My wife and I had a very nice stay at Amanyara, which was our second Aman experience. The pick up at the airport was seamless and we were ushered to a waiting white Land Rover for a private transfer to the resort. We were pleased that despite arriving with other Aman guests on our flight, there was no attempt to combine parties - everyone had their own vehicle.
We stayed in the "least" expensive pavilion, which was beautifully situated and very private, with only one other pavilion within sight across the pond. Given that this was early October, the resort was only about 30% occupied, which suited us just fine. The pavilions are all very private and a short walk or golf cart ride (just phone the front desk for a pick up) to the main facilities.
The beach is not particularly long, but is beautiful. We had lunch each day at the Beach Club, which was nice and played music in a nod to the American tourists that frequent the resort and are not as used to Aman's typical no music policy. On Friday and Saturday nights, there is also live music played near the main dining facility.
The food was very good and expensive, but we benefited from Amanyara's Season of Discovery package, which is offered in the off season and includes all meals. However, it is does not include drinks, which are very expensive - not surprised given that it is the Caribbean, but the wine list is not reasonable. This may have more to do with the economics of wine lists in a remote location such as this - nevertheless, the prices were eye-opening.
Overall, we had a great time and the Aman staff again impressed us with our request for private dining one evening - highly recommended at the Ocean Cove location.
Our pavilion was in good shape, but appeared to be aging a bit and is the sole reason for our Very Good, not Excellent rating - for this much money, the rooms should look as new as possible every time. In our opinion, there were some things that needed to be replaced and/or updated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, MrandMrsSmith and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales