We learned about The Tuscany through Trip Advisor, and, thanks to the many positive reviews (and the fact that it is listed as one of the top ten resorts in the world), we booked for the week of July 17-27. We came with high expectations, and left having all those hopes surpassed! From the kind greeting and subsequent attentiveness shown by Shawnaemae Hall and the entire staff, to the impeccably kept grounds and condos, to the spectacular location on Grace Bay, this vacation was like something out of a dream.
The Tuscany is located on what has been named the best beach in the world on Grace Bay. There are several nice resorts on this very large stretch of beach; however, The Tuscany has the best location on the leeward side, near a deserted stretch of beach. There are plenty of activities within reach, like parasailing, paddleboard and kayak rental, and snorkeling adventures, but the resort is distant enough from these activities so that you don't hear the constant hum of motorboats. In fact, we never once saw a jet-ski. The water is what everyone says -- amazing and very much like a warmed swimming pool, but without the chlorine. Since there are only 30 units (all oceanfront), there was never a problem getting beach chairs and umbrellas. In fact, there were times when we were the only ones out there at all. July is "off-season", but we never had problems with the weather. Even when it rained, which was seldom, it passed quickly. We usually don't like wind, having had to brave the Santa Anas of California, but the wind on this island is a welcome relief from the heat, and could more accurately be called an ocean breeze. The water is calm in Grace Bay, with only small wakes caused by distant boats or the ocean breeze. There are no rip-currents or "red-flag" reasons to avoid the water. You do need to watch your step into the water because of the odd shell or rock, but otherwise, no need for reef shoes and the sand is soft and white.
The facilities are quality-built; in fact, we are getting ready to remodel our home and could not help but admire the attention to detail -- crown moldings, solid core doors, etc -- that went into the building. We had a fully-stocked kitchen (good idea to make a stop at the IGA on the way in -- be ready to pay 3x as much for food as in the States). The maids really do wash your dishes if you leave them in the sink, although we tried to use the dishwasher so as not to add to her work. The staff move about the property like discreet professionals. There are two nice BBQ grills available outside, they leave water in the room every day and provide coffee for the coffeemaker, and we were even surprised to find a full size washer and dryer in our condo (great to go home with clean clothes!)
Tennis rackets and bikes are readily available to check out at no charge, and a small DVD and reading library is also included.
Shawnemae made reservations at Coco Bistro in advance (recommended even before you arrive), and she also was on the phone first thing in the morning when Provo Ponies opened to try to get us a spot. When she learned it was booked for the week, she cleverly put us on the "waiting list" and they came through!
If you are looking for an action-packed place to party, The Tuscany is not for you. However, if you are looking for a quiet, luxurious resort on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world where you are treated as if you own the place, then look no further!
We had the most amazing 10-day vacation celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, and although so sad to leave, we know that we will make a point to come back some day.
(PS - If you are going to hire a professional photographer, which we thought of very last minute and are so glad we did, then call Jon Nickson of eyespice.com
He is amazing. We are not photogenic, but he made us look like models -- don't know how he does it, but maybe it's his friendly personality that brings out the best in people's smiles. Best decision ever!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privacy, luxury and intimacy are excellent words to describe The Tuscany - a luxury boutique resort offering 30 luxury suites. Located on Grace Bay Beach The Tuscany features an Italian inspired courtyard and European style swimming pool, a lighted tennis court, and a fully equipped gym. All suites are oceanfront, with an open concept living area and bedrooms feature an en-suite bath. Both living area and master suites feature panoramic ocean views and floor-to-ceiling windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Resort Providenciales
- The Tuscany Turks And Caicos/Providenciales