“Beautiful place/Amazing Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
dartmouth , nova scotia , canada
“Beautiful place/Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

we've just arrived back to Canada from 2 weeks at SS's. We've been there many times before but the place just keeps getting better and better every time. It all starts with the lady in reservations named Yngrit, she's amazing and always looks after us so so well. Then there's the restaurant staff, all the girls are so very friendly and helpful (Beatrice is so nice) and lastly are the guys on beach and around the deck. Delleno, Kirky, Don, Lilla, Asita, Alen, they all take great care of us when we are there. Its a beautiful place and when you have amazing staff like SS does there's no better place to spend your vacations.

Room Tip: Building 1 facing west is always our preference, and thanks to Yngrit thats where we usually end up
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our 4th trip to Provo but our first time at Seven Stars. As others have noted our greeting at the airport was excellent. We arrived at the hotel before 11am but were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready immediately. We had a premier 1 br oceanfront suite. The room was huge, lovely, and very clean. I found the decor somewhat understated but perfectly suited to an island dwelling. We had a full kitchen with everything you could possibly need (the only very minor exception was a pitcher to make iced tea but in fairness I never ended up asking for one).

The grounds are lovely and well maintained. Their stretch of beach is beautiful with more than enough chairs and umbrellas. Plenty of chairs at the pretty salt water pool. Not a ton of prime seating directly around the pool but more than enough overall seating. You had the usual saving of chairs that were clearly not being used but we have found this at every hotel. This says far more about customer rudeness and really little that the hotel can do short of posting a guard.

Breakfast was more than adequate. Previous reviews that complained that the choices were the same every day are pretty silly. Most buffet breakfasts that are included in the cost of your room are similar. Some of the hot dishes did indeed change each day and the cold foods were fairly standard for island breakfasts. The setting for breakfast was ideal in that you could eat outside or inside. One of my favorite things about this hotel is that they have about the only air conditioned restaurant. As my husband and I started each day with a jog on the beach, a cool environment was much appreciated.

We dined at Seven for our first dinner. The restaurant was quiet and the food was excellent.

Now for the few minor issues...

1. For a hotel of this caliber I was surprised that there was no evening turn down service in your room. Housekeeping did come each night but they only handed you 2 bottles of water and asked if you needed more towels. A very minor point but at our other stays on Provo we had a true turn down service each evening.

2. I am really not sure that our room really qualified as true ocean front. We were in room 1502 and while the room had magnificent ocean views it was not truly ocean front. In fairness to the hotel very few rooms would actually qualify as ocean front due to the way the buildings are angled. In actuality our room overlooked the pool with the ocean beyond. Our balcony was huge and you could see the ocean from every point but it lacked the serenity of a true ocean front room.

3. The last issue involved the service. This was the only really major issue we had. To be fair this issue went beyond the Seven Stars. Other reviewers have talked about friendly attentive service. We just didn't find this. From the front desk, to the pool, to the concierge, to the restaurant, we did not see friendly, let alone, gracious service. The restaurant and the pool were the worst. On only one day were we offered any kind of assistance with our chairs at the beach or pool. The service at breakfast was usually very slow and you could barely get a smile out of the wait staff. The only exception was the woman who greeted you at breakfast. At our dinner at Seven we declined dessert and were then left for almost half an hour before my husband finally got up to ask for our check. The only real exception was housekeeping. They were always friendly and warm as well as extremely efficient. With the exception of the restaurant the service was usually efficient but it just wasn't gracious. For a hotel of this class I expected more.

I said at the outset that his issue went beyond the Seven Stars. While we never had a bad meal we also didn't have really outstanding service at any restaurant. The only real exception was Grace's Cottage. Even at Anacaona, a restaurant we loved previously, the service was just ok. My personal feeling is that the gratuity is added to your bill everywhere. I don't think there is any more incentive to give extra service.

Would I come back to the Seven Stars? Yes I would. Overall we had a wonderful 5 days. I would hope that the service issues would be addressed. The goal of a really fine hotel is to make their guests feel special. That was the only thing that was really lacking.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Debbie G
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Seven Stars went above and beyond our expectations for our honeymoon!
We were impressed as soon as we met the greeter at the airport from Seven Stars that helped us with your bags and getting a taxi. Once we got to Seven Stars we were in awe of how beautiful and clean it was. They greeted us with many smiles and a wonderful rum punch. We were given a tour of the resort and then taken to our room. We initally booked an ocean view Jr. Suite. I remember when our tour guide opened the door I was in shock. We received a complimentary upgrade to an oceanview 1 bedroom suite that overlooked the pool and the ocean, it was breathtaking! Also, a complimentary bottle of merlot to start off our honeymoon celebration! We even sat on our balcony for an entire afternoon one day enjoying our gorgeous views! We loved loved loved our room and deserves more then 5 stars!
We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed dinner at Seven the first night there which was our favorite restaurant we went to on the island. Very delicious food and beautiful atmosphere. We enjoyed every day laying by the pool and also on the beach and never had a problem finding chairs. I wish we would have explored the island of Turks and Caicos more but we felt very comfortable/relaxed staying on the resort grounds all day long. The views of Grace Bay are incredible here! My husband and myself enjoyed many cocktails lounging on the chairs every day relaxing to picturesque turquoise waters of Grace Bay. I know there are many reviews about how pricey the drinks and food were but they were very delicious and worth every penny. We enjoyed lunch a few times at the Sand Dollar and also at the beachfront restaurant for dinner. We did take advantage of the grocery store (which is very clean and easy walking distance) to get water and a few snacks for the room.
The staff was wonderful at Seven Stars as well. I wish I remembered everyones name that helped us but not one person did not help without a smile. They always made sure you were enjoying your time and willing to help in anyway. I enjoyed that housekeeping came to the room twice a day to clean and did a great job! We also took advantage of paddle boarding one morning along Grace Bay, which was offered free from the resort which we loved! We also did a couples massage at the spa which I highly recommened for all couples! I had one of the best massages that I can remember. Both massage therapists were very professional and kind, we were tempted to get one every day!
I really must say it was the best vacation we have every been on and my Husband and I area already planning our next trip back. Thank you Seven Stars and the staff for making our stay so wonderful and wish we were still there now enjoying your lovely resort!!! My dream honeymoon was always to go to the beautiful island of Turks and Caicos and your resort made it so special for us!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor or higher for a better view! Even though the ocean front rooms are proba...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Seven Stars on our third visit to Grace Bay and wished we'd visited sooner! We'd booked a premier ocean front 1 bedroom and got bumped up to a 2 bedroom to accommodate our request for a higher floor. And we were given a complimentary bottle of wine to help celebrate our anniversary.

The accommodations are great -- our ocean front view from the bedroom and spacious balcony amazing! We thoroughly enjoyed the heated salt water pool and beach, tennis court with complimentary bottled water and proximity to the grocery store and restaurants like Caicos Cafe and Coco Bistro.

But what really makes this resort special is the staff -- from our greeting at the airport, to check in, cleaning staff, poolside and beach servers, restaurant staff on The Deck, The Sand Dollar and Seven. You'll definitely want to go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had an oceanfront junior suite and it exceeded my expectations. The reason why is because we had a great view, comfy bed, big bathroom, good coffee(which is so rare in hotels), kitchenette, and washer/dryer. The beach is by far one of the best beaches in the world! Our beach attendant , Lila from Nepal, was amazing! He was so friendly, and was always there for us!!! Our breakfast came with the room, and had an excellent variety of fruit and cheeses. I especially like my half day snorkel excursion with the hotel's boat. We had a small group of 6. We saw dolphins, snorkeled the barrier reef, snorkeled for sand dollars, and had a picnic on a beach. Food was just ok, but beach amazing! Then, they took us by Parrot Cay and pointed out several celebreity's houses. We have been on other boat tours, (Caicos Dream Tours) and while good; Seven Stars was a step above!! In conclusion, all I can say is this place is a WINNER!!

Room Tip: Go for a room in the buildings closest to the ocean
1 Thank BethA02
nicoletravels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

There are so many good reviews here, and I will agree with most of it: the place is lovely, the pool staff can’t do enough to help you relax on “Island Time”, and the beach is to-die-for! It is the epitome of paradise: clear turquoise water and soft white sand. Having been to most all of the islands, this Grace Bay Beach does NOT disappoint.

Here are a couple more things:
• This is a time to spring for ocean-view. Because while the hotel is not five-star, the location and the view ARE.
• The resort and the rooms are clean and spacious. We had a little kitchenette that you could actually cook a meal in. The décor is not going to win any design awards but... It’s not a five-star hotel.
• The drinks ARE expensive but strong. A lot of people bought coolers and beer across the street (there’s a grocery store) and took their own stuff to the beach. No one from the resort seemed to care, so that’s an option. We were too lazy, so we sucked down many many $15 piña coladas and $7 beers :).
• We did book a half-day snorkle trip through the resort, again due to lack of thought beforehand and more laziness (noticing a pattern?). Concierge screwed up our reservation for the trip and gave us half off the original cost. If I had it to do over, I might look for more options through a local company or even another resort, since that specific outing was all Seven Stars was offering. Although it was well-wounded and felt like a good excursion,
We stopped at Iguana Beach, then snorkled over the coral reef and then dove for sand dollars at another location. Then they take you to a remote island and provide lunch and beer/wine. (The lunch was kinda gross, but you’re back at the hotel by 1 so you can still have a real lunch and you don’t sign up for a snorkle trip for the food). The captain and deckhand were awesome, even finding us ladies some shells on the beaches and giving us sand dollars when we didn’t find any. They showed us a good time like it was their job! Most importantly, the guy who snorkled with us was definitely looking out for each of us in the strong current. We all felt safe as the boat followed the current with us so we wouldn’t have to swim back against the current.
There’s only one thing: There were only two couples on our snorkle trip when there are usually 10. It is a small boat and I think 10 strangers would be too many. A group of friends would be fine. I’m sure the amazing captain and deckhand do a good job with 10, but we were relieved it was just 4.

Concierge is the weak link. A friend of mine called to book a couples massage as a gift for my husband and me and they never called her back. Then they messed up our snorkle reservation (which they more than compensated for). When I called for reservations for a place that books up quickly, concierge said she’d get back to me and never did. They know that a lot of the better restaurants book up fast, so it’d be great if they could ask you when you check in if you’d like to make reservations for the week of your stay.
When I asked if there was a way to SCUBA dive on the island without certification, she said no, even though that’s not true (it’s just that the hotel doesn’t offer it).

6 Thank nicoletravels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Our room was remarkably spacious and exceedingly well maintained. The resort was quite full in anticipation of a wedding, but it never felt crowded. The general manager was a constant presence on the property, always willing to spend time with the guests. The concierge was very helpful in getting restaurant reservations. The proximity of a high end supermarket makes it easy to stock up with snacks and wine in anticipation of the often spectacular sunsets.

Biggest nit: low water pressure in the (enormous) shower.
We are returning later this year.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple