“My wedding at the Seven Stars”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
San Francisco, California
“My wedding at the Seven Stars”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I had my wedding at the Seven Stars on April 2010. The hotel is new and beautiful, I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Grace Bay Beach is as beautiful as ever and thankfully, all the loud construction up and down the beach seems to be complete. Most of my review though, is specific to my wedding. From planning to the day of the event, the staff there were the most wonderful to work with!! I had checked out a few other hotels in Provo for the wedding, but they all had wedding packages that werent customizeable, too expensive or wanted me to work with a third party wedding planner. I did not hire a planner but instead worked mainly with Niki Flowers at the Seven Stars. She was incredibly understanding about my budget and always gave me 3-4 different options on everything. She replied to all my emails very quickly, and because I had been to the island before and felt comfortable with her planning, I didnt need to fly to the island for any planning trips (huge money and time saver for me). On the day of my wedding, the skies were overcast, so they kept in constant contact with me about moving some of the event indoors if necessary. They were on top of everything and I never felt stressed at all. After the wedding and dinner, we danced the night away at their beachfront bar. I can honestly say my wedding is the best party i've ever been to, thanks in large part to the planning and coordination by the staff at the Seven Stars. I look forward to going back to celebrate anniversaries in the years to come!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank sfmama2017

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Just got back Monday. My wife and I went to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary. Here are some thoughts/suggestions/recommendation...

After researching for a few weeks (mostly on this website and its forums), we decided on the Seven Stars. Good choice. Thanks to all who recommended it. The resort itself is very nice. The rooms are equipped with new furnishings, a nice kitchen, big bathroom (shower & tub), closet space, high end electronics, etc. You cant really ask for a better room.

We booked the "couples escape," so we were automatically upgraded to an oceanfront suite (plus a complimentary dinner and couples massage). Our suite was on the ground level, but it was still good enough to be able to see the ocean. It had a huge balcony with lawn chairs, patio furniture, etc. and a private gate leading directly to the pool/beach area.

We visited some of the other high end resorts, and I'd say the Seven Stars might be a notch below a place like Grace Bay Club in terms of service. Granted, GBC has been around a long time, so they've mastered the intricacies of managing a luxury resort. You get the feeling Seven Stars just isn't there yet.

That being said, we would definitely return. The location is great, within walking distance of a couple of mini-shopping centers, a grocery, bank, etc. The food at all of their restaurants is very good, as are the drinks at the bars. The beach is fantastic. There are water sports available. Like I said, service was good but a little slow at times. But I think this has more to do with the general nature of the island than anything else. They'll get it down, I think.

Pretty quiet atmosphere, generally. The resort looked maybe 20% occupied. I had the good fortune of meeting one of the board members, and he was telling me that the majority of the units are individually owned, run by a hotel management company. So, you know that the resort is going to be kept up.

All in all, I would definitely recommend the Seven Stars, and I look forward to returning, hopefully in the not-so-distant future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UMJer026
new york
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We just came back from the most amazing vacation at the Seven Star Resort in Turks and Caicos...We had a 3 bedroom oceanfront suite with a beautiful terrace overlooking the gorgeous beach of Grace Bay...The accomodations were immaculate clean, beautifully decorated and little luxury touches as flowers, the way the fold the towels etc.... The service was first class, the staff know you by name and say yes to every request with a smile...Lila and Calvin were extra nice and helpful...The food was extraordinary, especially breakfast and lunch...We usually stay at the well known resorts in the Caribbean, such as Sandy Lane, Guanahani, La Samanna etc, so we were not sure what to expect, but WOW we could say that Seven Stars could be one of the best resorts we ever stayed....Loved it!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jacabrasa123
Providence, RI
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We just got back (unfortunately) from a wonderful stay at Seven Stars Resort. From the minute we arrived, the staff was very welcoming. We were greeted with a nice cold lemon scented towel and a delicious rum punch drink. We were then escorted to our beautiful room with a gorgeous bathroom, a nice well stocked kitchen with everything you would ever need, and a great veranda overlooking the corral blue ocean. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept on! We didn't move all night long!!

The first night we both had a delicious piece of Grouper (the local fish) at the property restaurant (The Terrace). The atmosphere wasn't great but the fish was cooked perfectly. The staff was also very friendly and attentive. During the week we also ate at Mango Reef, Hemingway's, Coco Bistro, Da Conch Shack, Lemon Cafe and Grace's Cottage. All of them were fantastic! Our favorites were Coco Bistro and Lemon Cafe. Lemon is Morroccan food and they offer tapas which is fun. The staff too was very fun, friendly, and made delicious, refreshing drinks! The grocery store, some bars, restaurants, and the casino are within walking distance. There also is a shuttle on property which will take you to most places which is really nice.

We ate the continental breakfast every morning located next to the pool. There was a nice selection of muffins, fruit, juice, cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit. The staff was very attentive (especially Lila) and made sure we had everything we needed including lots of coffee.

The property also has lots of water sport equipment available for no charge. We took out a kayak one day, windsurfer, and a paddle surf board. Michael who was really nice and accommodating took us out on a Hobie Cat sailboat one day too which was a lot of fun. They also have snorkeling trips available for a nominal fee. The beach was absolutely gorgeous and the pool was very clean with great chairs and chaises. They also have fresh water and lemons to enjoy at the pool or beach. Throughout the day they bring fruit kabobs and sorbet to you on the beach or at the pool. The food at the pool was FANTASTIC! Everything we ate was delicious and the rum punch was the best we had all week. There is live music on Monday and Thursday night at "The Deck" and they offer 2 for 1 drinks for beer, wine, and rum punch from 5-6.

Overall, this place is awesome. We have been to several Caribbean Islands and this one ranks at the top. We will return there another time knowing we will have an incredible experience!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FoodieRI
MA
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Seven Stars features wonderful accomodations and facilities, a great location, and an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. A special, surprise feature is a very large, heated pool that is absolutely delightful. The beach, of course, is the primary attraction and is well maintained, and non motor water equipment is readily available. The pool side restaurant is good for breakfast and lunch. However, the evening dining facility that was opened was only average. Overall, Seven Stars is not inexpensive, but is a fair value.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 3, 2010

My husband and I just returned yesterday from the Seven Stars Resort in the Turks and Caicos and we are missing it already! The grounds were beautiful, the staff incredible
(hi to Jerrell, Rashid, and Michael), the food wonderful and we couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience.

We ate at the Mango Reef at RWI, Opus at the Ocean Club, Anacaona at Grace Bay Club, The Terrace at Seven Stars, Coco Bistro and Jimmy's Dive Bar. The hotel provides free transportation to and from the restaurants in the Grace Bay area so no need for a taxi. The only time we needed a taxi was to and from the airport.

The resort is located directly across from a new supermarket and each room has a kitchen so it helps with breakfast and lunch costs.

We went on a snorkeling tour with Caicos Dream Tours and went sailing with Michael the morning we left.

One bit of advice to couples if you are staying in a one bedroom garden view room - the door adjoining the two suites (in order to add an extra bedroom to the larger suite) is very thin so you might want to ask to be beside adults without kids. We were moved the 2nd day because the family next to us washed and dried their clothes at 7:00 am and made a lot of noise. The staff was very accommodating and moved us one floor up with no one in the adjoining room. The rooms are very luxurious. Awesome!

We have traveled many islands and I do believe this is our favorite and the Seven Stars is simply outstanding! We plan to return this summer to take our son and other family members. Til we return.......

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed April 2, 2010

My wife researched through trip advisor and found this fabulous resort. The staff, location, roooms, amenties were defintetly 7 Stars. Location was central to all the stuff we did. The only negative is the hotel cuurent has no dinner restaurant. The beach was awesome. I will come back again soon. HIGHLY recommended!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family