“Flexible accommodation and a great location”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Wallingford
“Flexible accommodation and a great location”
Reviewed November 11, 2008

As a travel agent on site inspection I stayed at this property for three nights in Oct 2008.

The hotel is newly built and offers fantastic flexibility in the accommodation arrangements with options for 1, 2, 3 or even 4 bedroom apartments. All apartments are superbly fitted out and offer furnishings and facilities of a very high standard.

It was most definitely low season when we visited and I would like to see the hotel with higher occupancy but the outside space and facilities are superb. The main pool area seemed a fraction small but you have the one of the best, if not the best beach, in the world right on your doorstep so I don't think overcrowding would ever be a problem.

The gym is well kitted out and the spa, whilst small, offered a comprehensive menu of treatments and was of an excellent standard.

I believe the Seven Stars will most suit families, especially when the childrens club is up an running hopefully by Dec 08.

The food was excellent, we didn't fully appreciate a busy, buzzing atmosphere as the hotel was quiet but if the standard of food remains consistent there will be no issues there.

Overall I would highly recommend the Seven Stars, I hope it can find it's rightful place in the market as there are other fantastic hotels on Providenciales and the hotel needs to distinguish itself. It is a big bold statement on the beachfront and may not suit all markets but the standard of accommodation and finish is excellent.

• Liked — Flexibility of accommodation, location.
  • Disliked — External appearance is quite brash
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Fullcircletravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (825)
Delaware
Reviewed November 9, 2008

A beautiful new resort on spectacular Grace Bay. We stayed in a three bedroom first floor unit, which overlooked the pool and ocean. It was magnificent ( unit 1105) ! The staff could not have been nicer, the food was top tier and the whole experience was A plus. We have been to the Turks and Caicos many times and 7 Stars stands out! Great Island and great resort!

5 Thank yinnyDelaware
richmond, VA
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Okay! First off, I normally don't do this but felt compelled to share our experience. I want to also start out by saying the friends we met during our honeymoon made it even more exciting. Bruce and family from OK, Todd and Jenn from NJ, Dave and Tina from the Turks and Caicos (for now =)). Ricky, Tina, Lila, Asitha, Nishan, Deleno and our Concierge Anita, were all very great and accommodating to our every need. The Seven Stars Resort is the best on the island and that is not just my opinion. You can tell by walking the beach and viewing all the other resorts on the island. TRUST us - it's the best. The island itself is very expensive, but every island is really in some way from what you compare it to. Now here is the bottom line: We travel allot and we research every place we go. The fact the island is expensive is not bad... compared to other islands/countries - yes it's more expensive then others, but there are also places on earth that are even more expensive than the Turks and Caicos. So if you want a cheaper place to vacation, then find another place than the Turks and Caicos. Did i mentioned there were almost no kids. We saw two the whole week we were there. But if you decide to come here ... be prepared and don't complain. It is what it is at the Turks and Caicos. No matter where you go you can easily blink your eyes and spend $30-50 bucks. We decided not to spend the money we had and negotiated what was most important to us. IGA, a well known grocery store, has the cheapest convenience goods, including food, on the island. It's still double what you would pay here in the states at a local Wal-Mart but again, cheaper than the restaurants. (Prepare for it) The Seven Stars Resort has basically everything you need to live in one of their Condo-like rooms. My wife and I cooked very nice dinners for each other and saved $50-100 bucks a night for dinner and went to the spa instead. The $27 for two drinks at the Sand Dollar grill during happy hour was most filling for the buzz-a-thon experience lol. We also cut corners by bringing a liter if Vodka and buying duty free liquor on the island. Now I really can't type all the wonderful things about this island and more so the Seven Stars Resort; but even if it had not been our honeymoon, I would say the same things about this place. The resort caters, basically. There is always someone smiling, looking to do something for you. If you’re not used to that, this is a treat one must experience at least once in their life. We felt bad actually when we tried to do things for ourselves and the guys that provide services got in trouble.... They really work hard and I can't really say enough of how that added the perfect flair for Seven Stars. The rooms are cleaner then any room I have ever been in on vacation, maybe this is due to the place being only a few months new. We will add a few pictures for viewing because other pictures and our research led us to come here. If you decide to book a flight to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, we strongly suggest you book it at the Seven Stars Resort. Mark my words - you will have an experience of a lifetime....... until the next awesome resort you find in the world hahaha!

• Liked — The service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheTuckers804
Louisville, KY
Reviewed November 1, 2008

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Seven Stars and can not say enough about how nice they made our stay.
When we arrived late in the evening at the airport John was there waiting with the Luxury Navigator to take us to the resort. In the lobby of the resort we were greeted with delicous rum drinks and scented cold towls then escorted to our room.
The Garden View studio was a very nice room,with top notch ammenities such as top of the line microwave and stove, a soaking tub, and a huge shower that even had a window in it and a wonderful king size bed. The only thing it didn't have was a sofa, but that didn't matter much to us. It did join another unit and we could hear the neighbor very clearly through the door. He didn't seem to be there much so it was not a problem.
The staff went out of their way to greet you by name everytime you saw any of them. Anita and Judnel were the concierge staff and they helped us with everything from dinner reservations to putting togather group fishing trips though Silver Deep. If we needed a ride to a restaurant they would have a ride waiting. They even set up a ride to the airport at 6am, before the lobby was open.
The pool men always gave us towles before we could get to a chair, and they brought us sorbet and served us drinks even if we were laying out on the beach. Since there were not many guests, I felt like we had our own private resort at times.
Just from walking up and down the beach the Seven Stars seemed like the nicest and most well kept resort besides the Grace Bay Club. Although the Seven Stars is new, it seems more established becasue there are no construction projects going on like there are at several of the other resorts. The location of Seven Stars is also with in close walking disctance of many restaurants and shops.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KYLucky
Dallas
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We stayed at Seven Stars in a one bedroom suite grand salon for 7 nights for our honeymoon, starting on September 19th. We were originally scheduled to stay the the Regent Palms and re-booked. I am so glad we did since Seven Stars appeared newer and (frankly) more luxurious. I do not have much new to offer to what has already been said, so I will try not to repeat what other reviewer have said -- rooms were very nice (exactly as pictured online) and brand new. The water was the most beautiful I have ever seen -- unbelievable and the perfect shade of aqua. The sand had very little debris from Ike (just a few pieces of grass here and there) and I hear it is normally 100% perfect. I thought Seven Stars had one of the nicest beaches on Grace Bay. Club Med was the only place that may have had a slightly nicer beach, but that was not even a resort we considered.

Even though it was hurricance season, I loved being there at this time. It rained maybe twice for 15 minutes each and the place was practically empty! I will always go in off season when we head back. If I wanted to be really picky, I would have liked it if they had come by when we were at the pool to ask us if we wanted a drink more often. In 7 days, we were only asked 2 times. That may be the price you pay though for being there during the quiet time. In fact, people mentioned sorbet and evian sprays at the pool.... we only witnessed that twice in the time we were there. Not sure how that all worked, but obviously this is so minor that it certainly did not affect our impression of the resort.....

As far as restaurants, we LOVED Coco Bistro. We also really liked Bella Luna and Calico Jack's (which you could walk to). Our favorite place for breakfast or lunch was the Salt Mills Cafe. Super close, reasonable, and a huge menu. Contrary to what other people have said, we were not fans of Mango Reef. Both of us thought our fish was overcooked, but the atmosphere was very nice. We grabbed a quick bite at Jimmy's Dive Bar after we flew in and the food was good, but they overcharged us quite a bit (and I am taking into acct. the government tax and the gratuity that was added -- which I expected). The woman gave us a blank stare when we pointed it out. I also thought it was a little odd that they put their sandwiches on bagels, but that is not a huge deal. Not worth going back for us though ... especially since we liked so many other places.

We went snorkeling and had a wonderful time. They took us to Iguana Island and that was beautiful. We would have preferred skipping the part with the conch dive, but others may love that. It was fun to get out and about for a bit....

Our only true hiccup the entire trip was our checkout. I am not going to take that too seriously since it is a new resort and it was a pretty small inconvenience in light of that. I want to be gracious and give them time to get into a routine afterall. Our issue is that we had an early flight out and nobody was there to check us out. Everything turned out fine though... In fact, the people working at the resort were the nicest I have ever met. We loved everyone we met!

We will definitely go back. It was such a beautiful place and I am so happy that is where we went. It was by far the most beautiful beach I have ever been to and that is what we were looking for!

• Liked — Beautiful beach, pool, spacious and brand new rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liebchen
Fairmont
Reviewed September 26, 2008

This place is like Heaven on Earth. We stayed at the Sands last year because it got high reviews on tripadvisor and we were very disappointed when we got there. After walking by the Seven Stars Resort while it was being built last year we said when we return to Grace Bay we are going to stay there so this year that is were we came. I can't began to say how unbeliveable this place is but all I can say is you won't go wrong by staying here and you will love it. My husband and I travel all over and this is by far the nicest place we have stayed. The restaurant is great and the staff is so nice. I can go on and on about this place because I love it so much and we will be returning next year.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mclelland
An Englishman in NY
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Just returned from an eight night stay at the Seven Stars. We were a bit hesistant post Ike but glad that we stuck with our plans and visited during a very quiet week.

We received a great rate through Travelocity which got us a garden view studio. Beautiful room with huge bathroom and small, modern kitchenette. The only downside was that it was an adjoing room to a larger suite and due to a large gap under the door and the hard floor surfaces meant that you could hear everything from next door, tv , kitchen noise.....sure they could hear us too.

We asked for a room change but just got offered additional adjoining rooms (one that also had a guest next door and one that had just been treated for mosquitoes so the smell was nauseating) which considering the resort was running about 90% empty and we didnt cancel after the hurricane struck me as poor PR from the hotel. So we placed towels along the gap in the door and fortunately the noise abated a bit.

The staff at this resort are professional and extremely friendly. The provision of courtesy rides to other restaurants was a nice touch. We shared the pool and the beach with just a handful of guests so getting loungers etc was no issue. However if all three building of this resort were full I am sure there would be chair saving galore going on.

We did not use the restaurant La Pergola as it just appeared empty and soulless but the menu looked interesting and I am sure the room comes alive in season. The pool side Sand dollar was ok for a couple of lunches (about $80-$90 for 2 with a drink each) but we preferred the walk up the beach to Hemingways most days.

The beach now has a 2 or 3 feet drop off just below the beach chairs but the place it still beautiful and as the week went on other resorts continued there clear up.......a fantastic beach for walking, swimming and snorkeling.

This resort is beautiful in the rooms and in the grounds when you are there. My only bugbear is that from outside the resort it is a carbuncle on the beautiful Grace Bay. The architecture is not sympathetic in keeping with the environs and the height of the buildings and turquoise/aqua rooftops make it look as though it has been ripped from the coast of Cancun and dropped on Grace Bay. I can see why that those that have been going to TCI for years might feel aggrieved by this resortsd presence. Likewise the entrance resembles one of those gargantuan all inclusives on the Riviera Maya..........seems out of place IMO.

At this time of year many restaurants were closed but we had decent meals at Iguana, Sharkbite, Calico Jacks and the Sushi Place. We will definitely return to Grace Bay but would probably try another resort next visit.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple