My husband and I came to the WindSong for our honeymoon almost 4 years ago. Since then, we have traveled to many Caribbean destinations and have always thought the Turks and Caicos/The Windsong was the best. We decided to come back here for our babymoon before our baby arrives in November and of course, it was amazing again.
We love the resort because the rooms/bathroom/kitchen are clean and nice. We had 'butler' on hand at all times in case we needed a taxi to get into town or go to other restaurants. As much as I liked JoJo's Cafe for breakfast, I highly recommend you take a taxi and visit: Tiki Hut, Mango Reef Cafe (at the Alexandra Resort), or McGrufs (I think that was the name of it). Both are very local places and taste amazing. I highly recommend the fried conch. We asked the taxi cab driver and locals that worked the resort about places we should eat.
We had an ocean view suite and it was amazing. They also now provide services to buy groceries for you before your arrival (you can order online the week before). There are kitchenettes so you can fix breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. We had breakfast, and drinks so we could stay in the room if we wanted to take our time.
One part we love about the resort is the snorkeling. The reef is RIGHT off the resort shore, so there was no need for us to go on an excursion. You can rent snorkel gear, but I highly recommend buying a pair off Amazon (that's what we did). The only downside, more and more people from other resorts are walking over to swim around the reef. They also take up lounge chairs/etc by the reef area (please note management! I would give a less star because of it, but hopefully that will change in the future). Once it hits around 10-11am, it's pretty crowded by the reef and the fish become afraid with all the activity. My advice, get up early and snorkel so you can enjoy all the fish/sting ray/sea turtles.
Once our little girl gets a little older, we will surely come back.. hopefully with family next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsong Overview A repeat favorite for guests, Windsong is a refreshingly intimate, Caribbean beachfront resort located on Grace Bay and Providenciales’ best coral reef. The resort enjoys exclusive TCI membership in Preferred Boutique Hotels and is a Trip Advisor “Top 25 Caribbean Hotel.” Daily Continental breakfast, WIFI, non-motorized watercraft, bicycles, fitness center, underground parking, and chilled water and towels--both beachside and at the oceanfront pool--are complimentary. Relaxing spa treatments, romantic candlelight beach dinners, Jojo’s refreshing libations and menu selections, and scheduled entertainment delight Windsong guests. All accommodations offer kitchens or kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Selections include 250 sq. ft. -- 4,480 sq. ft. and range from standard rooms, to studios, to exquisite 1-4 bedroom oceanfront and penthouse suites up to 4,480 sq. ft. Additionally, Windsong offers a unique, private oceanfront villa with a trellised oceanfront terrace and private plunge pool. All Windsong Rooms Include:Non-smoking rooms with keyless entryMarble flooring & ensuite baths10’ Ceilings & custom cabinetryPillowtop beds with Hilden linensFrette towels & bathrobesBvlgari toiletriesFlat-Screen/LCD/HD/Cable TVDVD • I-pod docking station • Alarm clock Room-controlled air-conditioningIn-room safe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Windsong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsong Hotel Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales