“snuba adventure”

SNUBA Turks and Caicos
More attraction details
Owner description: SNUBA is a great way to see the marine life without having to take all the diving courses that can take up your valuable vacation time. Go 20ft underwater and view the amazing marine life that you can not see while snorkeling. Safe and easy for ages 8 and up.SNUBA/snorkel 1/2 day boat tours available from my new 38ft power catamaran. Big boat with small groups. If you are not SNUBAing with Jodi then you are not SNUBAing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“snuba adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took my 13 yr old daughter for her 1st underwater experience. The people where great with her. They took there time to explain how the equipment worked and showed her how to breath and made her feel relaxed and comfortable before she went into the water. Our first attempt was cancelled do to the strong currents but we were rescheduled when the weather cooperated. She had a great time and loved it and was not scared at all. We saw a lot sea life turtles, lobsters, parrot fish just to name a few and they took pictures of us underwater and were able to purchase the pictures. Jodi was great. would highly recommend this adventure and I would do it again if/when I return to Turks and Caiso

Visited July 2012
1 Thank adventerousOhio

Kansas City, Missouri
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A fun morning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had some trouble with the weather not cooperating while we were there. Jodi called to let us know the currents were too strong the day we had scheduled, but she worked with us to rebook 2 days later in a manner of minutes. The public access area at the coral gardens is easy to find with parking if you have a car.
We are PADI certified but had not scuba'd in a while, so we wanted to SNUBA before we went out again for a tank dive. The other 2 members of our party were new to any kind of diving. Jodi patiently walked everyone through the basics that were good reminders for us and good instruction for the nervous newbies.
The reef we toured around had starfish, turtles, some eagle rays (which were very cool) as well as various crustaceans and lots of colorful tangs. The coral was mature and hiding all kinds of little life forms that Jodi would point out during the dive.
We enjoyed ourselves and took several cool pictures. Jodi also took some quality photos that she emailed us after the dive. It was fun.

Rochester, New York, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Cool experience but wish we saw more!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

After a lot of consideration as to whether we should learn SCUBA on this trip, try SNUBA or do a snorkeling excursion, our group landed on SNUBA, especially given all the stellar reviews. Jodi gave us great directions to get us to the beach in front of Coral Gardens and we were glad we could lock up our personal belongings in her truck. She answered all our questions, and there were many (we have a very detailed, nervous Nelly in the group), and prepared us with some simple instructions before heading into the water. We had a few minutes to go under water and practice breathing before we went out.

In hindsight, I wish I took a few more minutes and really got comfortable. I have snorkeled before and did not expect to be uncomfortable breathing through a regulator, but I had the most trouble in the group. As Jodi pointed out, I was over-thinking it and even holding my breath. I saw the group taking off, I wasn't breathing right and my ears were hurting already (you only go down about 20 feet, but you have to pop your ears several times as you descend and while you are down there), so I had many things I was thinking about at the same time and got overwhelmed. I gave Jodi the signal she taught us to say I was panicking and she calmly showed me some tips underwater and then eventually surfaced with me. She told me to hang on to the back of the raft that carried the tanks and get comfortable breathing with my head just under water, almost as if snorkeling, and this would also let the group continue. This was great. I got comfortable with the breathing and knew I needed to give it another try or I would regret it. I had some more trouble with my ears as I went down, but I kept trying and eventually joined my group and was so happy that I did.

While the group didn't see anything especially cool (no turtles, stingrays, etc.), everyone agreed that it was an awesome experience. Many said they could've stayed down there all day. We did see a tiny starfish at the end that Jodi uncovered in the sand. I think what you see just depends on the day. She mentioned that the turtles were out earlier, but the snorkelers scared them away (it's a popular snorkeling spot as well).

The other bonus was that Jodi brought her own camera and took a few pictures of our group underwater and emailed them to us that night! She has a great camera - the pictures were so vibrant and clear. We brought our own underwater camera too. I only wish we tried to get a group picture underwater, maybe even before we left or at the end. But we were too focused on getting down there and having fun!

All in all, this was a great, fun experience and we were really glad we did it. Jodi is very patient, funny and was very accommodating to all of our comfort levels. Definitely give it a try!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My 9 year old son and I had a great time. Jodi was a wonderful guide and instructor. She sent us great photos of our day. Jodinwas very kind and knowledgable. This was a great value and time well spent. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Want to try it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I don't have any diving experience, and only some snorkeling. We weren't sure what to expect with SNUBA, but we really wanted to try -- and Jodi made it great! She provides a perfect balance of instruction with "you have to go ahead and do it to learn it." She maximizes the time you spend underwater, and she makes it very easy for each person to go at their own pace and comfort level. We saw sea turtles, a ray, a lion fish and some beautiful yellow snappers. Now that we know what we've been missing we want to try again! Highly recommend SNUBA tci with Jodi.