“Honey Moon Best Resort Ever!!!!”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Boise, Idaho
“Honey Moon Best Resort Ever!!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

we originally booked with the Sands for price; however, when we arrived we were astonished at the quality of the Sands. We immediately called the Seven Stars, they made room for us at a greeat rate and made our transition the best ever. I have never met such wonderful staff and people, there are amazing things to do, for free on the beach: paddle board, kayak, etc. and the beach staff, Eldred and Clay, were amazing!! They help you with the water sports and if at anytime they even question you are scared or need help, they jump on a speed boat to come out to you. They are amazing!! The food was great, rooms perfect, and even had access to my Monday night football! Don't miss out on the Seven Stars boat half day excursion, I'm terrified of the water but had the absolute best time of my life withe boat staff who take very good care of you with plenty of free drinks, food and a great time!!! I loved this place and if you are going to the islands, stay here or you will be sorry you chose elsewhere because of a cheaper price. Their prices are worth the comfort, safety and amazing staff. Even at our complimentary breakfast, the staff always remembered your name and were so genuinely kind, Beatrice even honked at us while we were walking to the store days later and smiled and waved. I love the place, the resort and the people that work there!! Trust me, I am a very sharp consumer who does not like to spend money and who is suspicious of everyone but this is the first time in my many travels I felt 100% safe, happy and had the best time of my life!!!!!!

Room Tip: The reservations desk will get you anything to you need. Honestly, I had so much fun on the beach wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been all over the world and to numerous islands, and Seven Stars was an all around top notch resort. We stayed here a week in Sept. The people are very friendly, warm, and kind and provide very conscientious service. This resort has thought about the details, which makes for a very relaxing time. This combination is hard to find. Overall the grounds and landscaping, restaurants, and pool/poolside are simply beautiful, well maintained, and clean! The poolside teak wood loungers are very nice, padded, with terrycloth covers. The beach front loungers are not the same, unfortunately, they are the typical metal/plastic/non padded type. From landing at the airport, you go straight to the SS kiosk just outside, they check your name on the list, give you a cold bottle of H2O and you board a shuttle van within a few minutes. There were three total couples on our van to the hotel, which took only about 15 minutes. It is supposed to be $13 each, but upon arrival, the driver said "$30 per couple". Check in is easy, they give you a cold scented towel, virgin rum punch (they will pour rum in it if you want it), and they remove your bags from the van and you will see them again in your room. Some FYI's of things I wish I knew beforehand, and fyi's that maybe helpful to mention that haven't been in a while: They have nice bath products: L'Occitane Shampoo, Cond., bodywash, bar and hand soap, and lotion in the bathrooms that is replaced daily. If you get a room with a washer and dryer, laundry soap and dryer sheets are also included. We had a Jr. Ocean front suite with the W&D, and apparently not all of this class of room has the W&D. We never check bags, so its a must on a week long trip. We were on the 6th floor and had a gorgeous infinity view of the most beautiful ocean. The balcony had a table with two chairs and two loungers. This room had a nice kitchenette, with everything you need, except only one small Tupperware style storage container; so if you plan to cook and safe leftovers you may need something else. There is also a Nespresso in the room with pods for espresso/cappuccino. The room has a safe, two terrycloth robes, an umbrella, flyswatter, and iron with steam in the hallway closet. Room service to your room is available. Also, you can use the in room phone to make calls to the US. We called several times back home to US and it was charged to us as $0.99 per minute and this goes on your room bill. Verizon does not work at all. There is free WiFi in the rooms. They come to clean your room in the morning/late morning then again for turn down service in the evenings. The room was very clean and kept very clean. There is a jetted bath tub and the toilet is in a separate room with the W&D. One thing we did not like about the room: there was a total of FIVE fake silk/plastic plants in our Jr. Ocean Front suite. These to me are just dust collectors; seems like many other design options could be incorporated other than the fake trees/flowers. The Deck, is great, (reviewed this also), and during the low season, they have a musician Wed-Sunday nights. Seven, their indoor fine dining restaurant (also reviewed) is very good also. There are stand up paddle boards and kayaks included for use; however, if you want to take out a Hobie Cat, and do not want to/know how to sail it yourself, it costs $60. The breakfast included in the room rate, is really great. Your choice of juices, coffee, scrambled eggs, sausages, crispy bacon, grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, cereals, yogurts, pastries and muffins, several types of fresh cut up fruits and berries. They do bring you the "check" that will show $0 for your breakfast...so you can add a tip if you wish. The half day snorkel/lunch/island hop trip was awesome. Very nice new boat, with a head available, lunch included and very good/experienced crew. It is a must do! I do wish they would offer you a choice of lunch/sandwich when you schedule the excursion i.e. do you want a ham or beef sandwich? I was one of the last ones back aboard from the beach when lunch started and got stuck with the last option: a gooey mozzarella cheese sandwich that was basically only thick, hard bread, so I did not eat much of a lunch on the trip. Also, they ran out of rum punch on the way back, and most everyone only had one cup, if that. In the slow season they do not do the full day trips. We also did the "house reef" snorkel that took just the two of us out for $50 each, on their small zodiac boat, from the beach out toward "the wall". This was fun with lots of fish to see. The boat driver was very nice, knowledgeable, and snorkeled with us the entire time. There was more current/waves to contend with on this snorkel. There is a towel bar on the walkway from the pool to the beach where you can get towels and cups of water with ice. Very nice, very kind service always from these guys! The Sanddollar has a good poolside lunch, but we found all the alcoholic drinks to be lacking in the alcohol. The Deck has the good drink makers. In the resort lobby, there is a small boutique with very high prices, but we did end up having to buy a travel toothpaste there ($4), so it was convenient. Also within the lobby is a small room with one computer and printer so you can check email and print boarding passes. The walk to the grocery store is easy, you can see Graceway Gourmet, from the resort, and the front desk will give you a wheeled cart to put your bags on for the walk to and fro. Its a very nice grocery store, very clean and new. The deli there has good salads/sides and a pizza oven with very good pizza prices if you want to get some to go. There is a bakery counter and coffee bar inside as well. Also, there is an ATM right outside the grocery store. When you arrive at the airport to leave the island, be aware: get your own bags out of the back of the van, because there are porters there that will have the van door open before you can even egress the van, and they will put your bags on a cart and wheel them inside, like 15 feet!! in to the airport terminal/counter and stand there in your face and wait for a tip, all this without them asking you if you want "assistance". It took about 20 minutes from the time we arrived at the airport, went through security, and sat down at the gate. The airport is very small, very basic, and crowded (even on a weekday in Sept) so plan for that. If we went in high season, we would definitely pay for the VIP lounge! There was only one place we saw to get something to eat/drink, and not a sit down restaurant. Another thing, if you get a ground floor room, this would be very convenient and quick to go from room to pool/beach if you had a baby/toddler. SS has the best location...we were within an easy walk to the Saltmills, other resorts/restaurants, the grocery, Dive Provo, and ports of call shops. We had our wedding there on the beach. If you have specific questions about wedding planning, our wedding experience there, and experience with local vendors, etc. please PM me, I am glad to help.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank shwrldtraveler
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just perfect! I'll write more later but wanted to give a few shout outs to the amazing staff that makes Seven Stars THE place to stay on Grace Bay.
Beatrice: Server at Seven and Poolside - wonderful service and genuine spirit.
Eldridge: He's THE man on the Beach Front. Whats most impressive is the safety he brings to the beach - always on the lookout for swimmers, boaters, kayakers,etc. coupled with his outstanding personality that would make a shark feel welcome at your tiki hut. Just think that young man is the salt of the grace bay.

More to come......top notch place to stay if you can swing it! I'll send some $ saving tips in a few days.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Camille80
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Wonderful accommodations with very friendly staff. The grounds are beautifully maintained. Lots to do with free use of bikes, snorkeling gear, paddle boards and much more. Beach and ocean water was amazing. Highly recommend this resort

Room Tip: Ocean view, upper floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patty K
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Once we exited the airport we were greeted by a friendly Seven Star Rep. standing at a podium (several resorts had the same system). We were offered an ice cold bottle of water and a firm handshake welcoming us to the island. The taxi ride was about ten minutes long and cost $13 each, another couple was also in our van style taxi. Once at the hotel we were greeted with an ice cold towel and rum punch. We were told that they upgraded us to an oceanview but we already paid for that? Anyway we arrived at the room to discover we had no laundry, we inquired and the rep. stated that the one bedrooms had laundry (I must gave mis-read when booking). After seeing the second room we decided on the up-sell. Both rooms had great furnishings and a full kitchen with everything needed to cook or entertain, in-room espresso maker, ice maker, glasses, plates, you name it. The resort has three restaurants but Poolside and The Deck come from the same kitchen (casual). The formal Restaurant "Seven" is really good and reminds me of an upscale NYC restaurant. The resort always has a special going on like all you can eat BBQ/Bonfire $49- on Tuesdays or Surf/Turf $49- on Wednesdays. The resort has a little gift shop but it's all extremely overpriced "resort wear" and some toiletries, no food. But if you step outside the resort gates straight ahead is a full "gourmet" grocery store (gourmet=overpriced). If you go a little past the grocery store you'll find a full pharmacy and tattoo shop. Turn to the left from the resort gate and you"ll find several gift shops and restaurants that are very affordable. Walk to the right of the gates and you"ll find several restaurants including "Pizza Pizza" a must try and several high end jewelry stores and gift shops. The resort has free bikes to use which we used once and a great spa. I booked a few massages for my wife but check out the daily resort news letter since they run daily spa specials, limited days and hours but worth the savings. We stayed six nights and every night was great. Over all the place is clean, staff is friendly, and I felt safe with uniformed security and card access to front gates at night. Just beware every bill you receive has an additional 26% tacked on (11% tax, 15% gratuity). So two ten dollar rum punches beach side will cost you around forty. I must say the piña coladas on the deck are like gaint milk shacks. I paid cash for all drinks and meals on the resort and it seemed like they just want you to sign and charge it to the room. Since they don't have carbon copies of the receipts I inquired what my total bill looked like several times at the front desk. Breakfast was included each morning scrambled eggs, grilled mushrooms, tomatoes, troff of bacon/ sausage, and a full spread fruit/pastries/cereal. They even offer to-go coffee till 11am. They have additional fare for breakfast but it will cost you. It was a great experience and would recommend to family/friends.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Houstan
Irvine, California
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I planned this trip to Turks for our 11yr anniversary. I am so glad we chose Seven Stars! The entire experience was phenomenal. From the airport pickup to the snorkel excursion, the service we received was impeccable! The staff made it a point to remember our names and details that we shared with them. We are already planning our next trip back! This was our 1st time to Provo and I can say that we will stay at Seven Stars again!!! Mrs. Lynn, the concierge, the captain of the snorkel excursion, water sports team, and housekeeping were just a few of the wonderful staff that we experienced!! Complimentary breakfast every morning was unbelievable! The view from our balcony was so breathtaking! Don't take my word for it, just stay here and see for yourself! You will be very glad you did!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oceanfront Jr Suite! I was very impressed! Washer/dryer, fridge, microwave, granite...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My now husband and I went to Provo in August to scout wedding venues. We went to nearly every hotel on the island and found Seven Stars to be the friendliest, most accommodating and most helpful so we choose it to have our wedding. We had 76 guests that we were planning on having to a reception on The Deck and on our wedding day, the skies darkened and rain seemed imminent. Niki was the hotel’s event and she quickly arranged for the entire venue to move up to the Penthouse which turned out to be amazing!!
Seven Stars is new and therefore everything is immaculately clean – the rooms, restaurant, beach toys, grounds…. The staff is all the friendliest on the island and looks to please. The beach recreation coordinator is terrific! Our room was wonderful, spacious with fully stocked kitchen tools and laundry room with very large balcony.
We truly couldn’t have asked for a better experience from start to finish. Every guest raved and some of our friends have gone back to start at the Seven Stars.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple