“Excellent Dive Operation”
Review of Flamingo Divers

Flamingo Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Flamingo Divers is proud to offer truly small group diving. With a maximum of 8 divers on board, our professional PADI instructors are easily able to cater to all experience levels to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable dive experience. Daily 2 tank dives to all the premium dive sites including French Cay, West Caicos, Sandbore Channel, and Northwest Point. Private Charters available for a completely private and personalized dive trip. Complimentary pick ups from Grace Bay Hotels.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I had a great experience diving with Jayne and Mick. They were friendly and professional and made me feel safe - which was especially important to me as I was traveling solo. I liked that they keep their operation small and limit the size of the group to just 8 people. They also so a great job of clearly communicating everything from the boats' safety features to the dive plan, and even the communication prior to my arrival was very clear, helpful, and pleasant.
While they give divers freedom and trust/responsibility to follow their own plan & dive computer, they are also watchful and quick to offer assistance to those who prefer to stay closer to the dive leader. If you clearly communicate your needs/preferences, they seemed eager to work with you to ensure a fun, safe experience for you.
They took us to some great dive spots, and their experience level showed as they explained that the particular weather patterns were going to make for the best conditions at a certain location. We arrived to find only one other operator at that location; however the dive was excellent (sharks, eel, rays, turtle, lots of coral, etc.), and by the time we were preparing to leave the location had become packed with other boats vying for a nearby anchor.
With such a limited operation size, the boat is (predictably) small. If you are someone who requires a large luxury yacht as part of the experience, this is not for you. If you're just focused on a fun, safe dive with a friendly, helpful operator then I highly recommend checking out Flamingo Divers.

1  Thank gone2explore

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is the best diving experince I've had so far. Jayne and Micky are great divers and people, and the whole operation runs like clockwork. All equipment was ready to go, they offered great help and advice and took care of absolutely everything. The only thing I had to do was put on the mask, fins, and dive. The boat is small and fast so there's little time being wasted on logistics. Great dive, will definitely dive with them next time I'm in Provo! Thanks guys!!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Excellent Customer Service, I personally sought out this small, yet very professional operation based on reviews and a referral from Blue Divers in Grand Turk and I could not be happier to say that they most certainly upheld their reputation. I would recommend them highly to anyone who wish's to have a safe and very pleasurable dive among great people. Jayne and Mickey are extremely well versed in the diving as well as the area as a whole. 5 stars in my book.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Well, probably the most important aspect of any dive operator after safety is secured is the company on the boat. Are the shop operators going to huddle in a group after the orange slices are passed and gossip about who went home with whom after the latest boozy Friday night or will they take an active interest in the strangers they just met and their experience?
With Jayne and Mickey, you get direct attention from the pick up at your hotel to the drop off.

These are wonderful people whose repeat business/customers probably approaches 100% -I know I will be making a call before my next trip to Provo.

The boat maxes out at 8 people + the two dive ops and was full or nearly full for all 5 of my days during a quiet season and yet we saw much larger boats from other operators going out at the same dock with just one or two folks per boat. How can an out-of-the-way 2 person operation compete on a percentage level with the biggest shops on the island? Simple. An excellent mix of professionalism and people skills which both Jayne and Mickey have in excess.

As to the dives, well, how many times can a person say they saw sharks on nearly every dive (8/10), turtles, rays (including spotted eagle), and on the surface interval got to swim with a pod of dolphins? It is fantastic when it is stretched over an entire vacation...but it is just plain magical when you get it all in 1 day like we did.

Of course they can't promise the sharks...and I think the dolphins were a treat for even Mickey and Jayne but they know the reefs, they know the currents and tides, they know the behavior of the local animals (as much as anyone can), and they make their best effort to provide the biggest likelihood of a great dive. And even if we hadn't seen any big creatures, I'd still give these guys a 5/5.

My last two bits: 1) Book early because they fill quickly. 2) Don't let them get a shark hat or a flamingo hat on your head if you are an elected official or plan on running for public office in the future.

-Ryan

2  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Jayne and Nick pur host dive Masters were si nice and professionnals. They bring us diving to West Caicos which is ine the Best place were I dove

1  Thank Yvanbujold