“Tropical Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Providenciales
South Florida, Florida
“Tropical Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We arrived on Saturday and took a taxi from the airport to the resort. Be prepared to pay $45 plus tip to the hotel.

This small resort has only 50 rooms which made the environment relaxing and peaceful. We booked an oceanfront one bedroom suite that was just perfect! Very upscale room with an unbelievable view from the third floor balcony. We had the staff stock our kitchen with breakfast and lunch items before our arrival in case we wanted to eat-in. The bedding in our suite was amazingly comfortable! Our room had paperback books and there were board games and dvd's in the lobby as well.

The staff was on their game for our full visit. They were very helpful with dinner reservations and getting taxis for us. They also made our reservations for the excursions that we took. The staff attendant named Charles was just outstanding. He took care of most every detail from getting drinks to offering warm towels for us.

There is a small cafe on site called JoJo's that serves a good breakfast and lunch. They also serve up great tropical drinks!

The beach is gorgeous and within just a few feet of our beach chairs was the most beautiful reef for snorkeling. There is an onsite company that rents snorkel gear for $5.00 per day. They also have Snuba gear and kayaks. The pool and spa is heated during the fall months which was great as we had one cooler day that made the pool inviting.

We agreed that this resort is geared toward couples. We only saw one small child the entire stay. There is a "chain" resort down the beach that is more geared for families. If you are looking for a luxurious, relaxing, peaceful resort, this is the resort for you! Outstanding!

Room Tip: Try to get a 3rd floor ocean front suite. You won't regret the exxtra $$.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VolDawg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My first trip to anywhere in the caribbean outside of Jamaica. I totally and immensly enjoyed it. I travelled by myself but I was never lonely once I got to the island. The staff at the windsong resort are an excellent bunch. I was upgraded from a city view studio room to an ocean view suite. It was just amazing!!!!! and that was just the beginning. The front desk staff was instumental in making my stay very smooth. Ian at front desk had a complimentry phone for me to use during my stay as I needed to stay in touch with my children and family while I was away. As I had travelled on my own, I needed some one to take pics of me in this beautiful paradise and no one was more happier to handle that task than Charle.. Inbetween serving drinks on the beach and offering helpful info to anyone who needed it, he made himself available to take on my task of camera man. The staff @ jojo's cafe are friendly and inviting......Alicia, RJ, Jerome, WillieBounce, Judine...keep up the good work guys......to the guys @ the snuba shop......I can't even swim but Jody and OJ had me seeing under water aka snorkellin.....hahahah......Every single staff that I encountered durin my waaayyyy too short stay has been polite and has left a pleasant impression on me.....It's a definite yes that I will be verbally promotin windsong to my colleagues and my family.....It's also a definite yes that I will return in the near future with my children as they were so awed with my pics that I felt guilty that I hadn"t taken them in the first place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank CleopatraJ
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Arrived on a rainy day (first 2 days) however the trip from airport to hotel was easy taxi ($18) check in was quick and smoothe. We did read about others that was upgraded for free upon arrival, but since that was not offered, we asked if we could get an upgrade from "el cheapo" view to the ocean view...After a moment we were told that this could be done for the last 2 days at $175 a night (better than expedia) so we took it. Our first room did have a ocean peak window (from the bed) and the room was fine. Now to the food, yes we knew that there was little to choose from and ate at jojo's...ok. Next day we rented a car (call the front desk and they will hook you up in 10min) we drove to graceway for groceries it is what it is....Later that day we drove out to the conch shack and it was ok. Most of the food served is fried so i went for curry conch (better than fried) and later that night went to the casino. At the casino you can come casual (crocks/flip flops) so it was ok for a couple of hrs. We did see that they offer free pick up and drop off so don't bother renting a car for that. Now the weather is better and we enjoyed a half day trip "recommended by Charles" with snorkle and rum punch to catch our own conch and eat it seviche style, later to dive in 7000 feet deep ocean (awesome) and sand dollar hunt not to forget about the coral reef they take you to. Recommend you walk up the beach to "Mango's resturant" well worth the 25 min walk along the beach and food and service was good. We also ate at "Lemon" and it was great, go for the platter hummus, babaganouch, feta, olives, roasted pepper and pita...very good, also had the lamb burger fills you up:)
The ocean view room is awesome and as everybody recommends if you have the extra bucks go for it, you will not regret it, we can only wish we had more time in it. We did get a 2 bedroom 2 bath extra livingroom and off course the most beautiful view with the sliding doors that opens up the entire corner of the main living room. Yes, we would go back for the ocean and the views hard not to like this place. Listen......get the ocean view room and walk up the beach to different resturants for lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Walk up the beach to different resturants 20 - 30 min walk well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jcf133
Tremonton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Mom and I were looking for a new island to try out, one that wasn't so popular yet with tourists (many people I told where we were going never heard of TCI). When looking for lodging on Expedia, we always read reviews and Windsong had good reviews. The part that caught my attention to stay at Windsong was the reef for snorkeling was right there. When we got to the Windsong, we were shocked. BEAUTIFUL. Just what we like and more. It's not a huge resort, it's quiet, homey and CLEAN. We were there in off season, which made it seem even more like we were the only guests. The staff we met at the front desk remembered us each time we came in for a cab or info on tours, the staff that we didn't see as much also seemed to know who we were. I was more impressed with the snorkeling right out the door-at booking I was just thinking of how it would be nice to have a morning swim/snorkel each day-I ended up spending most of the time there in the water seeing way more than I anticipated. TCI is my new favorite island(s), plans are to return to Windsong each time, next year with ocean view and make use of the bicycles (we tried walking one night to Turtle Cove, not too bad but in the heat it's worth a cab fare or use the bikes).

Room Tip: quiet rooms, laid out so there's no noise from the neighboring room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dundas, ON, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We had a friends birthday party here and there were 5 couples. We rented one of the penthouses and a few other rooms. Definitely the penthouse with the roof top party area made the trip. We could cook our meals on the BBQ, hit the hot tube, and dance away the night under the stars. Since we were there in low season the bill split between the couples was very reasonable. Would highly suggest that room for a party. The other rooms were also nice but we did not spend a lot of time in them because we had the party room. The reef just off the beach was very good. Weather was perfect. Would also recommend the Provo golf course...but bring a few balls. No room to go off the fairway. Would also highly recommend cocos for a meal

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank DundasRick
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My girls and I decided to take a family vacation and the Windsong was the perfect choice. Our 1 bedroom suite was amazing, very large, comfortable and clean and the ocean view was spectacular. We just came back 2 days ago and really want to go back. Charles' name popped up quite a bit as I read the reviews prior to arriving. Now I understand why....he, by far, stands out as being excellant in service at the beach and pool. He was always smiling and was a joy to be around. One small concern..the elevator was broken, which is why I did not give it an "excellant rating." We were on the 2nd floor, so it wasn't a problem. We wanted a place to just sunbathe and pool play and this was the perfect place. Would we recommend it...absoulutely....will we go back....definitely!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. Worth having the oceanview!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

From the second we stepped into our luxurious ocean-front suite, until the moment we took our last glimpse of that turquoise blue water, we were hooked on Windsong. The staff was very nice...helpful without hovering and went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one. My husband and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and the maid even made us a big heart that said "I love you" out of purple island blossoms to greet us on our super-comfy king size pillow-top bed. The accommodations were so nice that we were sure they had put us in the wrong room! Charles stands out as the heart and soul of Windsong. I don't think I ever saw him without a smile on his face, even when he was hustling drinks back and forth to the pool and beach in the 90 degree heat. The continental breakfast that was included was quite nice and the snorkel equipment (all day rental for $5) was top quality-very comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone who wanted to visit Turks and Caicos. I want to go back...NOW!

Room Tip: We were in the corner ocean view suite (Room 234) and the whole corner of the suite opens to the bea...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple