we decided on the Seven Stars Resort for the following reasons:
1) Rooms- condo style, we stayed in a ocean view 1bd suite approx 1400 sqft. with kitchen.
2) Location and proximity to restaurants, shops i.e. grocery store
3) Cleanliness of beach
4) Overall reviews
I have to say that this resort exceeded our expectations.
The only bummer about our trip was the layover we had in Miami from LA but once we arrived the trip was perfect.
* Upon arrival at the airport it only took about 15 minutes from landing to actually get into a taxi. Once we arrived at the Seven Stars we were immediately greeted by the staff...Claudine, Fiona....you guys are great!!! We were greated with refreshing towels and cocktails and before we knew it we were on our way to our room.
* The rooms... amazing! 1400 sqft, wrap around balcony, 1.5 baths, full kitchen and all top notch amenities. The colors of the rooms were so relaxing. They really did a great job with the decor.
* Food, the food was great. Expensive, yes but we were prepared. If you are planning on visiting Turks and Caicos be prepared that dining out is expensive. We went knowing that and therefore we were not shocked the least bit. As far as where we ate and what we would recommend, well we recommend all the following: Da Conch Shack (must do), Bay Bistro, Mango Reef, Somewhere on the Beach (must!!!), Bagatelle at the Gansevoort (Friday nights), and last but not least Coco Bistro (went our last evening).
What did we do while we were there? We slept, ever so comfortably every night, we drank, we ate or I shall say "dined", we swam everyday in both the pool and the ever clear water, we snorkeled and SUP (stand up paddle boarded) thanks to Clay, Michael and Steve, enjoyed the palapas everyday....we truely vacationed and relaxed!!
We are from LA from a small beach community and in the Hospitality Industry and let me tell you, the people truly made this an unforgettable experience. We've done the South Pacific, Hawaii, South America, Mexico and various other vacation locations and this has by far been the best vacation ever and really I feel that the people/staff of Turks and Caicos made the difference.
So, thank you:
Fiona and Claudine-your hospitality and friendly front desk faces are missed.
Clay- your snorkel trip was one of the best yet! your knowledge and love of the ocean is noticed and appreciated.
Steve- your conversation, laugh, and enthusiasm for the ocean and excitement to overall please is superb.
Michael- your kindness and willingness to help on the beach and your laugh as my boyfriend failed to stand up on the paddle board are memories we will never forget as you so kindly took pictures for us.
...And to everyone else that I may not have mentioned at the Seven Stars, thank you for making the Seven Stars what it is. We look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchoring the sweeping arc of the world-famous Grace Bay Beach in the Turks & Caicos Islands, Seven Stars Resort blends island hospitality with luxurious all-suite accommodations and world-class amenities. Expansive accommodations range from junior to five-bedroom suites and feature high-end furnishings and finishes, full kitchens or kitchenettes, wrap-around balconies and over-sized marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, terry bathrobes and L’Occitane amenities. Island-inspired cuisine is served in three dining venues. Ideal for couples and families, the oceanfront palm-lined resort features a pool terrace with cabanas, tennis, complimentary water-sports, kids program, spa, fitness center, and nearby championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seven Stars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Stars Resort
- Seven Stars Hotel Providenciales
- Seven Stars Providenciales
- Seven Stars Resort & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales