We stayed at Seven Stars mid November for 3 nights after spending 4 nights at Beaches.
When we arrived our room was ready and surprise we were upgraded from a Premier Ocean Front room to a 2 bedroom ocean front room! Since we were traveling with our two small kids the extra bedroom made for a much more comfortable stay.
Our room was beautiful and definitely gets 5 stars from me, especially with the most amazing balcony with perfect view of the pool and ocean. However, this "resort" seems more like a beach condo on the beach. There was a kids club which no one used and really was not attractive to my kids and a smallish (but newer looking) play ground with no swings for my kids. The pool had a few shallow steps which were really the only part of the pool my kids could play in.
The service we received there was not great. Day 2 of our stay we called housekeeping at 10:30am and asked if they could please make up our room while we were out. When we returned to our room at 2:30pm it was the kid's nap time and housekeeping had JUST started cleaning our room and claimed it was a busy morning. They hurried through the cleaning and left 15 minutes later and the room did not look like it would if we had stayed at a Hilton or Marriott property. The same was true throughout our stay with housekeeping.
The concierge/tour desk seems to have an exclusive contract with some tour company there or something because I called and asked about doing a glass bottom boat on a Saturday and was told it didn't operate on a Saturday. Then I emailed another company in Providenciales and was told they offered Saturdays and half day snorkel/Iguana Island tour twice daily. The concierge did not go above and beyond to help us find tours suitable for our family or even offer any suggestions about where to eat or where to shop or parts of the island to visit, etc. It was like pulling teeth to get any sort of answer from them. A couple of times I called the concierge and got the voicemail box which was full too. That was a bit annoying...
At breakfast at Seven there was a good variety of food with eggs, bacon, Danishes, toast, cereal, yogurt, cheese, etc. The food was ok...it was a little better than the stuff they serve for breakfast at Beaches, but there really wasn't much variety and it started tasting the same after the third day. Our last day there, Sunday, the waitresses at breakfast were horrible! We asked for a high chair 3 times to finally get one. We only were given 1 water between 4 of us even though we asked for straws and water for everyone. When we asked for a morning newsletter the waitress couldn't be bothered to get us one and told me I should pick one up on our way out at the hostess desk. Sunday AM's breakfast was disappointing too with milk leaking from milk dispenser and not cleaned up the entire time we were in the restaurant, these soggy cold waffles were in the serving dish and were depressing looking...oh and every day it was guess which pastry is fresh. Some pastries was hard and stale and some were fresh and edible.
We also ate dinner at Seven the night before and while the service was great the food was awful and it too was barely edible! We didn't complain though because we felt bad complaining to our server who was interacting with our kids and had been so nice to us...
All in all the resort itself is breath taking but next time will prob try out Grace Bay Club with the kids...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchoring the sweeping arc of the world-famous Grace Bay Beach in the Turks & Caicos Islands, Seven Stars Resort blends island hospitality with luxurious all-suite accommodations and world-class amenities. Expansive accommodations range from junior to five-bedroom suites and feature high-end furnishings and finishes, full kitchens or kitchenettes, wrap-around balconies and over-sized marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, terry bathrobes and L’Occitane amenities. Island-inspired cuisine is served in three dining venues. Ideal for couples and families, the oceanfront palm-lined resort features a pool terrace with cabanas, tennis, complimentary water-sports, kids program, spa, fitness center, and nearby championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Seven Stars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Stars Hotel Providenciales
- 7 Stars Resort
- Seven Stars Providenciales
- Seven Stars Resort & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales