Usually the more I visit a resort the more flaws I discover. I think at Seven Stars the resort gets better with age. This was our 3rd visit in 3 years and our best trip to date. They make constant minor improvements that add to the experience. Plus they seem to take feedback to heart.
First off let me say that almost all comments about Seven Stars on Trip Advisor are accurate in my opinion - both good and bad. Turks and Caicos is an expensive island - therefore everything is expensive...taxi cabs, food, excursions, rooms, etc. You should come to T&C with the expectation that you will spend. And you should remember that just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean things will be perfect. More money does not get you better food....just food that has to be imported. More money does not get you the most fabulous condo in the world....just one on a beautiful island with limited oceanfront space. Seven Stars will be gorgeous and memorable...but you are on an expensive Caribbean island so everything will cost a premium, service will be slower, staff will be cordial but not overly friendly. With that said, if you have money to spend and you want to visit Provo, I think Seven Stars is a fantastic choice.
Here is what I like:
Upon arrival we were greeted with a tray of fruit and a note welcoming us back, a small gesture they started the trip on a positive tone.
I asked Yngrit from reservations for a particular room location prior to arrival and she made it happen.
I contacted the concierge 2 weeks prior to arrival and asked for them to make some dinner and excursion reservations. They made those reservations with immediate emails back and forth and a professional itinerary. Demond & Claudine have both helped me in the past and they were excellent in handling my requests. Now, I'm can not attest to their ability to make good recommendations since I've always done my own research.
The breakfast has been improved with each visit. They have added a few extra toasters and some food selections that vary from day to day. We like that some days there were pancakes, waffles, fried eggs, quiche, etc in addition to the regular choices. This free breakfast is just as good or better than any free breakfast you would receive at a hotel in America or Europe. Anyone who complains should just pay up and order off the menu or make their own food. Eating anywhere for 7 days is repetitive no matter how many choices they have.
They got new beach/pool towels.
Love the small sand chairs now at the beach. Great for those who want to sit by the surf.
Housekeeping came within 15 minutes to bring us new pillows on day one of our trip. Also, when our shower handle broke, maintenance was there within 5 minutes to fix the problem. Granted, the water would not stop running so it was in their best interest to arrive quickly but we have noticed this quick response on a past visit as well.
Easy to take out kayaks or paddle boards, just sign a waiver the first day and you are good to use the equipment for the rest of your stay. The staff was willing to answer any of our questions and there was never a wait for equipment, plenty to choose from. Note, if the water is rough the water sports are closed...there may not be any explanation for this but all the resorts work the same way.
Gym was decent for a hotel and adequate for the size of property. Resort offers classes two days on the adult deck during the week.
What we don't like:
Dinner portions at Seven are small. Food is good and I keep coming back but each time I have for remind myself that it's about the taste and experience, not quantity. If you like to leave filled, do not eat dinner at Seven.
The milk at Seven for breakfast is warm. I had to fight my girls each day to drink the milk and only on the last day did they explain to us that it was warm. I gave it a try and yes, it was warm. I would not drink milk that warm either. They need to keep the milk they serve refrigerated.
If you arrive on a busy day and your room is not ready (ours was ready) the front desk will recommend you eat at the Deck for lunch. I find this just a sad way to torture new arrivals....make them stare at the ocean while receiving slow service. All you want to do is jump in. Ship lunch and frustration.....make your beach attire readily accessible and change in the rest room. Enjoy paradise while you have it.
We took a half day snorkel trip on Lady Tamara (Seven Stars private boat). Trip was safe, professional, clean. My only wish would be the Capt and his First Mate would talk a little more and provide details about the islands. I wanted more of a tour guide but only got info when I asked pointed question.
Read my other reviews of this resort if you want further details and tips to save money in Provo. Remember, if you expect perfection....you will be disappointed. If you are planning on a relaxing, quiet, upscale trip, I believe you will have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchoring the sweeping arc of the world-famous Grace Bay Beach in the Turks & Caicos Islands, Seven Stars Resort blends island hospitality with luxurious all-suite accommodations and world-class amenities. Expansive accommodations range from junior to five-bedroom suites and feature high-end furnishings and finishes, full kitchens or kitchenettes, wrap-around balconies and over-sized marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, terry bathrobes and L’Occitane amenities. Island-inspired cuisine is served in three dining venues. Ideal for couples and families, the oceanfront palm-lined resort features a pool terrace with cabanas, tennis, complimentary water-sports, kids program, spa, fitness center, and nearby championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Seven Stars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Stars Hotel Providenciales
- 7 Stars Resort
- Seven Stars Providenciales
- Seven Stars Resort & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales