We stayed at the Windsong from August 1st - August 8th for our honeymoon. We stayed in both the One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite (4 nights) and the One Bedroom Penthouse Suite (3 nights). We went in the off season (August) which I highly recommend because the hotel prices are cheaper, the island is less crowded, and it is easy to get a table at pretty much any restaurant without a reservation. I was very worried before we went about the weather being too hot but the breeze makes it very comfortable.
The Ocean Front Suite was fantastic and had two bathrooms, two outside seating areas, a flat screen TV with cable (American, British, and Canadian channels), a washer/dryer, a full kitchen, a seating area, a desk, and a dining table.
The one bedroom Penthouse Suite was amazing (and gigantic). It was almost too big for two people (e.g., there was probably seating for 25 on the private balcony) but it outstanding views, a full kitchen, a bathtub and a double shower, a desk, a gigantic closet, two TVs, a wine cooler, etc. The balcony had a great grill, a fridge, a private hot tub, four deck chairs, two sectional couches, two dining tables, etc.
The resort itself was very clean, well-maintained, quiet, and not too crowded. The staff were all very friendly (e.g., the front desk staff helped us arrange cabs and make dinner reservations almost every night).
The snorkeling right off of the resort was fantastic. We saw hundreds of fish/sealife including a pufferfish, an octopus, needlefish, schools of parrotfish, cowfish, stingrays, conch shells, many varieties of coral, etc. It was the best snorkeling that I have ever done so close to the shore. You can rent snorkel equipment for the entire day for $5 per person at the SNUBA shop. Grace Bay Beach is also amazing and the water is so beautiful.
Be warned that there is a 11% government tax on everything an a 10% service charge on almost everything related to lodging/eating out. So, budget an extra 21% of what you are quoted unless it explicitly states that the tax and service charges are included.
The prices at the grocery stores are really high since they have to import everything. I would highly recommend bringing your own liquor, sunscreen, snacks (e.g., granola bars), etc. It costs about $10 each way to take a cab to the grocery store, which is pretty close to the hotel (its probably a 15-20 minute walk each way). We stocked up on some staples and made our own breakfast/lunches/drinks each day.
Jojo's Cafe (the restaurant at the hotel) had good casual food and great drinks (the mint margarita and rum punch were especially good). You can get a free breakfast but you are pretty limited in your selections (e.g., you have to pay extra for eggs, bacon, etc.).
Cabs to any of the restaurants will cost you $10-$15 each way and cabs to/from the airport will cost $20-$25 each way.
There are many restaurants within walking distance of the Windsong. I recommend Somewhere Cafe (right next to the hotel) for a casual dinner or a great breakfast. We also walked to Bay Bistro (about a 20 minute walk each way down the beach) where we had amazing food. We had to take cabs to Coco Bistro (I definitely recommend going there...the food and atmosphere are outstanding), Bella Luna (don't recommend it), and Tiki Hut (great restaurant for families or if you are on a budget).
I also strongly recommend the half-day snorkeling/conch diving cruise. You can sign up for it in the Snuba shop located at the resort and they pick you up right on the beach.
I would definitely recommend the Turks & Caicos Islands and the Windsong for honeymoons/anniversaries/couples vacations. It would also be great for a group of friends to stay in one of the penthouse suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsong Overview A repeat favorite for guests, Windsong is a refreshingly intimate, Caribbean beachfront resort located on Grace Bay and Providenciales’ best coral reef. The resort enjoys exclusive TCI membership in Preferred Boutique Hotels and is a Trip Advisor “Top 25 Caribbean Hotel.” Daily Continental breakfast, WIFI, non-motorized watercraft, bicycles, fitness center, underground parking, and chilled water and towels--both beachside and at the oceanfront pool--are complimentary. Relaxing spa treatments, romantic candlelight beach dinners, Jojo’s refreshing libations and menu selections, and scheduled entertainment delight Windsong guests. All accommodations offer kitchens or kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Selections include 250 sq. ft. -- 4,480 sq. ft. and range from standard rooms, to studios, to exquisite 1-4 bedroom oceanfront and penthouse suites up to 4,480 sq. ft. Additionally, Windsong offers a unique, private oceanfront villa with a trellised oceanfront terrace and private plunge pool. All Windsong Rooms Include:Non-smoking rooms with keyless entryMarble flooring & ensuite baths10’ Ceilings & custom cabinetryPillowtop beds with Hilden linensFrette towels & bathrobesBvlgari toiletriesFlat-Screen/LCD/HD/Cable TVDVD • I-pod docking station • Alarm clock Room-controlled air-conditioningIn-room safe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Windsong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsong Hotel Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales