We stayed at the Windsong this March and fell in love with the Island. Expensive, but so worth it. The water is spectacular, as are the beaches. However, the beach in front of the Windsong is the most narrow part of Grace Bay. This might be o.k. except for the fact that because the coral reef is right in front, people from all over Grace Bay plunk there stuff in front of the Windsong to snorkel. Beaches is right next door and there is a constant flow of people with the unmistakable green towels using the Windsong's limited beach chairs to hang out and snorkel. Being that the beach is not vast to begin with, it feels very congested at times. Charles, the beach attendant and probably one of the kindest people you will ever meet, can not possibly keep up with the constant influx of people. For example, we noticed him asking people how long they intended to stay when they plunked down on the chairs next to us and they told him 15 minutes. The very big group from beaches ended up spending the better part of the afternoon-their kids even went in the pool area. We discussed the situation with another couple staying at the resort and decided that Beaches clientelle must believe the whole island is all-inclusive. On another day a couple came down from the public access right next to the hotel-must of parked there. They walked over, grabbed white towels from the bin and spent the afternoon going from the pool to the beach as if they were staying at the resort-Charles even brought them water. They later left via the public access-they were most definitely not guests of the Windsong. This is a big issue when you have a small beach with limited beach chairs/umbrellas. It does not feel private at all! The resort is also the location for Snuba on the island(which is awesome..a must do). However this adds to the traffic in and out of the resort as the office to rent snorkel and snuba is right next to the pool. Being tourism was down this year I shudder to think what the traffic will be during busier times. We were not the only guests who were unhappy to share their resort with the rest of Grace Bay.
Windsong has gorgeous rooms, awesome views, and a charming, gracious staff. It is such a shame that other people take advantage of their kindness.
Incidently, we walked down to look at the Sommerset and Regent Palms-they are right next to each other. The beach attendant at both properties did not allow us to look until we explained who we were and what are intentions were. We were then escorted around and shown rooms at both. The pools at both are incredible- my fav was the Palms with a stunning infinity edge on the ocean side and winding lagoon style. The beach in front of these properties is huge and felt very private. It's just a short walk to the reef to snorkel...as everyone does.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsong Overview A repeat favorite for guests, Windsong is a refreshingly intimate, Caribbean beachfront resort located on Grace Bay and Providenciales’ best coral reef. The resort enjoys exclusive TCI membership in Preferred Boutique Hotels and is a Trip Advisor “Top 25 Caribbean Hotel.” Daily Continental breakfast, WIFI, non-motorized watercraft, bicycles, fitness center, underground parking, and chilled water and towels--both beachside and at the oceanfront pool--are complimentary. Relaxing spa treatments, romantic candlelight beach dinners, Jojo’s refreshing libations and menu selections, and scheduled entertainment delight Windsong guests. All accommodations offer kitchens or kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Selections include 250 sq. ft. -- 4,480 sq. ft. and range from standard rooms, to studios, to exquisite 1-4 bedroom oceanfront and penthouse suites up to 4,480 sq. ft. Additionally, Windsong offers a unique, private oceanfront villa with a trellised oceanfront terrace and private plunge pool. All Windsong Rooms Include:Non-smoking rooms with keyless entryMarble flooring & ensuite baths10’ Ceilings & custom cabinetryPillowtop beds with Hilden linensFrette towels & bathrobesBvlgari toiletriesFlat-Screen/LCD/HD/Cable TVDVD • I-pod docking station • Alarm clock Room-controlled air-conditioningIn-room safe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Windsong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsong Hotel Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales