“Wonderful family vacation”

Aquamarine Beach Houses
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a family reunion at Aquamarine Beach Houses over New Years 2013. Our family consists of 19 people, including 9 grandkids ages 6 to 18. We rented both levels of the Sanddune Villa, as well as a one bedroom unit. This was the perfect place for our reunion. Being right on the beach at Grace Bay allowed everyone to enjoy swimming and snorkeling steps away from the villa. The grandkids were also able to play together in front of the villa without disturbing other guests.

The units were well maintained and cared for. The kitchens were well supplied with everything necessary to cook for 19. When we need something extra, we were able to borrow it from John and Paula Lang who own this wonderful place.

Everyone in the family thinks this reunion was the vacation of a lifetime. This was the sixth visit to Aquamarine Beach Houses for my wife and I. I would highly recommend Aquamarine Beach Houses to anyone that would like to get away in a private, relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tthawk

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We just returned from a week at ABH's to celebrate my 50th birthday. I chose this place because of all the great reviews. We stayed in the beach level of the Sea breeze unit. As soon as we arrived, Paula made us feel very welcome. She is an amazing hostess and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable.
We loved the location of that unit to the beach. It is small but never felt cramped. It had just enough room for us and was very well equipped. We spent most of the time outside anyway! We did use a kayak one day and did some snorkeling. The water is so beautiful and the beach is fantastic. Wasn't crowded at all.
We did pack some food and snacks then shopped at the local IGA. Bought beer at The Wine Cellar (cheaper than the IGA.) FYI if you come in on a Sunday, no alcohol sold in stores but Paula did help us out!The only things I wish I would have brought was a light jacket and pants (got pretty cool at night for me) and some bug repellant (mosquitoes always find me, my husband wasn't bothered at all!).
We rented a car and glad that we did because we used it everyday. Driving was a bit scary and it took some time getting used to the car and driving on the opposite side. Went to The Tiki Hut, Shark Bites and Miss Moonies (our favorite for conch fritters). Also walked to a 'fish fry' on Thursday that was held at the park right next door. Had great live music, food, and drinks.
The airport (the only down side of the trip) is extremely busy and small! Heard it would be expanded soon, it needs it !
This was just what we were looking for. A quiet, relaxing week with no frills or crowds. All of the great reviews were correct and the pictures are what it looks like, but of course, not as beautiful as being there! We will be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deezer1
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing stay at the Aquamarine Beach Houses in December 2012. The location is absolutely beautiful (very private and located right on the beach, but within walking distance to various restaurants) and the entire staff was friendly and accommodating (recommending things to do / places to go / etc.). It was a perfect vacation and I'd highly recommend staying at the Aquamarine Beach Houses to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ktapscott
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The most amazing location on the island. Coffee in the morning at the Green Bean to start each day. Lots to do right on the property and no better views or private beach can be found. Crystal clear warm waters and a gentle breeze are the norms. I am not sure how many return trips I have made to Provo but this is my favourite for sure. I enjoy cooking my own BBQ steak, drinking the wine I bought at the grocery store and doing so at my own pace. One night there was a local fish fry at the park next door which was awesome. If you prefer to dine out the choices are endless. My 6 year old daughter thinks this is paradise. One time we rented the Sand Doon with its 8 bedrooms for an extended family vacation of a lifetime. Paula genuinely wants you to enjoy your time there and makes you feel welcome and at home. Ample privacey and unhurried pace. You can make this location into anything you want!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ward E
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking for our first tropical getaway in years without the kids. Wanted the beautiful beach, but also the kind of solitude you can't find at a big resort. Usually that means forgoing a lot of ammenities and conveniences, but at Aquamarine, Paula thinks of everything and bends over backward to make sure her guests are comfortable and happy. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shorewriter12
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Awesome place!!! Very private with a beautiful long beach and great location....My husband and I were looking for a relaxing place for our honeymoon (part II) and now I wish we went there for the first part! It was honestly a perfect place to go unwind and just relax. It was nice to have the choice to go out and eat or just eat in. Paula had all the "details" sorted out so we didn't have to worry about anything....even down to a loaner cell phone for dinner reservations/emergencies. I would highly recommend asking Paula to refer her massage therapist. She was awesome. We will definitely be visiting again! I honestly can't wait.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy A
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were looking for a beach vacation in a kid-friendly spot. We chose Provo and the Aquamarine Beach houses based on the stellar TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We were there in late Feb 2013 and stayed in the Sand Dune house on the first level with our two girls (3.5 years and 10 months).

Paula was amazing, on-site and so attentive. She provided a local cell-phone, high chairs for the kids, infant tub, and great tips and advice. The unit was comfy and clean (and cleaned daily by the attentive staff, which was great). The property in general is well-kept and super close to the beach. We loved being at beach level, right by the pool, and the kids were able to play in the sand right out the back door. There were tons of families with kids there so it was easy to let them play.

It was less than a minute walk to the beautiful (and mostly secluded) beach. Again, we had most everything we needed, including shade structures, towels, chairs, beach toys, and snorkel gear. The snorkeling was phenomenal and so easy. Just a quick 2 minute swim out and we saw turtles, lion fish, tons of coral and fishes. The IGA market was a short drive away (better to drive than walk) and had most everything you'd need (but expensive). We grilled most nights and were pleasantly surprised by the generous gift of a fresh-caught red snapper from Paula's husband on our last night. We were so sad to leave that we actually forgot our jackets and Paula was kind enough to drive to the airport and drop them off. It was really above and beyond.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family