“great location, beautiful views”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Anchorage, Alaska
“great location, beautiful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a lovely place to stay on Grace Bay. The dining is good and the pool side staff is excellent. Everyone is helpful, polite, and polished. The pool is just the right size and there is plenty of people watching on the beach where you can easily find a chair and umbrella. The ocean could not be better but I suppose Seven Stars can't take credit for that! My only complaint would be the nose from the room above. All the floors are tile so it transfers quite easily. I like that there is a variety of guests from children to older adults and everyone is comfortable. We loved the rum punch upon arrival and they were more than gracious even though our flight was very late.

Room Tip: get the ocean view--it's worth it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
Buford, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I chose Seven Stars for our honeymoon in July 2013. We could not have been more pleased! When you arrive at the hotel, the staff greeted us with cold coconut scented towels, then some fabulous rum punch.

We were given a tour of the grounds, then shown to our room. I loved our room! We stayed in 1502 and I would recommend it. We had a perfect sunset view every night from the ~40' private balcony. The room overlooked the pool and beach, facing west. The amenities were great! Top of the line appliances, marble, granite, great bed, HUGE shower, jacuzzi tub, a huge selection of wine and cocktail glasses, plenty of china.

The beach is amazingly beautiful and not crowded at all. Easily found chairs and umbrella away from other visitors. Snorkeled right off the beach and found some huge starfish. Dan and Lila, the beach attendants, were super nice and remembered my name from the first day. We never had to wait too long for another beer or rum punch. In fact, all of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Everyone we met on the island was very, very nice.

A breakfast buffet was included, and it is served in the Seven restaurant. There was always bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, cheeses and meats and about 20 different pastries. Each day they had something new like quiche, waffles, pancakes, frittatas, etc. A great way to start the morning. Great coffee too!

We ate at Seven (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147399-d2035286-Reviews-Seven-Providenciales_Turks_and_Caicos.html) several times. Fabulous dining experience. Try the seared yellow fin tuna! Service was exceptional and the food delicious.

We are already planning a return trip. It was the best trip either of us have ever had! It deserves seven stars!

Room Tip: Get a room above third floor, facing west for fantastic sunset views!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Seven Stars is on a fantastic beach. It is less crowded than many of the other areas further up the beach and the ocean is amazing. What stood out about the hotel was the service we received when there was a problem.

The manager was also an owner and he went above and beyond to rectify the problem. He really made our stay there special.

The staff was great and the kids loved interacting with them. My children ask me monthly not only about going back to Provo, but when are we returning to the Seven Stars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SMMMMM
Martinez, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's 9:30pm and I'm sitting on the balcony listening to dishes clanking, and workers talking,as the ocean waves are crashing. This is the only gripe I have. Yea you can hear a band playing music from down the beach. (Nice really). And the sounds of people enjoying the restaurant down below.

But once you close the sliding doors you hear no noise from the restaurant. You do hear noise from the hallway though. Besides that, when you first walk into the place there is a serious wow factor. The place is well furnished and the finishes are top notch.
The view? Well it's fantastic.

The bed is great, the staff awesome.
Would defiantly stay here again. But I have to say that the sound of people stacking dishes outside,would be the only drawback of staying in this room.
Would defiantly pick a different tower to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tjclyde
Tappan, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have to say that I am pretty picky with beach vacations. This resort definitely lived up to my expectations. The rooms were suites complete with cutlery, expresso maker, wine glasses, dishes, etc. The bathrooms were as desribed and even had a whirlpool style tub. We had a room at the Alya and it overlooked the ocean and the view was beautiful: crystal blue water. The resort services were excellent. The staff was top notch, everyone was super helpful and very polite. The grounds were well groomed at all times as well. Getting a spot by the pool or on the beach was never an issue, I'm not sure if its like that all year long but our trip was in April and it was not overcrowded. The population was mixed with anniversary couples, babymooners, honeymooners, single people, families so it was perfect for relaxing and unwinding.

I used all the equipment that the staff offered: The blue mattresses, the paddleboards, the kayaks. It was really nice to have everything available and have staff to give instruction.

I highly reccomend the snorkeling adventure. The captains could not be anymore helpful. They took us to a few places, iguana island, the reef of course and a deserted island for lunch which was surrounded by beautiful greenish water. If you do one excursion I reccomend this one the experience was awesome and the staff was so attentive it enhanced this amazing experience.

The parasailing was also fun but the staff was not from Seven Stars so the service was not as great as the snorkeling trip.

All the resturants were great but my favorites were Coco bistro and Caicos cafe.
The breakfast at the hotel was ok but very convenient and had a lot of variety.

I do not like to repeat vacation spots but I will definitely be returning to Seven Stars!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jenny T
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Based on positive TripAdvisor Reviews, my wife and I decided to give the Seven Stars Resort a try for my birthday vacation. We stayed there for 6 days and resort exceeded our expectations.

ARRIVAL:
First, upon our arrival at the resort, we were greeted by a staff member named Erika, who was as nice and welcoming as can be. As she prepared our resort package, we were offered cold hand towels to cool off with and a tropical punch - with an option to add rum. As she showed us to our room, we were surprise to learn that we had been upgraded to a Penthouse Room, and waiting in the room was a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon with a card that read Happy Birthday Mr. Wallace. <An unexpected surprise with nice little extra touch>.

ROOM:
The room was clean and nice. It had two full bathrooms, a kitchenette (small fridge, oven, coffee maker etc.), more than adequate living space for two, a good size balcony/terrace to lie out on comfortably, and free WiFi. It reminded me of a timeshare lockout unit - which would normally be said to sleep 4. We did not have an ocean view, which we normally are sticklers for upgrading to, (no matter the price), whenever we vacation. However, the penthouse was so nice we were okay with not upgrading. (We did look at another room on a lower floor, which had a beautiful ocean view, but decided to keep the larger room). Some of the balcony and 'living room' furniture seemed a little "Wicker-ish" for an upscale resort, but after we got caught in a short gusty down pour, we gathered that the intention was probably to have furniture that can dry quickly.

GROUNDS AND AMENITIES:
The grounds were VERY well maintained... It was Extremely clean and well manicured. The beach area was clean and had more than enough chairs and cabanas to utilize. (Note: We went in June when the resort was not at capacity). I'd imagine that even in the extremely busy season, there would be no problem easily finding a place on the beach. The gym was small but adequate enough to get a decent workout in, (we were there every day at 5:30 am, so we pretty much had the gym to ourselves). You can get Free WiFi by the pool as well.

STAFF & SERVICE:
The staff was extremely accommodating. Everyone smiled, asked you your name so the can greet you by it, and was very informative about the resort and island. If fact, the staff was so good, we wrote down names of some of the exceptional staff members that we had the pleasure to encounter so that their managers can read about them on TripAdvisors. (So big kudos to... James Renee, Deleno Carter Jr., Linette, Shantey and Evette Hall, who worked in the restaurants. Additional Kudos to Lynn Stubbs & Rashad Smith at the front desk. And last but not least, a GIANT KUDO to Erika who made sure we were well taken care of in every fashion.)

Seven Stars offers complimentary Continental Breakfast everyday from 7am-11am. (Nice added touch)

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION:
The Seven Stars is conveniently located. Once you walk out of the resorts, there is a market about a block away where you can pick up any little knick-knacks at reasonable prices. (We stocked our fridge with bottle water). Also, there are several restaurants in walking distance, so you do not have to feel like your stuck eating at the resort’s restaurant, (Cocoa Bistro is a must). The golf resort is about 22 minute stroll from the resort. I played three rounds and quickly learned that I did not have to take a taxi every time. Also, nearby are little ice-cream shops, breakfast spots and other novelty shops. The Seven Stars do have bicycles you can use for free, so you can hop on a bike and explore the nearby businesses.

BEST THING:
The people…. The Staff is just super accommodating! (The SPA, although small and understated, have two of the best Masseuses ever. Edelwina and her sister Carla gave my wife and I the BEST massages of our lives.... and we frequently get spa-treatment at home and on every vacation.)

LEAST THING:
The Night Life… There isn’t much to do on the resort at night. You can go down by the beach and have drinks but that’s about it.

*On Thursday, head down to the Fish Fry 6pm-9pm, where they have local food vendors and live music. They even have a little Junkanoo Parade. The food is Authentic and Delicious!

*On Friday, they have a disco/club and the Gansevoort hotel, which is supposed to be really nice. (Ask around before you go, we got dressed only to find out that some Big Wig had rented out the whole club for a private affair – We assume it was the people who were filming some movie.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Asnoty
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went down for 8 days -mid May 2013 -
but I got off to rough start- I had pulled my back out the day before we arrived- plus they put us next to rowdy wedding suite on oceanfront building with ok view- after 2 days we had not gotten any sleep- turns out we were not alone-every hotel managers nightmare!- but not sure I would put 2 60-ish persons in suite there anyway-
but they made it all good- moved us to oceanview ( central building - what view - what a suite!)-
3 key points;
1. not much to do on island except water stuff- so staying at resort very important- everything is clustered in this area-
2. not all resorts have same number of staff - so for families etc if you need folks looking after you- this is the place
3. if you are a wine drinker - head over to IGA- 3 minute walk- 1 on bike- selection at pools and most bars not very good- surprisingly- IGA has solid picks plus nice deli and quick items- 5 star IGA!
Staff was wonderful, everyone helpful - even when we were a bit cranky-I have to state this is best run facility I have ever seen. You can eat off the floors.
TCI is great for getting away and living large at the beach- and it is amazingly uncrowded even quiet-
The restaurant Seven is there - it is exceptional- ! I am giving them 5 stars too- wine selection excellent.

Nice, really really nice-
kudos to their staff from this tough customer! Kudos to their management who hires/trains/retains such a staff!

Room Tip: check out picture- I liked oceanview better than ocean front-more shade on patio; ocean view has mor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple