“I would come back in a heart beat!”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We chose Seven Stars based on other Tripadvisor reviews and our stay was beyond perfection. Our flight arrived at 11am and the airport hotel greeters arranged for a $13/person taxi to the hotel (about 15minutes away). Once we arrived, we were greeted with warm towels, warmer smiles and, of course, some rum punch. We filled out some paperwork, and since our room was not ready (check in is 4pm) we were taken to a changing room and we put on our suits, stashed our luggage at the front desk and had some lunch at The Deck and napped on the beach until the room was ready, about 3:30. I don't know what karmic good deeds we did, but we got upgraded from the junior premier suite with ocean views to a one bedroom premier suite with ocean views. We were a bit worried about the overall cost of our trip, but after our experience, we felt like it was worth it. The suite was amazing, bigger than my NYC apartment, 1900 sq feet, private balcony, full kitchen with all appliances (microwave, stainless steel fridge/dishwasher, stove)/dishes/n'espresso machine, dining area, lounging area with flat screen tv, two bathrooms, king size bed, jet tub, walk in shower, etc. Most important to me, the place was spotless. The facility in general, is well maintained and staffed. We found Desmond Lightbourne and Iquita Brooks especially helpful. The hotel can arrange dinner reservations, snorkeling/sunset cruises and other outings. We went parasailing with Captain Marvin's and did a Glowworm sunset cruise with Sun Catchers. One of the more romantic options was a trip to private beach with a full picnic set up for about $500, which I think would be perfect for someone seeking some "Bachelor"-style romance. My only criticism of our trip to Seven Stars-Grace Bay was that it was too short.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor (it will be quieter) and ocean side.
There are newer reviews for Seven Stars Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I traveled to Turks & Caicos with my husband and spend a week at Seven Stars. The hotel is amazing, with a nice lobby, gardens, and facilities. Rooms are perfectly clean, we had a junior suite with ocean view which was just perfect. The pictures of the beach are true, no instagram needed! The beach is perfect, blue clear water and white sand. I have been in many islands and beaches, but definitely this is the best I've seen. The room amenities are fantastic, room is comfortable, with a nice balcony, bed and pillows are the best. That place is gorgeous!!
The hotel is very well located, close to a nice supermarket and walking distance of nice shops and restaurants.
The Deck restaurant just by the beach is very nice, thursday night they had a great couple singing which was absolutely fantastic.

But despite all the good things, service needs to be seriously improved. We arrived late at night and there wasn't room service available, neither near by restaurants were open. Nothing to eat available!
The concierge is not as friendly as you would expect. They will finally give you the information, but you have to ask every detail, because they won't tell you everything you need without asking. I think is just a cultural issue, but in a five star resort, they must train people to interact with international travelers.
But the worst moment was when we wanted to dine in our suite. There was a nice book in the room, that explained all the hotel facilities. One of them was 'in suite dining' which was supposed to be available until 8:30 pm. I called at 7:40 pm to the restaurant and after three times, since I didn't get an answer, I called the front desk. At the front desk the lady said that in suite dining was no longer available. I didn't understand since I had in my hands a book offering that. I asked for the Manager, and after a 10 minute wait at the phone, she gave me the same answer "is not longer available and we forgot to update the books" - this is not acceptable in a 5 star resort - but even worse - since the Manager didn't give me an option, I asked for one - and the only thing she said is that she could call the restaurant and order what I wanted, and whenever ready, I could go down and pick up my food. "Go down and pick my food!" I said it was not ok, because I wanted to be served in my room. Anyway, I ended up eating out of the hotel and nothing happened. Nothing. Once again, this is not acceptable in a 5 star resort. If they forgot to update the books (which is already a mistake) they must give guests options to make them happy and repair the mistake.

Room Tip: At least third floor and ocean view.
4  Thank Maria H
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent post on Tripadvisor, your comments are greatly appreciated. Our commitment at the Resort is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.
I was disappointed to read that our concierge team failed to exceed your expectations. With reference to your experience with In Suite Dining I must humbly apologize. An out of date Room Service menu had been left in your suite and we rectified this by offering you full room service which you declined.
Our Fine Dining Restaurant and Cocktail Bar is open Monday through Saturday and the Deck Restaurant and bar is open seven nights a week and at both evening venues guests can order as late as 9.30pm.
Once again your feedback is much appreciated and I would very much hope that you would give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Seven Stars Resort. Please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can take care of your arrangements personally.

Yours Respectfully

Bela Govindjee
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I really wanted to give this place high marks. Upon our arrival at the airport we were greeted by a lovely woman " miss Ewing". She was friendly and thorough and started our vacation off with a smile. We were met in the lobby with a rum punch. Our room was ready and we were escorted to our room and given details about the resort. So far so good! The service stopped there....I would agree with most of the reviews regarding service...the resort could stand to have their staff participate in Disney training.....instead most (not all) were awful...no smiles....no eye contact..no sense of urgency. The food in Seven was good......the breakfast was the same everyday... Very boring....scrambled eggs..bacon...fruit...etc. it would have been nice to have a special item. get there early or you will be standing in line waiting for a table. The rooms are nice but have thin walls. The baby in the next room was up at 630 every morning. Make sure to try boogaloo for an authentic meal...it's a bit of a drive but worth it. Make sure if you get a driver that you have them wait. The driver Claudine picked for us left us stranded in the not so great neighborhood. We had to make other arrangements back to the hotel. The only thing Claudine really said was "airport hog" meaning I guess he left us for an airport call. No real apology. All in all an average hotel best suited for families. Stop by the Deck for a cocktail...it's really nice.... Go directly to the bar and see Alen...

4  Thank PetieNYC
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent post on TripAdvisor, your comments are greatly appreciated. Our commitment at the Resort is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us and it is helpful when our guests share their experiences allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted that your overall experience at Seven Stars Resort was an enjoyable one but disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by noise during your stay and you found the service to be inconsistent in some areas. I have noted your comments regarding the service staff and have shared your feedback with our Management Team.

Soundproof doors are installed in all of our suites to allow maximum guest comfort and privacy. I regret that this was not the case and that we did not receive the opportunity to re allocate something more suitable for you.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast – we are continuously trying to change and improve our selections and I have passed on your feedback to our Executive Chef.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the transportation back from “Bugaloo’s”. Claudine our concierge manager has reported the incident to the taxi association.

Your comments are helpful to us and are taken seriously to ensure no re occurrence for our future guests. I look forward to restoring your faith in Seven Stars and welcoming you back to our Resort. Please contact me directly so I can personally make arrangements for you.

Yours Respectfully

Bela Govindjee

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just got back from a 10 day stay with the family. Seven Stars was fabulous. Our one bedroom suite was amazing. Great view of the ocean. Very large, clean and well decorated. Maid service was excellent. Coffee makers in room were a nice touch. The pool and beach were great--never over crowded. The water was beautiful, and the free water sports was a great addition. The breakfast wasn't great. It's really the only negative about the whole experience. The breakfast buffet didn't have many options. This in and of itself wouldn't have been a problem if there had been a regular breakfast menu to order from. Unfortunately, the buffet was the only option. It seems to me that given the very upscale nature of the resort, a full breakfast should have been offered, particularly since the buffet was somewhat limiting. Still, that one flaw was not enough to drag down my 5 star rating. Now, back to all the positives. The staff was great. Claudine at the concierge desk was so helpful and nice, arranging all my dinner reservations before I even arrived on the island. Ernst was our server on the beach, and he was great. Probably the best beach service I've ever had. Lunch options weren't plentiful, but they were good and Ernst always brought them to us promptly. The boat cruise the resort offers was fabulous. Cardie and Rodney were the crew, and they did a great job driving the boat and keeping us laughing. We've been to many beach resorts in many places, and I can safely say that Seven Stars rates up there with the best. We were delighted with our stay, and look forward to returning!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim Y
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We traveled to the Seven Stars 3/15-22, 2013 with our 2 teenage daughters and could not have been more impressed! From reservations with Yngrit, the warm welcome by Rashad at the front desk, personal handshake by Ken Patterson, General Manager, to the beachside service of Lila, we were treated like royalty! The room was AMAZING (4th floor Alhena bldg Ocean view)- Beautiful, immaculate and very comfortable; the views unbelievable and all of the accommodations beyond compare. We were surprised with an upgrade upon our arrival - my husband had told Yngrit it was my birthday. And in the room I found a beautiful flower arrangement, balloons, chocolate dipped strawberries, a fruit tray and chilled champagne (some authorized by my husband - some "on the house"!) This was truly a bucket list trip. The photos you see online are all accurate but they really can't capture the beauty of this place. Every night the housekeeping staff leaves water bottles by the bed that you can refrigerate and take to the pool or beach the next day and refill with the water cooler they have beachside. We had no problems with biting bugs that I had read about on other reviews...in fact, there were no bugs at all. The breakfast included with the price had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cold cuts, cheeses, breads, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereals...we filled up each morning and really didn't need much lunch....which was good b/c the island is expensive. We walked to the grocery store and got snacks for the week and it worked great. The cabs charge $13/person pretty much anywhere you want to go so for a family of 4 with tip it was $60 one way to go out to dinner - but the Seven Stars is located with restaurants within walking distance so it's not really necessary. Our daughters loved hanging out by the pool or on the beach (Sunscreen is a MUST-bring it from home - it's expensive on the island) We also rode the Provo Ponies in the ocean - AMAZING experience - and went on a 1/2 day snorkel and conch excursion with Island Vibes - picked us up and dropped us off at the beach and was a total blast! The resort has stand up paddle boards, kayaks and Hobie Cat sailboats that are available for guests free of charge and a very helpful crew to help you learn how to use them. I found out on our last day, when it was too late, that you can hire one of the guys in the beach shack to take however many fit on the Hobie Cat sailing for $60 for 45 minutes or so. That would have been a ton of fun and a real bargain for a family of 4! I just cannot say enough good things about the Seven Stars and the people who work there - it was paradise and we want to go back...NOW! Thank you Seven Stars!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DebL457
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent the better part of 4 weeks researching an anniversary trip in June 2013. I contacted 5 resorts (all rated 4.5 stars to 5 stars directly). Only 1 resort responded to all my questions and concerns, that was Yngrit with Seven Stars!!! All of the resorts looked wonderful. All very similarly priced. I was looking for a large suite with direct ocean views.

The travel websites do not answer all of your questions, they also require you to pay the total cost upfront. Look at their cancellation policy on the travel website versus the hotels if you book directly . If you do some research on what problems travelers have with these websites, its with cancellations and lack of information. Seven Stars has a full refund for all cancellations from 7 days of arrival. Within 7 days it changes but you only put half down not the full amount. Read how hard it is to get your money back from travel websites and you paid full boat up front!

Contact your resorts directly. Its your trip, you should control the relationship, not some 3rd party travel website. It cost me a little more to deal directly with the Seven Stars and the Airline, but I know what I paid for and I have a relationship with resort before I arrive.

Yngrit at Seven Stars sent me pictures of the different types of rooms and where they would be in relation to the beach. She responded quickly and always assured me that we would be taken care of on our trip. As I mentioned earlier, most of the resorts I reached out to responded very slowly, directed me to the resort website for answers or did not respond at all!

It's your vacation, you can save a little money and go with a travel website and hope its what you want or work directly with the resort and understand exactly what you are getting. Take into consideration the cancellation policy!!! If a resort doesn't treat you right upfront what makes you think they will want to take care of you when you get there! I want someone to earn my business and Yngrit earned my business.

We selected Seven Stars on the reviews from trip advisor and because of Yngrit. We are excited for our trip and when it is over I will let you know our experience. Thanks Yngrit!!!

6  Thank Mark W
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a great vacation at the Seven Stars. Our room, a 2 bedroom ocean front, was beautiful, spacious, well laid out and had a stunning view. The pool itself was never too crowded and was a comfortable temperature. Unfortunately it was often difficult to get a seat by the pool, especially one with much needed shade.

My family and I made good use of the resort's kayaks and paddle boards. However, some of the staff didn't seem very knowledgeable about using them and someone wasn't always available to help us get them in and out of the water. Fortunately that didn't pose too much of a problem as the water was usually fairly calm. We also appreciated that you could borrow life vests and fins to bring elsewhere for snorkeling.

Food at the hotel was a mixed bag. We had a lackluster meal at the fancier restaurant, Seven, but felt there were some very good options poolside and at the Deck restaurant. They also seemed to put effort into the children's menu which was much appreciated.

All in all we really liked the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return. After walking the length of the Grace Bay beach I can say that there were few other hotels that looked nearly as nice. Seven Stars is definitely a wonderful option when staying in Provo.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family