We stayed at the Windsong Feb 5-14, 2014, and had a wonderful time. Though we had booked an oceanfront studio we were upgraded without asking to a one bedroom oceanfront suite. It ws fantastic! Huge! Our large bedroom had a king size bed with end tables a large chest of drawers, and a tv. The room had a walk in closet with a safe, plenty of hangers, robes and slippers. The bathroom off the bedroom had two sinks, drawers, and plenty of counter space for our toiletries. there was a full kitchen with a large refrigerator, full stove, dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker. We did make one trip to the supermarket and ate in 3 nights out of nine. included were detergent, sponges, paper towels, coffee packets and tea bags, utensils and pots and pans. The living room was bright and spacious with a large flat screen TV and sliding doors to our outdoor patio overlooking the pool and beach. The washer/dryer was full size and there was even a second full bathroom. The studios are much smaller and only have a microwave and half refrigerator - we definitely would not have enjoyed our stay as much with our original accommodation.
The resort is everything other reviewers have said- well maintained, conveniently located right on Grace Bay within easy walking distance to other restaurants, with the reef right in front of the hotel for snorkeling. The beach is gorgeous- fine white sand with not a piece of seaweed in sight, and long enough to suit even the most avid walker. The water is on the cool side, but not cold. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - Ian at the front desk, the wait staff in the restaurant, Akeem at the water sports desk. Other reviewers complained about a lack of beach towels, but that was never a problem. Nor were Mosquitos or other bugs. Also, we were pleasantly surprised by the food at their restaurant- Jo Jos. Not gourmet, but good burgers and salads at a reasonable price.
We were there during the 24 hour all-island power outage, and the hotel handled it extremely well. We were each given a flashlight, but the generator was working so there were emergency lights, hot water, and the kitchen was fully functioning. Not all the other hotels did as good a job I heard.
This was our first trip to the Turks and Caicos, but we have been to many other Bahamian and Caribbean islands over the past 25 years. All have pros and cons. It is wonderful to be able to fly direct from NYC in just three hours. The hotel was great and the beach is one of the best. But both food and taxis are very expensive, and though there are restaurants nearby, one gets to them by walking on the beach in the dark on the soft sand. Taxis are abut $10 each way to any restaurant- even for a short trip. BTW- we like Cedrick's CeCe taxi service the best. For restaurants, we liked Mango Reef and Magnolia. Didn't love Coyaba, though I would rexommend going there for their banana dessert.
We would highly recommend the Windsong. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsong Overview A repeat favorite for guests, Windsong is a refreshingly intimate, Caribbean beachfront resort located on Grace Bay and Providenciales’ best coral reef. The resort enjoys exclusive TCI membership in Preferred Boutique Hotels and is a Trip Advisor “Top 25 Caribbean Hotel.” Daily Continental breakfast, WIFI, non-motorized watercraft, bicycles, fitness center, underground parking, and chilled water and towels--both beachside and at the oceanfront pool--are complimentary. Relaxing spa treatments, romantic candlelight beach dinners, Jojo’s refreshing libations and menu selections, and scheduled entertainment delight Windsong guests. All accommodations offer kitchens or kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Selections include 250 sq. ft. -- 4,480 sq. ft. and range from standard rooms, to studios, to exquisite 1-4 bedroom oceanfront and penthouse suites up to 4,480 sq. ft. Additionally, Windsong offers a unique, private oceanfront villa with a trellised oceanfront terrace and private plunge pool. All Windsong Rooms Include:Non-smoking rooms with keyless entryMarble flooring & ensuite baths10’ Ceilings & custom cabinetryPillowtop beds with Hilden linensFrette towels & bathrobesBvlgari toiletriesFlat-Screen/LCD/HD/Cable TVDVD • I-pod docking station • Alarm clock Room-controlled air-conditioningIn-room safe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windsong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsong Hotel Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales