“Gorgeous....but service and food was a big disappointment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seven Stars Resort & Spa

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Zurich, Switzerland
“Gorgeous....but service and food was a big disappointment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights while learning to scuba dive with Dive Provo. It's in a great location within walking distance to the supermarket (about 2 min walk) and also to Dive Provo, so if you are scuba diving with them it's a fantastic spot.

Everything was great at this resort. Location, rooms and the pool but what really let it down was the food and the service. They are definitely aiming themselves to be a 5 star resort but yet the food is not even close to this standard. Breakfast is poor. Although it is a complimentary continental breakfast they provide you with bread but no toaster and then want to charge $5 for an English muffin, which I personally think is ridiculous!

They also have certain dinners on certain nights. So Sunday night is BBQ and Wednesdays is surf and turf which is great but the food for the price is very average.

Also the service is a little patchy and not friendly depending on where you eat or drink.

unfortunately I wouldn't stay here again only because my boyfriend and I love our food and really were expecting more.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pinkpeonie
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent post on Trip Advisor, your comments are appreciated. Our commitment at the Resort is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted that your overall experience of your stay at Seven Stars Resort was very good but am sorry to hear that you found our food and service to be inconsistent. We are continually looking at ways to improve our guests experience and following your suggestion, our English Muffins are now complimentary and we have also introduced a toasting section for our breakfast service.
I have also noted your comments regarding the service staff and have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Management Team.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the BBQ’s. I am pleased to say that our $49 Buffet Beach BBQ and Bonfire on Sunday and Surf and Turf BBQ on Wednesday have been very popular amongst our guests and other guests visiting the island.

I would like to Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise.

Yours Respectfully,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at the Seven Stars in October 2011. While we enjoyed our time on the island, the resort was...well, just ok. The property and facilities are nice overall, but for the price (particularly during low season), we expected a lot more.

Our room was fine, but nothing special considering the price category, and the decor (including fake plants) felt cheap. So did other small things that make the difference between an upscale and average experience, from poor service in terms of room cleaning and restocking basic supplies like coffee, the bland breakfast selection, lacking maintenance of bikes and tennis equipment, spotty concierge service etc. It just didn't feel like we were getting our money's worth.

Given the number of properties to choose from in the area, we would opt to try something else in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RandB00
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Seven Stars Resort is only five years old, nevertheless we are continually refreshing and upgrading our venues and suites and one of our projects is to remove the artificial plants.

I am sorry to hear that you found our breakfast service to be inconsistent. Since your stay in October 2011 we have expanded our complimentary daily continental breakfast to include a variety of cold cuts, cheeses and smoked salmon. I have also noted your comments regarding our Concierge, Housekeeping Services and the maintenance of our Complimentary bicycles and use of Tennis equipment and I have shared your feedback with our management teams.

Yours Respectfully

Rooms Division Manager
Suwanee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

8 adults on a seven night vacation

There are many great reviews to read that mirror our experience on the room and resort. From the moment we arrived the airport for transport to the Seven Stars and our return the people were so nice. Everywhere we went throughout the week people thanked us for visiting TCI. The concierge efficiently arranged everything we asked. Here are some tips:

#1 The Seven Stars snorkeling trip with Capt Steve and Capt Cardi was the highlight of our trip for all 8 of us! They did a great job of taking care of our every need. Most importantly they did a great job of figuring out what we wanted to do at the right time throughout the trip - part snorkeling, part sight-seeing and part party. We enjoyed it so much we rescheduled another trip right away - which was even better. By far this was the best time we had on the trip! Both Steve and Cardi provided a spark to make the trips so much fun!

#2 The amenities at the Seven Stars were very nice and added a lot of value - paddle boarding, snorkeling gear, kayaks, sailing, bikes and even the beach chairs were all free - which is great because everything else on the island is freakin' expensive. The fitness center is also very nice.

#3 We had lot's great meals - right on the beach at Mango Reef was fantastic, Hemmingway's was great too - we walked to and from those on the beach. It is a healthy walk so make sure you are ready for it. But night along the beach is beautiful. Coco Bistro was the best 'nice' dinner we had during our visit - off the beach but a great atmosphere and great food. We also tried Seven due to the only rain out that interrupted our plan to chill at the deck bar on the resort one night. The food was excellent, in fact, probably the best prepared - but it seems wrong to eat a high end meal at the hotel at the beach. We tried the pizza place just a short walk into town one evening and would recommend that for a low key night. Prices for these meals - a little higher maybe 20 - 25% - which is a steal for the island

#4 Drinks on the beach and pool - if you want 1 drink a day - the bars are convenient. We saved a fortune buying our own (including soft drinks) and making drinks - even island drinks. The rooms are close to the pool and beach so it is easy to make a bar run to the room. The price of liquor was about 175% higher than what I have seen in the US. Even with that we probably saved a couple hundred dollars a day mixing our own.

#5 Breakfast and Lunch - we bought the food with the drinks all conveniently available at the grocery store a short walk from the entrance. People are so nice a person from the grocery store drove us back with our initial purchase because we had so much to carry. We just felt like we would spend the money on dinner and get through breakfast, lunch and snacks at the room. Although - there is a cool little coffee shop with tables outside that we biked too. We highly recommend for an early coffee - it is easy find turn right out of the hotel and it is between Southerby's and the bicycle shop.

Hope everyone has as much fun as we did!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ray H
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Overall this was a nice property. The breakfast was very limited and the rooms are sterile. They seem to have some communication issues on the service side. I wished they had an ADULT only pool. Please do not get me wrong we love children, just not all day everyday on vacation. There are several properties on the 12 miles of extremely beautiful beach that have better manicured grounds in more tranquil settings. We will be trying one of them on our next trip as the price here was comparable to many nicer properties.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Burt W
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed to hear that you found our grounds to be below your expectations. Our manicured gardens at Seven Stars receive many accolades and our guests regularly compliment us on Trip Advisor and other Guest Feedback Channels.

Seven Stars Resort is only five years old, nevertheless we are continually refreshing and upgrading our venues and suites. The color scheme is neutral so as not to take away from the breathtaking natural blues and greens from the ocean and gardens which is the true color scheme of the resort.

I am sorry to hear that you found our breakfast service to be inconsistent. We have since expanded our complimentary daily continental breakfast to include a variety of cold cuts, cheeses and smoked salmon.

The resort is a Kids friendly Resort with a well equipped Kids Club and playground which is separate from one of the largest and only heated Salt water pool on Island.

We have many offers available on our website and our rates include many amenities some other resorts do not. For example, complimentary amenities such as Daily continental breakfast, 24 hr access to the gym, Fitness programs including yoga, flood lit tennis courts, unmotorized water sports activities including sailing kayaking, windsurfing and paddle boarding, Poolside amenities and refreshments, Live Entertainment at our Deck Bar, Fleet of bicycles, WIFI, DVD and book Library.

Once again we would like to Thank you for choosing Seven Stars Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Respectfully

Rooms Division Maanger
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

For the week of March 10-17, I reserved 3 one bedroom ocean view suites and one two bedroom ocean view suite for my family so we could celebrate my mother’s 75th birthday and my sister’s 50th birthday. The accommodations and staff were superb during our entire stay and helped to make our family celebration truly special. Lunch at the beach side deck and dinners at Seven were excellent. The oceanview rooms are huge and have awesome panoramic views of the beach and the water.

My wife and I have been to T & C many times, but it was the first visit for the rest of my family and I know that they were delighted! Seven Stars was a true full service luxury resort, which is, in our experience a rarity on Grace Bay Beach.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are pricier, but given the awesome view, they are definitely worth it. I would...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RORY D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I just spent over a week at Seven Stars. The property was immaculate, there were employees constantly working to keep the grounds clean and beautifully manicured. The staff were all very nice, especially Claudine, the consierge, she was fantastic!

Our Junior Suite was very nice and I fell in love with the bathroom. We actually took pictures to show our contractor for when our new house breaks ground.

It was in probably the best location since it was in walking distance to restaurants, shopping and bars. The beach was very clean and you were able to take as many towels as you needed and it wasn't hard to get a lounger with umbrella at the beach.

My only complaint was price. I know all islands and resorts are costly, but this was ridiculous. Almost $20 for a drink and lunch over $60 for two people!!!! I could see if it was an island so far from the states or other civilization where the cost to have everything shipped there was great because of distance. However, being not far from Miami, the prices were robbery! Even a non-alcoholic smoothie was $11 and it wasn't even made from fresh fruit. It was made with a dash of strawberry and bananna syrup from a milk carton type container and ice. It probably cost 50 cents to make it. I hope they pay their employees well at least.

Besides cost, I would recommend Seven Stars. It's a great location, very clean, very friendly staff and beautiful property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chloenkitty
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Planning our honeymoon, we did a lot of research and found Seven Stars Resort in the heart of Grace Bay. Our stay exceeded our expectations! The resort is stunning! Everything is constantly kept up so while the resort is still new, they are constantly keeping the grounds and resort itself in top condition. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. We made so many friends with resort owners, guests and staff alike. We walked by other resorts and visited a few restaurants at other hotels, and it was clear Seven Stars was the best on the island. Lunches by the pool or served on the beach from the Sand Dollar are wonderful and The Deck has the best view on the island with fantastic food and drinks. The restaurant Seven is one of my top three restaurants. We have been to famous restaurants in New York, Chicago, LA and Miami, and Seven ranks up in the top with the best of the best! We met a few of the owners of the privately owned resort and they made the experience even better. They were all so friendly, gave wonderful recommendations for restaurants around the island and were a joy to spend time with during our stay. I could go on forever about the beautiful accommodations, wonderful concierge, complimentary benefits such as cabanas and non-motorized water sports, and the great food options - but your best bet is just to choose Seven Stars. We will be back and would never stay anywhere else! Thank you Seven Stars for the most romantic and wonderful honeymoon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple