I was attracted to this reosrt by the older reviews. I am a senior from New York and a little intimidated by left side driving. I travelled with 2 British young guys in early 20's so this would be a challenge for most locations to accommodate such varied ages. All of us were completely satisfied. The staff is the firendliest I have met in decades of travelling. The actual rooms are provided with all amenities, allowing for a family stay in comfort. I have not seen this at most resorts. We could catch our own food from the ocean and cook it or eat every meal at the new open air restaurant staffed by a first-rate chef. The pool and hot tub are steps from the rooms as is the ocen itself. The wi-fi was working, although required some tinkering by the staff. One really did not need to drive with the excelling dining onsite but with the provided rental car everything was within a 30 minute drive. The islands are just 3 hours flight from New York non-stop. The fishing, scuba and other sports kept the young men busy, whereas the close quiet beach was a joy to me. It is true, like in all tropics, that when the wind gets quiet insects can be a problem., This can be relieved with protective measures which I find better than sprayed chemicals coming in the windows at night as I have experienced elsewhere. The beach has no crashing waves so parents can feel secure in letting the kids play in safety. I never felt insecure at any time, although in any foreign country some caution is needed. Since only dollars are needed here, there was no change in exchange rates to make prices unreliable and the stores carried the usual goods seen at home. I cannot say that about most other islands in this area.. Obviously language is also no problem for the english-speaking. I would highly recommend this resort for those looking for a quiet, safe and non-touristy place to stay. I would only caution against reliance on the locak taxi's. The cars are safe and the drivers friendly but the prices make most city taxi's at home look like bargains. A 20 minute taxi ride for 2 people can easily cost $36 without the tip ! Driving is simple with no traffic so it makes sense to use the rental car. Roads are of the usual British Colonial quality - i,e, primitive but still
quite convenient and since the place is so small nothing requires a long drive anyway..
If you want a place with no one hawking you for your money, with a nice quiet ambiance, with attractions for all ages, and a feeling of being in a familar setting, then this is a place you would like. If you want formal dining, dancing, and partying with casino and nightlife, it's not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northwest Point Resort is located on 16 miles of white sand beach on the northwest marine park on the main island of Provo in Turks and Caicos. The resort is private, affordable and offers guests a relaxing vacation. With an oversized heated pool and jacuzzi tub the resort is ocean front. Condo's are fully furnished suites. Kitchen amenities include fridge, stove, washer dryer, dishwasher, King, Queen and single beds. Condos have multiple bathrooms and all of them have balconies with spectacular views of the ocean. The Caribbean inspired suites are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Linens are included and any offsite activities can be organized by our staff at the request of our guests. Enjoy strolling our private beach or relaxing on lounge chairs pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northwest Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwest Point Hotel Providenciales
- Northwest Point Providenciales
- Northwest Point Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales