We arrived at Amanyara on a 5 night Season of Discovery package. When we arrived in our room…it was above expectations (despite seeing pictures). It was modern, luxury & simplicity at it's best. The grounds are magnificent, the pool area is uber Chic with more than enough chairs and 3 daybeds that always seemed available. The beach is one of the finest beaches we have ever seen. Water, sand & tranquility - all perfected. It did not hurt that the weather was incredible and water was in the high 80s. While NOTHING here is inexpensive, they do not nickel and dime you once you arrive. Wifi - Phone Calls - Mini Bar - ALL beach activities including snorkeling, kayak, sailing, paddle boards are all included. Drinks - another story. Cocktails start at $19 and go up from there.
Tennis courts as well as an hour with a pro are included daily. They provide everything for you. You get around the property on bikes if you choose, if not - a phone call and then someone arrives in a golf cart within minutes. Spa - while very small, was wonderful. The GM, Sven was always around to make sure needs were being met. He was very engaging and knowledgeable about not only Aman, but the island as well.
Shortcomings (yes, there were a few)….While the food is delicious, the options seemed somewhat limited after day 3. The service at breakfast and lunch fell short of expectations at a 5 star resort. Some more training and quicker response time to simple needs could be helpful. Also…it's HOT and not many escapes from the humidity. The beauty of the resort is that it is almost all outside….at night, the heat and humidity can be a little taxing.
Overall…it was an experience of a lifetime. Strongly recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith and Travelocity so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales