The hotel design and architecture is stunning. The privacy is wonderful. The restaurant is high quality. The pool is beautiful. However, the beach is a far cry from Grace Bay Beach, and the location leaves you half an hour or more from anything else. So the restaurant that was wonderful the first night, still serving the same menu becomes tiring by about night three. The continental breakfast was great day one, but offered exactly the same four pastries all week. The limited lunch menu also did not vary from day to day. When the room costs $2000 a night, drink prices don't move the needle, but it was salt in the wound to be charged $18 for a mixed drink. The spa is nice, but treatments needed to be booked more than a day in advance (despite 30% resort occupancy).
In a way, this resort is the anti-Caribbean. Very little local food preparation, rarely any music (and what little there was sounded more like elevator music), extremely proper staff, most of which aren't from the area. It exhibits none of the wonderful spirit that is so present in most Caribbean resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales