“worlds best service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Essex, UK
“worlds best service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

didnt stay in the 7 stars - the gross beachfront architectural nightmare towering over one of the most breathtaking beach vistas in the world to me is an afront - but spent a day with the most incredibly skilful and attentive service I think I have ever experienced.
September is a quiet month and as a regulat TCI visitor know that a) service is not always top notch - or at least, lets say patchy and b) when it is this quiet ( Sep is lowlowlow season) it is easy to get bored and distracted. Food was excellent and staff to a man (funny,was all guys ) were absolutely perfect,attentive lively, not too obsequious and they seemed to have the correct mix of personal but not obtrusive down to a honed and fine art. Close your eyes to the seven stories of developmental pillage and enjoy this experience - what a real (yes I wanted to seriously dislike it!) pleasure!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

I visited Seven Stars during a period of significant professional/career stress last year. Within several hours of my arrival, I had managed to put the vast majority of those thoughts behind me! In terms of describing my visit, there are so many superlatives to mention I'm actually uncertain as to where to begin...

It is probably worth noting that I visited Seven Stars several weeks before its official grand opening. Although members of the staff -- a first rate, extremely friendly and professional team -- mentioned the possibility of a service glitch here and there given the timing of my visit, I did not experience anything that remotely resembled a service glitch. To the contrary, the staff truly bent over backwards to ensure that I had everything I needed and enjoyed my stay. The main restaurant was not open during my stay; however, the poolside grill made up for that "inconvenience" by preparing very tasty meal after meal. In addition, the staff provided me numerous local restaurant recommendations. The accomodations were definitely first class: the rooms were exquisite and extremely well furnished/appointed; the entertainment center was very high-end; the kitchen was spacious and well furnished; and the in-unit washer/dryer was a great convenience. Finally, the fitness center was clean and well stocked with modern equipment yet surprisingly small for a resort of Seven Stars' stature.

The pool area was very impressive; it occupied quite a large space without seeming sprawling and impersonal. The attending staffers were always available yet never intrusive. Of course, the beach (fronting on Grace Bay, one of the world's 10 best beaches) was simply stunning.

Suffice it to say that I enjoyed my stay tremendously, and I certainly look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
5 Thank Chutz
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

This is our second stay at Seven Stars and it is still the most beautiful resort I've ever been to. The landscaping is gorgeous and the grounds are immaculate. The living accomodations are modern and the units are extremly clean.
All of the staff are very friendly and willing to assist you in any way they can. The addition of the Terrace Grill next to the pool offers an intimate dining experience either inside or outside. The food was excellent! Go to the Sand Dollar poolside bar and grill and have Kirkwood mix up one of his special drinks and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Telephoneman
Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

This hotel was impressive. From the service the moment you reached the Hotel lobby to the tour of the facility, to the arrival at your room.

The staff was prompt, the views were amazing, the floors never felt sticky or dirty (very important to me).

The staff visited the room no less than twice a day to ensure cleanliness and excelence.
The Bedding and the pillows were WONDERFUL.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a great geataway in search of new culture, great food, wonderful weather and great people!! Everyone we met was helpful!

Thank you Providenciales and thank you Seven Stars Resort!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank LMRCharlotte
brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

Well it took me a long time to research Turks hotels to decide on the seven stars. I had gotten it down to seven stars, the regent palms and the somerset. I am very glad we chose seven stars. We did get to eat at the regent palms and it is also gorgeous, so I would consider staying there as well.
The seven stars hotel is absolutely gorgeous! It is very new and in wonderful condition. The room was beautiful. We had a 1 br suite. It consisted of 2 full bathrooms one bedroom, a living room and a small galley kitchen. The kitchen, bedroom and living room were all connected to the terrace. We had a garden view, which is a little regret of mine. the views of the ocean from the ocean view rooms was magnificent. Maybe next time!!

The service was great at the hotel. the cleaning staff, front desk and wait staff were all great. the only issue that I had with the hotel was that I specifically mentioned that we were there for our honeymoon, and it really wasnt aknowledged by the hotel. There was no flower petals or congratulations etc. When I spoke to the manager at the end of our trip he said he was "mortified" and offered to discount our last night by 50% which frankly was not enough. We should have been upgraded to an ocean view room and there should have been some sort of honeymoon treatment. The last night of our stay there were flower petals around the rooms floor and bed and we were discounted the last night 50%. He should have given us the last night free, so that really pissed me off.

Other than that, I would highly recommend the seven stars to people who are looking for a relaxing quiet hotel. If you are looking for more of a "happening" scene, than this spot is not for you. There is only one little poolside cafe and restaurant. The food was good, but everythingggggg is rediculously expensive. This is just how it is on the island. Its very expensive.

All in all we will be back to Tuks and I would consider staying at the seven stars and if I didnt it would only be because I wanted to try something new.

3 Thank nikkigza
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

Pros:
Rooms are beautiful and meticulously maintained (we stayed in a 1 bedroom grand salon with ocean views). Incredibly spacious with breaktaking views, modern decor and furnishings throughout. One of the best hotel rooms we have stayed in.

Location is very central. Walking distance to the grocery store. Very close to shopping at Ports of Call and Saltmills and Dive Provo is 50 feet from the hotel entrance making snorkeling and scuba excursions easy to plan.

Hotel shuttle will provide you free transportation to anywhere in Grace Bay, which is where the most popular hotels, restuarants, snorkeling, casino and spas seem to be. You can get away with not renting a car.

Cons:
Very little service. If you are looking for a hotel where the staff will pamper you, this is unfortunately not for you. If you need help with bookings, navigating, recommendations, etc. then the staff isn't that helpful. For example the hotel did not inform us that most of the island is closed on Sunday when we were renting our car (if had known we could have rented another day); the staff was also uneducated about nightlife and events at other venues which resulted in us missing out on a lot of things. If you are staying here, plan your own trip and don't rely on the concierge.

Hotel amenities are not great. Spa is sub-par (enclosed and small), pool area is not as well landscapted as other hotels. No open restaurant on the premises (there was one but it was always closed). Pool grill was very overpriced for the quality of the food.

No business center and the staff doesn't seem to be accustomed to business travelers requests. A fax was sent to me and i was never informed that it had arrived.

All in all, an incredibly nice place to stay. But not a "resort" in the typical sense from a service and amenities perspective (e.g., no room service). If you get a good deal i would stay here, but for the same price i would go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NYCTravs
WASHINGTON, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

With the best location on Grace Bay, and the clear blue Atlantic Ocean providing the warmest water, soft sand, and panoramic views in every direction, Seven Stars absolutely spoils its guests inside and out. The rooms are so well appointed, you'll want to remain in their comfort far longer than you should. And with God's hand having touched Grace Bay with a perfect balance of sand, sea, sun, shore, and sights, all was indeed perfect with my beautiful lady by my side, and tall, cool drinks for us both. This is one place you'll not want to miss - Provo is a real island...

Now, for the realities. Provo is expensive, so make a regular visit to the Saltmill cafe for breakfast and lunch at VERY reasonable prices. We split breakfast between two, and had plenty. Try their shrimp ceasar salad for lunch. Not bad even for $16. Dinner on Provo is expensive most places, but again, we save $$ by splitting most meals. Save yourself disappointment: Hemingways' is WAY over rated. Their crabcakes and BBQ ribs must come from the IGA and heated in a microwave. Great sunsets, but lousy food. Coco Bistro & Anacoana are the best to be had.

The island itself has no downtown in the sense of shops, restaurants, clubs, etc. There are a number of gift shops within walking distance of Seven Stars, as is the IGA grocery store. Stock up on your favorites, and save $$$. We enjoyed the resort, especially as it was low season,

Your best entertainment are in the resorts, maybe the one casino, minature golf and go karts on land. Water sports galore. Would return in a heartbeat.

2 Thank SPIKE83