We loved staying at Reef Residences. We have three kids ages 9, 7 and 3. The condos are clean and spacious. The quiet atmosphere is wonderful. It is not a pretentious place and the other travelers we met staying at Reef Residences were very nice. We went to the IGA and stocked up and cooked most meals in as lunch can run easily $100.00 for not much. Drinks at the local bar run as high as $15.00 for a rum. So... buy your own at IGA and save your money. We enjoyed the amazing courtyard for each meal and were able to admire the lush and gorgeous flowers, birds, and lizards. We couldn't hear any noise other than birds singing as we sipped hot coffee awaiting another fabulous day at one of the most gorgeous beaches we have visited. We have travelled extensively throughout the Caribbean. We have snorkeled in Tobago Cays, Puerto Rico, St. John, St. Maarten, Dominican Republic, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Bahamas, etc. The snorkeling on the Bight at Grace Bay is some of the finest we have ever seen. Even though my husband referred to it as "the elevator" of tourists, we still saw huge spotted eagle rays, scorpion fish, barracudas, french angles, large Jack's, grouper, snapper, conch, sea turtles, trunk fish and queen parrots, etc. The color of the coral was intense and a welcome sight as so much of the coral throughout the Caribbean seems to be in decline. The staff at Reef Residences were helful, genuine and very friendly. We like the laid back pace of Reef Residences. We are not the type to pay $500 or $1000 a night for some "swanky" hotel that are a dime a dozen and can be found anywhere. The point for us on this vacation was to experience the outdoors as much as we could and where we slept and ate was secondary. We hope the T & C continues to offer accomodations such as Reef Residences to cater to more laid back travelers. The condos were affordable, clean and reasonable accomodations and easy access to world class snorkeling and beaches. The only drawback of Reef Residences is that the laundry is not in the condos but housed in a small room behind the condos and costs about $4.00 per load. As a trained chef, I noticed the condo severly is lacking in good quality cookware, knives, etc. No garbage disposal either so be prepared to throw food in the trash as opposed to the sink. No tupperware, glassware or other storage so if you are coming and want to save food in something, better bring some from home or purchase at the IGA. Other than that the only other slight complaint is the beds were a bit uncomfortable but when you are in paradise you have to go with the flow... We really enjoyed our stay. We came for the beach, the sea, and good times with our kids. We would definitely recommend Reef Residences to other people traveling with friends or family who are not afraid to cook breakfast and lunch in their condo and want a very tranquil and laid back place to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These 24, two-level Bermuda style residences embrace the charm of the islands. At the center of the three buildings is a free-form pool and whirlpool Jacuzzi. The tranquil atmosphere includes lavish landscaping of fragrant frangipani, hibiscus, brillian bougainvillea and palms. All suites have fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances, living rooms, dining area, bedroom with king-size bed and master bathroom. The lower level suites have a second bathroom with a shower. A spa and fitness center featuring state-of-the-art health club equipment is located on site. Daily maid service is included. The famous snorkeling reef is a 200 ft. walk down a paved walk way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Reef Residences on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales