First and foremost: Amanyara is a beautiful resort. Each room has its own very private and spacious cabin. The beach is quite pretty as is the pool and common areas..you can see all of this by visiting the Amanyara web site.
But we were a bit disappointed with our experience there. Our expectations were very high. At $2,000 a night -- not including food -- how could they not be? The food, while good, wasn't great. Also this resort is very isolated -- about 40 minutes by car from other restaurants and resorts. The weather while we were there didn't cooperate, and quite frankly, when it's not beach weather, there isn't much to do. If you're looking for the Caribbean experience of still, warm water, palm trees, a gentle (as opposed to strong) breeze, this might not be the resort for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales