Great choice! We were VERY happy with the Windsong. I studied reviews for months before we selected the Windsong, and it totally lived up to our expectations. We had a one bedroom ocean front suite on the 2nd floor and were thrilled with it! I’m picky and it was not only nice, but very clean. Absolutely get an ocean front, if you can—totally worth the extra money per night if you like hanging out on a large balcony at different times relaxing with the ocean right in front of you. The free continental breakfast was great, and the last couple of days rather than going down to eat breakfast, we called down our order, picked it up, and ate on our balcony—so enjoyable! The white sand beach is beautiful and the water is turquoise like the pictures. Good snorkeling right out front on the reef so you can walk in and snorkel anytime for however long and then back in your chair, walk the beach, etc…But, if you can afford it, I would recommend taking a snorkeling excursion to see more. The service was fabulous as well, and although everyone was so nice, we totally loved Royalton, Alisia, and Akeem (hope to see you all again someday!!). They were so very friendly/nice, but quiet and reserved people!! Although you will not be treated one ounce differently if you don’t tip, we believe it’s appropriate, and what we did was take an extra like $70 in $1’s and some $5 bills so we always had them handy when someone served us a drink on the beach, brought us our luggage to the room, served us our continental breakfast, cleaned our room, helped us reserve a tour, gave us our towels on the beach, etc., and we normally gave $2-$3 each time. This way you will have it handy, it’s budgeted for, and you don’t have to think about it. We were told that 15-20% gratuity was fairly standard for dining at the Windsong and elsewhere on the island, and we followed that. We took a taxi to the grocery store the first day and picked up a few things for snacks, etc., but mostly ate out. The bottles of wine they provide in the room, if you want it, is close to what you would pay for the same wine at the liquor store. Oh, and the island is incredibly safe!! If you can, go to the island barbeque that they have on Thursday nights--you can walk down the beach to it from the Windsong as it's really not that far, a nice walk, and fun! If you do, maybe use mosquito wipes on your legs as I did get a few sand bug bites, but no big deal and that may be hit or miss. ENJOY!! I know you will. Wish it was my turn to go again, but we do hope to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsong Overview A repeat favorite for guests, Windsong is a refreshingly intimate, Caribbean beachfront resort located on Grace Bay and Providenciales’ best coral reef. The resort enjoys exclusive TCI membership in Preferred Boutique Hotels and is a Trip Advisor “Top 25 Caribbean Hotel.” Daily Continental breakfast, WIFI, non-motorized watercraft, bicycles, fitness center, underground parking, and chilled water and towels--both beachside and at the oceanfront pool--are complimentary. Relaxing spa treatments, romantic candlelight beach dinners, Jojo’s refreshing libations and menu selections, and scheduled entertainment delight Windsong guests. All accommodations offer kitchens or kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Selections include 250 sq. ft. -- 4,480 sq. ft. and range from standard rooms, to studios, to exquisite 1-4 bedroom oceanfront and penthouse suites up to 4,480 sq. ft. Additionally, Windsong offers a unique, private oceanfront villa with a trellised oceanfront terrace and private plunge pool. All Windsong Rooms Include:Non-smoking rooms with keyless entryMarble flooring & ensuite baths10’ Ceilings & custom cabinetryPillowtop beds with Hilden linensFrette towels & bathrobesBvlgari toiletriesFlat-Screen/LCD/HD/Cable TVDVD • I-pod docking station • Alarm clock Room-controlled air-conditioningIn-room safe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Windsong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsong Hotel Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales