Take the time to have lunch or dinner at Amanyara while you are in TCI. It is advised to call ahead to make a reservation. This is more for security reasons, than due to capacity concerns.
My husband & I did this with our friends in early February. Amanyara is definitely a 'Peaceful Place' as the name suggests. The grounds are breathtaking, with everything open to the elements. I just wanted to gaze upon the central reflection pond. We were seated by the infinity pool for some cocktails & beer. Just past that we gazed upon the turquoise water of the Caicos Passage. Apparently, whales were seen here the day before.
We all agree that all the staff were friendly & attentive. We were seated in another gorgeous area with ocean views for lunch. Our men ordered fish & chips & were disappointed to see two small pieces of fish & three wedges of fish. They were not very impressed. My quesadilla was very good, but overpriced.
We were offered either Sparkling or Fiji Water. We chose Fiji Water, as it sounded good. The next day my girlfriend was giggling as she informed me that the stubby bottle of Fiji Water was worth $8. We each enjoyed at least two. No wonder our server was pouring it like Champagne.
Our total bill for four adults, including drinks on the deck, amounted to $420, and not one celebrity siting. We will be talking about this for years.
I understand that for quests of the resort, there are only two restaurants. We recommend you try some of the best local cooking on Provo at The Three Queens Bar & Restaurant. It is located practically on your doorstep. You pass it on the way from the airport. Here, you will meet some of the friendliest locals in Provo. Dick Bain is the owner, and will ensure you enjoy yourself. Ms Martha is the cook, and whips up daily specials. Fresh lobster, conch or grouper is always on the menu. If you are too relaxed to leave Amanyara, why not call for takeout & ask one of the driver's to pick it up for you. Prices are extremely reasonable. Keep in mind that it is cash only, I believe.See more under my posting for Three Queens Bar & Restaurant - my name is lasechic.
Again, worth the trip to Amanyara. It was very beautiful, and a must see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales