We had never been to TCI before, and did extensive research, mostly on Trip Advisor's forums, on the resorts along Grace Bay. The Somerset was exactly what we wanted in a resort.
Although it is very elegant and upscale, The Somerset is low key and rather understated. The guests were a mix of couples, families, and small groups of friends. All of the children were exceptionally behaved. Although we have kids of our own, we try to avoid resorts that market themselves as "family-friendly." Anyone who is considering staying at The Somerset should not be afraid of it being overrun by kids. This is a quiet and relaxing resort.
The resort is small and beautiful, with a nice layout. We stayed in Stirling House, which looks out on the pools. Although we had requested an upper level room, we were given a first floor room, which had no ocean view. :(
The room itself was great. It was extremely large and had everything we needed. It was very nice to stay in a condo type of unit instead of a traditional hotel room (with just beds and a bathroom). There was plenty of room for everyone, and having a full kitchen was especially nice.
The pools and beach around The Somerset were magnificent. It might have been related to us being there in June, but things were never crowded. We often felt like we had Grace Bay to ourselves.
Most of the staff at The Somerset were very, very nice. They took special interest in our kids and made them feel welcome. Warren, Eva, Nadine and Winston were especially warm and helpful.
We would go back to The Somerset in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 4.6 Acres of the world-famous Turks and Caicos beach, The Somerset on Grace Bay is an intimate luxury resort where couples and families alike enjoy treasured times together. The five-star resort features 53 one- to five-bedroom luxury villas ranging from 1,400 to 5,300 sq. Ft. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. Two restaurants and bars, two freshwater pools, fitness center, full service spa with in-suite spa services, a range of activities on land and sea, complimentary Caicos Kids Club, and concierge services complement your family vacation, group getaway or romantic interlude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales