“Simply Amazing - Couldn't ask for anything more!!!!”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I traveled to Seven Stars for a 5 night stay in mid-October. I was looking for a quiet escape to the beach to unplug after a difficult summer. I have been to Provo many times before but this was my first time at Seven Stars and will certainly not be my last. In fact, this is where I plan to stay when I return. From arrival to departure, everything was outstanding. In fact, I knew I was in store for a great experience before I even arrived. I booked directly through the resort and spoke with Yngrit. She was fantastic. Not only was she helpful in selecting my accomodations, but we corresponded several times before my arrival and she was always very helpful. I had requested a room with a nice view of the ocean and what I got was jaw dropping. I was given an upgrade to an oceanfront suite that was too beautiful for words. Although it was low season and the resort was fairly empty, I reaize that they did not have to do this. It was so greatly appreciated, particularly because I spent more time in the suite than expected due to rain. The weather forecast did call for rain each day and although it certainly did rain, I also had some beatiful sunshine as well. Housekeeping was always friendly, considerate and kept the suite spotless. The staff at breakfast were always terrific as well. The breakfast (which is included) is terrific. Whether you are looking for a low calorie option or want to splurge on a big breakfast, you have the option. They offer everything from bagels, croissants, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles/pancakes, fresh fruit, cereal, granola, cheese and more! Coffee and juice was at my table within minutes. The beach is breathtaking. Grace Bay in general is. I have stayed at other resorts in the past and walked the entire beach while there, and Seven Stars is in a prime spot. The beach chairs at Seven Stars also look much nicer than most other resorts. The resort is also located one block away from the grocery store and most of the shopping. You cannot ask to be in a better location. Claudette at the concierge and Leo were fantastic as well. Claudette always gave me excellent recommendations and really looked out for me. Leo was very helpful in trying to accomodate my snorkel trip. The spa treatments were wonderful too. I had two incredible massages from Edwina and I highly recommend. Overall, I cannot say enough about Seven Stars and the great people that made my staff so enjoyable. Thank you and I will be back very soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Leigh C
There are newer reviews for Seven Stars Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Highs:
The 1BR Deluxe Ocean Front Room we had was absolutely huge, beautifully furnished and extremely comfortable. The lanai and outdoor furnishings couldn't have been any nicer. The remote control window blinds were great. We loved everything about the room!

The location on Grace Bay was perfect as was the beach, the free watersports and Lila one of the beach attendants. Lila is a super employee, he goes above and beyond for his guests. He is so personable, he treated us like long lost friends that he was so happy to see each day, rather than guests at a resort. Seven Stars is very lucky to have him.

Lows:
Our Deluxe Ocean Front Room was hardly what I would consider "Ocean Front". It was on the far left corner of the 2nd Floor Alya Building. Much of the view was obstructed by Palm trees. This could have been considered a good thing, because the property next door was an abandoned building with very overgrown trees and weeds. I was told by the front desk there were no other rooms available, yet it appeared that half the resort was empty. I guess I should have pressed the issue.

The bath towels were the roughest towels I have ever used. They had the texture of sandpaper. I can't even imagine getting a sunburn and having to use one.

The twice a day room service is great in theory, but we only managed to get turn down service once as they came around at 5 or so when we were getting ready for dinner and never returned later.

I guess due to the price and most of the other reviews we were expecting a Four Seasons type of experience, this was not it. But, all in all the resort was very nice as were the people of TCI.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gina T
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just returned from TCI and have to write a review of this hotel. It's difficult to find fault with anything. The rooms are great, clean comfortable and spacious. The facility's, from the Spa, to the pool, to the beach are exactly what you'd expect for a resort with this rating. The food from breakfast to lunch to dinner (in Seven) was fantastic, expensive, but fantastic! The location is also ideal, your in the middle of everything and within walking distance as well. The one thing that really made the holiday for us was the staff, it's very clear that it's a "happy ship" at Seven Stars, everyone we met, without exception, had a great attitude to customer service and satisfaction, I couldn't fault the service at any level, the whole place is relaxed and friendly. If your going to stay on Grace Beach, stay here, a gem!

One good thing to do..... have an early dinner at Mango Reef, walk along the beach at sunset, you can walk straight into the restaurant from the beach. Have some Lobster on the decking and walk back with the moon and stars (about 20 mins stroll)

Room Tip: Get a high floor sea view room and you can't go wrong
1  Thank Treakleboy
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we landed at 9pm,(5 1/2 hrs late due to airline) a representative from the hotel was waiting for us to greet us and put us in a taxi to the hotel.(transfers at our expense).We were surprised and pleased to see someone there so late! We arrived at the hotel within 10 minutes. There, we were greeted with an island drink, cold face towels and the bellman to take us on a golf cart to our room. We stayed on the second floor(oceanfront jr suite) of a four story oceanfront elevator building overlooking the pool. If you want a better view, go to 3rd flr or above. Palm trees block some view of the water. Balcony furnished with chairs,chaise and table! Usually for me the luggage is left outside the room, while I inspect the cleanliness of bed and bath. I was speechless when the door opened to a gorgeous and immaculate suite.(Thank you to our housekeepers,Desreen and Imran!) Huge travertine tiled bathroom with double sinks,separate w/c,bath and shower. A drawer full of toiletries and hair dryer. Next the kitchenette had top of the line appliances,all-clad pots/pans,knives,cutlery,roomy fridge, stemware, and expresso/coffee maker. As the island food is expensive( like Hawaii), we used the fridge for snacks(cheese,crackers,etc) and drinks/alcohol we bought from the grocery store just outside the hotel entrance about 1/2 block.The beds, pillows and especially the linens were fabulous. Softest sheets I've ever slept on and great towels! Blackout curtains came in handy as we slept in! Free wi-fi on resort, so I did keep up with email and internet sites on my smartphone.
The pool is saltwater and they have showers poolside and at the beach. They bring you dixie cup size fruity slushies when you arrive poolside.The beachfront is the nicest at Seven Stars, as we walked the whole shoreline. Don't miss the private adult area on the deck with cabanas and super padded chaise lounges. Turquoise clear water and powder sand. Bring crackers into the water with you to feed the angel fish! AMAZING!!! Sail boards and boats, along with plenty of chartered activity you can do. See the concierge for some great snorkel/exploration day trips,etc.
In the am, we had a full American breakfast buffet(included in room rate) at SEVEN restaurant, complete w/ eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, bagels,cereals,etc.You can't go hungry.Thank you to Desmond and Eronne for a wonderful start to our day.
Dinner at SEVEN was formal (dressy casual) with great food. However, we did not find the evening manager,John as sincere or welcoming as the other staff.He acted very exclusive when it came to seating and tables.Although seating was plentiful,(reservations aside) he made you wait. He told us they (whoever"they" are!)"frowned" on eating at the bar( Not true at all!! They have a full bar menu, along with dinner menu for dining at the bar!!) Don't let him chase you away. The food was very fresh and flavorful. And we found we much preferred to dine at the bar with Nicolo, the bartender,who was very pleasant and engaging.(Did I mention handsome and the italian accent??)
They have a beachside restaurant called"The Deck". Ate salads,chix sandwiches for lunch and Mango snapper for dinner. Delicious and the Manager ANGELO is wonderful! :) Rare to find someone committed to excellence. So is the new lady manager who shares duties with him.(Sorry I forgot her name) and their assistant mgr, Norwyn. All made sure we were taken care of 110%. Service was sometimes spotty,unless managers were there, as the kitchen is at the poolside restaurant (also delicious) and sometimes it's slow to get your food due to the distance. If Williamson Rene or Steven Michel wait on you, you won't be disappointed.
Automatic 15% gratuity included in your bill at restaurants at the resort and on most of the island, so that makes it easy. You may leave extra if you wish or tip out when you leave the resort. Wages are low and costs are also high for the islanders.
If you have kids, cheaper to make them some mac n cheese or sandwiches in the room, than paying for dinner for them. The food is more gourmet than to a kids taste (other than breakfast), so they can have dessert with you.They do have a kids menu. I had a hot dog&fries off of the kids menu and it was good. Not really a kid's resort like Beaches, but they have a kids playground and staff to assist with childcare.
Also, not the resort for nightlife/noise. We were happy about that. Other resorts are nearby(like Sandals) to travel to for dancing and partying,etc. We enjoyed wine and great conversation with new found friends at the Deck bar while watching the moonlit ocean and beach. That's exactly what we wanted.
Lastly, the spa was a pleasant trip. I got a great sports massage by Yna. Perfect! My disappointment was they did not have haircare. You get island hair in an instant from the humidity,sun and water,so I would have loved to get shampoo/deep condition/blow dry. Especially for the day we left. They have nail techs,but nada for the hair. I was surprised.
Really it was the best vacay ever and met some other couples we expect to always be in touch!

Room Tip: Higher than 2nd for ocean view, buidlings are in a circle around pool, so you may want to be closer...
2  Thank HappyCouple757
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I wanted a vacation at a beautiful beach. While we quickly realized from photos we saw that Grace Bay was the beach we wanted, we weren't sure about the hotel. After a lot of research via Trip Advisor and other sources, we decided on Seven Stars. It was an outstanding experience from start to finish! The resort was beautiful and the property was extremely well cared for. We selected the ocean front Junior suite and it was excellent, with many high end finishes and touches to go with a fantastic view. The staff was cordial and very efficient. We enjoyed the included breakfast each morning, with a choice of eating outside or inside. The service by the pool and on the beach was really good, and we enjoyed eating at The Deck several times. Yes, the prices at The Deck were outrageous, but the location right on the beach was great and all the food and beverages we had were very good.

Seven Stars is located toward the east end of Grace Bay, and we really enjoyed the fact that the resorts there were spaced further apart than those further to the west. While I am not an expert on beaches, I would say that while there may be some that are as beautiful as this elsewhere in the world, I can't imagine there are any more beautiful. Our goal was to spend a great deal of time on the beach and we walked long distances each way from Seven Stars. The views were gorgeous and the water was absolutely crystal clear. Our first three days, it was as if we were by a lake--the water was so smooth and clear, and such beautiful shades of blue and turquoise as you looked off shore. We didn't rent a car and didn't take any side trips, so we can't speak to that, but there are several good restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The grocery store nearby is also well stocked. We bought beverages, cheese and crackers there and, combined with the fresh apples from the breakfast, they provided several inexpensive (relatively speaking) snack lunches that we enjoyed on the deck off our room.

The off-season promotion on the web site included a $100 resort credit for the time we were going to be there, but the travel agent who booked our trip somehow did not show this on our itinerary/folio. Prior to our departure I inquired about this and Yngrit responded immediately by e-mail that the credit would be added to our portfolio, and it was. We also asked for a room above the third floor for the best ocean view, and she was able to accommodate us perfectly.

The resort was probably 25-30% occupied during our stay, so it was very quiet. A couple of days, I counted the number of people on the beach during early afternoon, and it was never more than 25. So, it was just perfect for us. We have every intention of returning to Provo and the Seven Stars at the earliest opportunity!

3  Thank J B
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our stay here was amazing, the staff were great the food was great and the location of the resort along with all the activities as close as leaving your room made this a stay to remember.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a very well managed hotel, staff are excellent and the property immaculate. The beach front bar and restaurant is great with tiki torches at night, relaxed and informal. The fine dining restaurant, Seven, was very good, lacked atmosphere but the food was delicious. Our room, an ocean front studio was spacious and well equipped with great views. The only negative is that you don't get a feel you are in the Caribbean, the hotel is large and very generic, you need to get out and explore the island to get a Caribbean experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms seem to be in the middle building so further back from beach. Ocean front rooms are...
1  Thank Liz M