“Been going to T&C for 20 years - this place is GREAT!”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
New York City, New York
“Been going to T&C for 20 years - this place is GREAT!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I started going to the Turks and Caicos Islands in 1993, and back then there was one hotel on Provo (funny enough situated where 7 stars is now) and not as many choices that people can find today. So far in the past 18 months I have stayed at 7 Stars twice, and each time was great - the front desk staff is wonderful (especially Tamika) and the drinks served by Kirkwood at the beach bar are some of the best on the island. Overall the entire staff is friendly and helpful - I would only say that one thing could use a little enhancement which is the Spa, in terms of its size, but the services are great. Also a major note, which is often overlooked in all of the islands, is that this resort hands down has the best security staff on Provo that I have seen, which is something most don't think about but is a great addition to a relaxing vacation.

-Ken Mitchell

Room Tip: Spend a little more for a beachfront room, its worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ken_Mitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We did our wedding at Seven Stars in June. What's not to like?
Hotel
Included with the stay was a break fast for 2 plus all the amenities the resort had to offer. Guests can take advantage of paddle boarding, canoeing, or take out a hobie cat (sailboat) by checking in with the equipment hut on the beach. The staff was friendly and always quick to help you launch the sailboat if you wanted to take it out.

We spent a few nights in the garden view and a few in the ocean view. The ocean view rooms are obviously fantastic but no complaints about the garden view either. The beach and pool are so nice, it's hard to imagine why you'd be spending enough time in the room to care.

Food wise, the 7 restaurant is quite expensive, but the deck is about the same cost for a burger ($15) that you'd pay anywhere else within walking distance. There are several bars within walking distance including a dive bar (maybe called Jimmy's?) about a block away North and Sandbar, a more trendy clubbish bar a couple blocks South. All of Seven Star's rooms have kitchens so we bought snacks and a few things to eat at the room to avoid eating to many $15 burgers.

Transportation
If you rent a car, there are plenty of parking spots at the base of each building as well as parking garages because so few people rent. We rented a car, and I highly recommend doing the same. The cost of a rental car through Avis is about $35 a day with taxes and fees. Taking a taxi from the airport is $16 so you may as well rent the car for at least your first day so you can go pick up some snacks and additional bottled water for your room.

Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChainGreyIV
San Ramon, California
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I just returned from Turks and Caicos and had a great experience there. The hotel is staff is friendly, polite and overall goes an extra mile to accommodate the guests. The accommodations are very comfortable, clean and well mantained. Definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank scharpa
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were in T&C for 7 nights, 4 of which we spent at Seven Stars.

Upon arrival, we were given rum punch and cold towels. Such a nice touch :) Everyone greeted us by name and were very friendly.

Our room wasn't ready, so they encouraged us to wander around the property or go grab food at the The Deck. We wandered around, and within minutes were greeted by Lila and two other employees. Lila never forgot our names after telling him that first day, and checked in on us constantly. What a gem he is! His positive energy was contagious and he clearly loves his job and the people he's around.

Our room was finally ready, and it was positively lovely. We stayed in a beachfront 1 BR. The view was pretty darn great. It was perfectly spotless. Our bags showed up within minutes of us getting there, of course, with a bellman with a giant welcoming smile.

The location just can't be beat. It's peaceful, safe, convenient to the few nearby restaurants. I'm a stickler for safety when I've travel (including to much less safe places like South Africa, Jamaica, and Thailand), and I didn't once feel remotely unsafe. There's security walking around everywhere. I put my engagement ring in the room safe, but more for convenience than concern.

As other people have mentioned, there's an adults-only quiet deck with lounge chairs with an insane view of the beach. We were in heaven reading on that deck. It's my happy place. We spent most of our time going back and forth from there to the ocean to The Deck for food. Lila (and others!) kept us well hydrated and fed :) You positively can't beat this view or how relaxing it was. We were looking to disconnect from work on this trip (we're two really busy professionals tied to our devices), but there was semi-decent WiFi to do some emails out there too. Don't do that though. Enjoy the view. ;)

My two complaints (one really small):
Small complaint: The prices. They're just insanely high. We've done some pretty extravagant trips (sidenote: go splurge and stay at Ladera or Jalousie in St. Lucia -- it's lifechangingly awesome!), but this didn't seem quite worth the price we spent on the trip as a whole.
Bigger complaint: I had a horrible massage (and it was expensive). My fiance, simultaneously, had 'one of the best massages he's ever had'. We love our massages. We both requested firm pressure and 80-minute deep tissue massages. Again, his was apparently amazing (the masseuse's name is escaping me -- it was a guy with light eyes and a french accent). Mine was miserably little pressure and lots of "sweeping motions". Meh. I also requested my legs not be massaged (long story), and she did anyway. Total bummer to spend $200 and not feel like I got anything for it, but again, my fiance loved his, so I'm canceling that out in my review :)

If I have friends or family or coworkers headed to T&C, I will most certainly highly recommend Seven Stars. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Splurge for beachfront rooms if you can! The views are magnificent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank coloradoamanda
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at Beaches twice and Seven Stars one time in the last six years. Both have great characteristics, but I will say the Seven Stars Resort provides exceptional service, food, and fun for the family. The staff was extremely friendly and genuinely showed interest in my families well being and service.

Room Tip: I would ensure you secure a sweet to provide ample room for the family and would push for a beach vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 201CaribbeanTraveler
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I went to Turks and Caicos in April for a week - our first long trip away from our child. We were nervous but had a great time. The resort was lovely - lush and luxurious, without being pretentious or unfriendly. The drinks were delicious (did someone say rum punch?), and the food was better than we expected, especially at the bar/restaurant by the beach. We loved being able to go paddle-boarding and bike-riding without being charged some activity fee, and the instructor was helpful. The rooms were nice and well-appointed and clean - seemed homey yet luxurious at the same time, but nothing over the top. We also enjoyed that some families brought their children and that it wasn't a problem. I didn't feel like the resort was overrun by children, but I also enjoyed watching them play. It's a great resort for families and couples trying to get away - tough to find a place so welcoming to both. It is also amazing to be so close in walking distance to almost everything you need - grocery store for some in-room food and drinks, shops, restaurants, etc. We can't wait to go back to Seven Stars next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mollyjane6
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our recent trip to TCI was awesome and part of what made it great was our stay at Seven Stars. I won't talk about the water because I'm sure you already know it's consistently voted one of the best beaches in the world. Info on the resort is what counts and here's brief rundown. The resort was fantastic and our room was steps from the ocean. The amenities were top notch and nicer (sad to admit) than what we have at our house. Beautiful kitchen, granite countertops, espresso maker, full and furnished patio, plenty of space...you get the point. The food was wonderful. Though we didn't get to dine at Seven (didn't know it was closed on Sunday) we ate at The Deck multiple times because the food was great and you can't beat the view of Grace Bay. On Sunday staff set up several televisions and we were able to watch the World Cup Final. A fun and unique experience for sure. The staff was friendly and helpful but a few stood out. Beatrice greeted us every morning at breakfast and was very welcoming. While out on the beach Lila was always around for a bite or cold beverage. And when we missed our shuttle for a sunset cruise Leo grabbed the keys to a resort vehicle and got us there even as the shuttle was pulling in. These extra touches made our visit that much more special. Otherwise we were within walking distance of restaurants (Danny Buoy's is a must), shopping, and a very nice grocery store for the daily necessities. If you want lux then Seven Stars is it. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Our room had a great kitchen but we didn't cook as much as we had planned.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple