WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Seven Stars Resort & Spa

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Providenciales
Boulder, Colorado
“Amazing stay! (sans one massage)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were in T&C for 7 nights, 4 of which we spent at Seven Stars.

Upon arrival, we were given rum punch and cold towels. Such a nice touch :) Everyone greeted us by name and were very friendly.

Our room wasn't ready, so they encouraged us to wander around the property or go grab food at the The Deck. We wandered around, and within minutes were greeted by Lila and two other employees. Lila never forgot our names after telling him that first day, and checked in on us constantly. What a gem he is! His positive energy was contagious and he clearly loves his job and the people he's around.

Our room was finally ready, and it was positively lovely. We stayed in a beachfront 1 BR. The view was pretty darn great. It was perfectly spotless. Our bags showed up within minutes of us getting there, of course, with a bellman with a giant welcoming smile.

The location just can't be beat. It's peaceful, safe, convenient to the few nearby restaurants. I'm a stickler for safety when I've travel (including to much less safe places like South Africa, Jamaica, and Thailand), and I didn't once feel remotely unsafe. There's security walking around everywhere. I put my engagement ring in the room safe, but more for convenience than concern.

As other people have mentioned, there's an adults-only quiet deck with lounge chairs with an insane view of the beach. We were in heaven reading on that deck. It's my happy place. We spent most of our time going back and forth from there to the ocean to The Deck for food. Lila (and others!) kept us well hydrated and fed :) You positively can't beat this view or how relaxing it was. We were looking to disconnect from work on this trip (we're two really busy professionals tied to our devices), but there was semi-decent WiFi to do some emails out there too. Don't do that though. Enjoy the view. ;)

My two complaints (one really small):
Small complaint: The prices. They're just insanely high. We've done some pretty extravagant trips (sidenote: go splurge and stay at Ladera or Jalousie in St. Lucia -- it's lifechangingly awesome!), but this didn't seem quite worth the price we spent on the trip as a whole.
Bigger complaint: I had a horrible massage (and it was expensive). My fiance, simultaneously, had 'one of the best massages he's ever had'. We love our massages. We both requested firm pressure and 80-minute deep tissue massages. Again, his was apparently amazing (the masseuse's name is escaping me -- it was a guy with light eyes and a french accent). Mine was miserably little pressure and lots of "sweeping motions". Meh. I also requested my legs not be massaged (long story), and she did anyway. Total bummer to spend $200 and not feel like I got anything for it, but again, my fiance loved his, so I'm canceling that out in my review :)

If I have friends or family or coworkers headed to T&C, I will most certainly highly recommend Seven Stars. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Splurge for beachfront rooms if you can! The views are magnificent.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
4 Thank coloradoamanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at Beaches twice and Seven Stars one time in the last six years. Both have great characteristics, but I will say the Seven Stars Resort provides exceptional service, food, and fun for the family. The staff was extremely friendly and genuinely showed interest in my families well being and service.

Room Tip: I would ensure you secure a sweet to provide ample room for the family and would push for a beach vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
2 Thank 201CaribbeanTraveler
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I went to Turks and Caicos in April for a week - our first long trip away from our child. We were nervous but had a great time. The resort was lovely - lush and luxurious, without being pretentious or unfriendly. The drinks were delicious (did someone say rum punch?), and the food was better than we expected, especially at the bar/restaurant by the beach. We loved being able to go paddle-boarding and bike-riding without being charged some activity fee, and the instructor was helpful. The rooms were nice and well-appointed and clean - seemed homey yet luxurious at the same time, but nothing over the top. We also enjoyed that some families brought their children and that it wasn't a problem. I didn't feel like the resort was overrun by children, but I also enjoyed watching them play. It's a great resort for families and couples trying to get away - tough to find a place so welcoming to both. It is also amazing to be so close in walking distance to almost everything you need - grocery store for some in-room food and drinks, shops, restaurants, etc. We can't wait to go back to Seven Stars next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank mollyjane6
Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our recent trip to TCI was awesome and part of what made it great was our stay at Seven Stars. I won't talk about the water because I'm sure you already know it's consistently voted one of the best beaches in the world. Info on the resort is what counts and here's brief rundown. The resort was fantastic and our room was steps from the ocean. The amenities were top notch and nicer (sad to admit) than what we have at our house. Beautiful kitchen, granite countertops, espresso maker, full and furnished patio, plenty of space...you get the point. The food was wonderful. Though we didn't get to dine at Seven (didn't know it was closed on Sunday) we ate at The Deck multiple times because the food was great and you can't beat the view of Grace Bay. On Sunday staff set up several televisions and we were able to watch the World Cup Final. A fun and unique experience for sure. The staff was friendly and helpful but a few stood out. Beatrice greeted us every morning at breakfast and was very welcoming. While out on the beach Lila was always around for a bite or cold beverage. And when we missed our shuttle for a sunset cruise Leo grabbed the keys to a resort vehicle and got us there even as the shuttle was pulling in. These extra touches made our visit that much more special. Otherwise we were within walking distance of restaurants (Danny Buoy's is a must), shopping, and a very nice grocery store for the daily necessities. If you want lux then Seven Stars is it. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Our room had a great kitchen but we didn't cook as much as we had planned.
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank kroges
Chevy Chase, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I have spent a total of two weeks at Seven Stars, on two separate occasions. Will start out by saying that the location cannot be beat. The stretch of Grace Bay Beach is one of the most beautiful I've ever been to. Would be hard to top, to be honest. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and the large grocery store. Calm, clear, BLUE(!!!) water that you want to stay in literally all day long. The sand is soft and white. The resort itself feels new and the rooms are spacious with modern amenities. The oceanfront views cannot be beat. Depending on the package you purchase, the breakfast may or may not be included but the buffet itself is served in a small area that is not quite adequate for the amount of guests that can be present at any given time. The food that's supposed to be cold isn't ever quite cold enough...ie cheese, yogurt, fruit, milk etc. The border on being room temperature which isn't appetizing. They basically serve the same thing every day (scrambled eggs, pastries, a breakfast meat, cereal etc) with the exception of one additional special dish each day. By the 7th day, we were quite bored of the lineup. The servers at the restaurant are, for the most part, extremely friendly. One even recognized us from a previous stay which was appreciated. The front desk service is lacking. They don't seem genuinely happy to have you there nor does anyone else on the resort. The first time we stayed at Seven Stars, I got the same vibe but didn't write a review because I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt especially since the beach is SO incredible and the lackluster service didn't exactly ruin our time. But the second stay, when it was the same, I got extremely aggravated that the expensive prices didn't come with top-notch service. An example: the concierge situation is lacking. They answered the phone less than half of the time and didn't follow-up on requests as promised. It was my birthday and we requested reservations at a specific restaurant about 4 days in advance. Now granted, reservations at this spot are difficult but it didn't seem like the concierge was going the extra mile whatsoever to get us in. He told us after a few days of stringing us along that it wasn't possible. We called the restaurant ourselves and ended up getting a reservation. If we could do it ourselves, I would hope that the concierge of a supposed top-notch resort would be able to pull the same strings on our behalf and make it a relaxing evening. Another example: Upon checkout, we called for a private cab to go to the airport. Ordinarily, they would put you in a van with other guests but we didn't want to share transportation back to the airport in the event other guests were running late so we specifically requested our own car and were, of course, willing to pay. My husband called twice to confirm the reservation of the car and we were assured it would be there. We called for assistance with luggage and waited and waited and waited. Finally we headed to the front desk ourselves and a bellman who happened to see us came over to assist (only when we asked for help). When we got to the front desk, there was NO car waiting and they tried to put us in a van to wait for others. The bellman told us to hold on and that he would check with the front desk about our car reservation for us. Instead of doing so, he completely disappeared and left us standing there with the clock ticking and no car. At this point, we were going to be in danger of missing our flight. He never did speak with anyone at the front desk. When you're paying thousand of dollars to stay at a top-notch resort, its usually accompanied by excellent service and this just doesn't seem to occur here and if it does, it's spotty and not the norm. After two separate trips, we've fallen in love with T&C but will very likely stay elsewhere. Sad because this resort has a LOT of potential, staff just not up to par.

Room Tip: Oceanfront worth it
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank mskutch
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent post on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to us so we can continually deliver the service Seven Stars Resort is renowned for and exceed our guest’s expectations on future visits.
I am delighted that your overall experience at Seven Stars Resort was an enjoyable one but disappointed to read from your review that the service levels which you received at the Front Desk and Concierge was not in keeping with our standards. We pride ourselves in offering personalized service excellence throughout our resort, building new and nurturing existing guest relationships.
We strive to continually improve our breakfast offerings, in terms of product and service delivery and I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Director.
Your comments are helpful to us and are taken very seriously to ensure no re occurrence for our future guests. I look forward to restoring your faith in Seven Stars and welcoming you back to our Resort.

Yours Respectfully

Bela Govindjee
Resort Manager
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This resort has it all- great location, amazing views, friendly service and beautiful accommodations. It's within walking distance to the grocery store, and there are so many great restaurants on the resort as well as just a short walk down the beach. All of the staff is friendly and eager to please. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. There is a very nice fitness facility. All water sports are easily accessible. Highly recommended!

Rooms
1 Thank shanspenc
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

From the moment we were greeted with rum punch and a cool cloth to help beat the heat I was impressed. We were escorted to our room and had total ease of check in. The suite is exactly as shown on the web site. The staff go above and beyond to ensure your stay is perfect. I was even able to request to have our room cleaned at a specified time. At the breakfast buffet we were greeted every morning by Evette and it was always a pleasure to see her. The pool is nice and warm but we are ocean people and it is literally steps away. Umbrellas are set up with nice padded loungers that aren't broken. You are served drinks on the beach but it is pricey. There are paddle boards and flotation chairs for your enjoyment. All in all I only had one complaint about this resort. The menu is limited and very expensive but that seems to be all over the island. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would return here without a question. The beach is amazing!!!

Room Tip: We liked the building right behind the restaurant. We stayed in 3207 and had a great view of the poo...
      Rooms