My husband and I went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we landed at 9pm,(5 1/2 hrs late due to airline) a representative from the hotel was waiting for us to greet us and put us in a taxi to the hotel.(transfers at our expense).We were surprised and pleased to see someone there so late! We arrived at the hotel within 10 minutes. There, we were greeted with an island drink, cold face towels and the bellman to take us on a golf cart to our room. We stayed on the second floor(oceanfront jr suite) of a four story oceanfront elevator building overlooking the pool. If you want a better view, go to 3rd flr or above. Palm trees block some view of the water. Balcony furnished with chairs,chaise and table! Usually for me the luggage is left outside the room, while I inspect the cleanliness of bed and bath. I was speechless when the door opened to a gorgeous and immaculate suite.(Thank you to our housekeepers,Desreen and Imran!) Huge travertine tiled bathroom with double sinks,separate w/c,bath and shower. A drawer full of toiletries and hair dryer. Next the kitchenette had top of the line appliances,all-clad pots/pans,knives,cutlery,roomy fridge, stemware, and expresso/coffee maker. As the island food is expensive( like Hawaii), we used the fridge for snacks(cheese,crackers,etc) and drinks/alcohol we bought from the grocery store just outside the hotel entrance about 1/2 block.The beds, pillows and especially the linens were fabulous. Softest sheets I've ever slept on and great towels! Blackout curtains came in handy as we slept in! Free wi-fi on resort, so I did keep up with email and internet sites on my smartphone.
The pool is saltwater and they have showers poolside and at the beach. They bring you dixie cup size fruity slushies when you arrive poolside.The beachfront is the nicest at Seven Stars, as we walked the whole shoreline. Don't miss the private adult area on the deck with cabanas and super padded chaise lounges. Turquoise clear water and powder sand. Bring crackers into the water with you to feed the angel fish! AMAZING!!! Sail boards and boats, along with plenty of chartered activity you can do. See the concierge for some great snorkel/exploration day trips,etc.
In the am, we had a full American breakfast buffet(included in room rate) at SEVEN restaurant, complete w/ eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, bagels,cereals,etc.You can't go hungry.Thank you to Desmond and Eronne for a wonderful start to our day.
Dinner at SEVEN was formal (dressy casual) with great food. However, we did not find the evening manager,John as sincere or welcoming as the other staff.He acted very exclusive when it came to seating and tables.Although seating was plentiful,(reservations aside) he made you wait. He told us they (whoever"they" are!)"frowned" on eating at the bar( Not true at all!! They have a full bar menu, along with dinner menu for dining at the bar!!) Don't let him chase you away. The food was very fresh and flavorful. And we found we much preferred to dine at the bar with Nicolo, the bartender,who was very pleasant and engaging.(Did I mention handsome and the italian accent??)
They have a beachside restaurant called"The Deck". Ate salads,chix sandwiches for lunch and Mango snapper for dinner. Delicious and the Manager ANGELO is wonderful! :) Rare to find someone committed to excellence. So is the new lady manager who shares duties with him.(Sorry I forgot her name) and their assistant mgr, Norwyn. All made sure we were taken care of 110%. Service was sometimes spotty,unless managers were there, as the kitchen is at the poolside restaurant (also delicious) and sometimes it's slow to get your food due to the distance. If Williamson Rene or Steven Michel wait on you, you won't be disappointed.
Automatic 15% gratuity included in your bill at restaurants at the resort and on most of the island, so that makes it easy. You may leave extra if you wish or tip out when you leave the resort. Wages are low and costs are also high for the islanders.
If you have kids, cheaper to make them some mac n cheese or sandwiches in the room, than paying for dinner for them. The food is more gourmet than to a kids taste (other than breakfast), so they can have dessert with you.They do have a kids menu. I had a hot dog&fries off of the kids menu and it was good. Not really a kid's resort like Beaches, but they have a kids playground and staff to assist with childcare.
Also, not the resort for nightlife/noise. We were happy about that. Other resorts are nearby(like Sandals) to travel to for dancing and partying,etc. We enjoyed wine and great conversation with new found friends at the Deck bar while watching the moonlit ocean and beach. That's exactly what we wanted.
Lastly, the spa was a pleasant trip. I got a great sports massage by Yna. Perfect! My disappointment was they did not have haircare. You get island hair in an instant from the humidity,sun and water,so I would have loved to get shampoo/deep condition/blow dry. Especially for the day we left. They have nail techs,but nada for the hair. I was surprised.
Really it was the best vacay ever and met some other couples we expect to always be in touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchoring the sweeping arc of the world-famous Grace Bay Beach in the Turks & Caicos Islands, Seven Stars Resort blends island hospitality with luxurious all-suite accommodations and world-class amenities. Expansive accommodations range from junior to five-bedroom suites and feature high-end furnishings and finishes, full kitchens or kitchenettes, wrap-around balconies and over-sized marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, terry bathrobes and L’Occitane amenities. Island-inspired cuisine is served in three dining venues. Ideal for couples and families, the oceanfront palm-lined resort features a pool terrace with cabanas, tennis, complimentary water-sports, kids program, spa, fitness center, and nearby championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Seven Stars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Stars Hotel Providenciales
- 7 Stars Resort
- Seven Stars Providenciales
- Seven Stars Resort & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales