I recently stayed at an ocean front villa at Amanyara for five nights with a group of girlfriends to celebrate a milestone birthday. It was the most luxurious and relaxing vacation I have ever taken, so I felt like I had to write my first trip advisor review (long-time reader, first time writer!). I really loved everything about the place, but I'll try to highlight what stood out the most.
First, the architecture of Amanyara is just spectacular and truly elegant. The aesthetic is very modern, minimalist, and well tailored to the natural environment of the Turks and Caicos. You don't feel like you are in a resort at all, you feel like you are in zen heaven! The villas are totally private and the environment is so calm and quiet that you can't help but relax.
Second, the service is impeccable. I haven't had a lot of experiences where staff are available to attend to your every need, but I sure got used to it quick! I found everyone who worked at the resort to be genuinely kind, friendly, flexible and responsive to our requests. There were seven of us ladies all together, each with different dietary restrictions, activity interests, and big personalities, but the staff it all in stride and always found a way to meet everyone's needs - not an easy task, but they did it with grace and competence.
Third, the resort amenities and available activities are outstanding. We played tennis, went to the gym, swam in our gorgeous infinity pool, splashed around in the turquoise ocean waters (which were the most perfect temperature of any Caribbean waters I've been in - totally refreshing and not too hot, but wonderfully warm), watched movies and the world cup in the private theater, played board games in the library, went snorkeling, had exquisite cocktails at the bar, took off sailing and went island hopping. That said, I could have just stayed in our villa and hung out on the beach the whole time and would have been perfectly content. Just depends on the kind of vacation you want to have.
Finally, the food was to die for. We had a personal chef in the villa who whipped up the most amazing, fresh and healthy meals everyday. The food never felt heavy, but was always incredibly tasty and satisfying. We also ate at the restaurant, which was also super duper delicious and a bit more decadent.
Everything, just everything, was perfect and totally dreamy! It was really the best vacation I have ever been on. Thank you Amanyara!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales