After much research into where to go on my initial Caribbean vacation I decided on T&C. Once I'd made that decision it was time to decide where to stay. I poured over tripadvisor and expedia and orbitz reviews for all of the hotels along Grace Bay Beach, to the point of analysis-paralysis. Weeks of looking at reviews and photos of all the hotels on the travel sites and on Oyster, and then I finally made the decision to go with the Somerset as the best combination of luxury for the price, and I was not disappointed for one minute.
Visited from July 23-28th of 2013.
Everything from arrival to departure was phenomenal. Picture perfect. The facilities looked exactly as they look in the pictures on Oyster, which I wasn't expecting to be honest. I expected to be let down a little, and was thrilled when I wasn't.
Room: My room was perfectly comfortable, although to be honest the only time I was in it was to go to bed (since I was on a solo trip). I thought I might check out the TV, but never ended up doing that. Wi-Fi signal was a bit weak in my room at the front of the property, but was able to get done what I needed to.
Lachelle was great! She setup all my activities for me in advance and even dealt with some confusion on the part of one of them. Everything went smoothly.
The workout facilities did the trick, if you need to workout on vacation.
Several nice areas (front porch, breezeway through to the pool/beach) to sit and read out of the sun if you'd like. Croquet lawn is a nice touch, saw some kids playing out there.
Landscaping and buildings all look beautiful.
Luna: Good lunch food and drinks, service either inside, poolside, or on the beach. Definitely hope "Five Star" is there making the drinks, he's a character. Paula took good care of all my food needs.
O'Soleil: Continental breakfast every morning was more than enough for me (banana bread was a highlight!), but others might want to order an actual meal. I can't comment on their other breakfasts because I never had one. Ate dinner here my second night and it was quite good. Definitely in the pricier-strata of island restaurants, but delicious.
Tuesday night beach BBQ buffet: BBQ dinner on the beach? What's not to like? The food was good and it's "all you can eat" so you can eat plenty of it. Make sure you try the corn, and save room for the desserts.
Great amount of frontage and more than enough chairs and umbrellas (at least during the off-season for tourists) on a beautiful stretch of Grace Bay. Absolutely nothing to complain about here.
I had lofty expectations for my first Caribbean vacation, and the Somerset was a big part of my vacation exceeding my expectations, so I'm confident that I'll be back many times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 4.6 Acres of the world-famous Turks and Caicos beach, The Somerset on Grace Bay is an intimate luxury resort where couples and families alike enjoy treasured times together. The five-star resort features 53 one- to five-bedroom luxury villas ranging from 1,400 to 5,300 sq. Ft. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. Two restaurants and bars, two freshwater pools, fitness center, full service spa with in-suite spa services, a range of activities on land and sea, complimentary Caicos Kids Club, and concierge services complement your family vacation, group getaway or romantic interlude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, West Indies, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales