“no need to say anything other than perfection”
Review of Amanyara

Amanyara
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
nyc
“no need to say anything other than perfection”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

from aman resort fans this is great to have without far flung travel need. we loved it and will try any aman that opens near to nyc. Have had the blessing of staying at Aman resorts around the world and if I could would have an "amanhead" t-shirt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjbirdie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This resort is beautiful! It has amazing ocean views and the common areas are well designed to provide a sense of luxury and privacy. One of my favorite parts of this trip was that even though there were plenty of other guests at the hotel, it never felt crowded. We stayed in a pool villa and loved having our own private plunge pool.
I had great experiences with the spa, where I had two massages, and both of the restaurants. The food is very expensive but I think that is something you have to accept before you go to the Amanyara. It is isolated from the rest of the island which means that you will end up eating most meals there. A ride into Grace Bay costs $110 round trip for the hotel to take you.
The staff made this trip for us. Everyone knew our names from the first day, and always greeted us when we came to the main hotel areas. The same woman served us breakfast everyday by the main pool and she was such a sweetheart. I got sick while we were there and the hotel called a doctor for me, and then sent a driver into town to pick up my medicine and bring it out to me on the beach. I can't tell you how great the service was.
The only negatives to this place are the isolated location (if you wan to see more of the island), the price tag, and limited options for activities. I'm giving the hotel only four stars because the last night we were there it rained all afternoon, and we had roaches in our pavilion that night. That is disgusting, but I'm not sure there is much they can do about it in such a tropical environment.

Room Tip: Pool pavilion!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AnneBradley
Providenciales
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had the most amazing weekend at the Amanyara Resort. The private transfer allowed us to relax right from the start. We felt like VIPs to be welcome upon arrival by a contingent of managers. The room amenity was a great touch. The room simply wonderful! Love the Amanyara bath products! We were most in awe with our private dining experience organized by Marco the GM for my husband birthday. The setting was absolutely gorgeous and we even had our own bonfire! This experience far exceeded our expectations. Food was great and all staff very attentive. We look forward to returning for another amazing stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa2003147399
New York
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I just had an extraordinary three-day weekend at the Amanyara Resort. I was met at customs by a representative from the hotel and whisked straight through to the car. I stayed in a Pool Pavilion with my own pool and personal butler the first night, which was unbelievable. As if it could get better, the staff graciously upgraded me and my girlfriend to an ocean view villa for our remaining time there which was spectacular. Isabella, our villa host was a delight, as was Andi, our villa chef, who cooked a delicious meal for us as we sat looking out at the stunning water. Our second villa host, Apri, treated us to specially mixed drinks and waited on our every need. I also can't leave out Jumadil, our other incredible chef. All of the food from start to finish was exceptional.

We also had the pleasure of visiting the incredible spa and enjoyed one of the best therapist I have ever encountered in Bhalia.

Overall, the luxurious beds, extraordinary food and staff made our little three-day vacation a once in a lifetime trip. Thanks to the GM Marco and his incredible staff for an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher B
Rome, Italy
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Amanyara is an otherworldly experience, a dream-like location to which you can only hope to return one day in this life. We had an truly amazing time and there were none of the problems I've seen others report here. Service was amazing from the pick-up at the airport to our final farewell. The beach is truly one of the best on the planet. The food would be classified top-notch but pales in comparison to the rest of the experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BeenThereD0neThatNYC
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Location: This place is honestly NOT difficult to find. If you look at the regular Provi tourist map, it is literally the only thing on the NW corner of the island, so you just follow Leeward hwy until you get to the traffic circle that will let you onto Millenium hwy, then there is NOTHING ELSE you will run into, until you get to Amanyara. On the map, there is a fork near the resort, one way leading to Malcolm Beach, the other to Amanyara. Like others have mentioned, there are no signs leading you to Amanyara, but if you just watch for the Malcolm Beach sign, that means you just take the OPPOSITE way. 40 minutes give or take from Grace Bay area. Absolutely rent a car if you are going to head here.

Ambience: Yes it is beautiful. Huge doors, mirrors, pillars. Minimalist but gigantic everything. You can watch the sunset and hear the ocean.

Service: Very good service, attentive, informative, polite, reasonably paced. Non stop bread-which I find odd for such an upscale restaurant, but hey why not.

Cost: Let's not kid ourselves, this place is pricey, but you would know that going in. Wines start at $30/glass and just go up from there. Cocktails $19+. Entrees start at $40, for vegetarian or not. Desserts $17+. Coffee $6. Appies $17+.

Food: I'd the vegetable green curry, it was THE BEST green curry I have ever had. It was almost like a curry bisque, just very creamy and delicious. Boyfriend had the grouper and he said it was good but probably not worth the cost he paid. Maybe the asian cuisine is the way to go? We also had the mango/cucumber maki, which was pretty standard fare, the best part was the fresh wasabi, and wasabi/mayo? paste along with it. For dessert we had the "almond rocks", which was house made almond ice cream covered in almonds, which was delicious, and I don't even like almonds.

Cons: Not sure if this is a true con, but maybe just observations. When you arrive at the resort, they do give you hand sanitizer and ask you use it, then when you park there is the area for the "rovers" and the "guests" which is just funny (are the guests of the resort, only allowed to drive rovers then?). They do say no cameras, which is fine. But when we were in there, we saw a woman using her samsung galaxy to take all sorts of photos, so we felt that was kind of unfair (was this a rule only to outsiders of the resort?). Overall, we got a BIT of a feeling of the need to distinguish the resort guests from the outsiders.. The service was still top notch, but just small things like this, were kind of odd.

Overall: If you have a car and $ to burn, then come check out Amanyara. I feel that overall there were cheaper, closer (to Grace Bay) and on par/slightly better places that weren't as isolated or expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank edtu
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here as a birthday gift from my boyfriend and I can say is was one of the best experiences of my life. Simply perfect: the place, the staff, the experience, the food, the room, everything. Stayed in one of the rooms with private beach - amazing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Grace Bay Club
Grace Bay Club
#8 of 44 in Providenciales

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!