WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Amanyara

Amanyara
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Providenciales
Charlotte, North Carolina
“True luxury in a class of it's own....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you can visualize all of the things that would make up your perfect romantic getaway, that dream becomes reality at Amanyara. After our second stay here, it will now become an annual event. Hotel management under Joshua, the GM, Sven and Jana was top notch. Any request was met with immediate service. We asked for snorkeling gear and within 5 minutes it was delivered to our pavilion. Extra towels, bucket of ice, a plate of freshly sliced limes, just minutes away.

Kudos also to Gianey, for making us feel right at home with some delicious infusion cocktails he created himself.

What really sets this resort apart is the staff. At most caribbean resorts including many we have visited at Grace Bay, one expects to deal with a certain level of complacency and indifference that seems ingrained in so many of the local workers. Not at Amanyara. Every staff member we encountered during our stay was polite, courteous, and genuinely concerned with the needs of the guests. It is refreshing to find so many happy faces at every turn ready to please.

Food and beverage was exceptional. We especially loved the mix of traditional caribbean favorites and seafood, along with the amazing Thai menu. Don't miss the lobster curry! Also, the new brick over pizza bar was outstanding.

Overall, this is the best romantic getaway we have visited to date in the Caribbean. Don't second guess based on cost. It is a bit more than some other Grace bay resorts that "try" for luxury. But this is the real deal, and they have worked hard to earn their fabulous reputation as a premium luxury boutique resort.

We are looking forward to trying the new Viceroy in Anguilla with the kids for spring break, and the new Ritz at Dorado Beach, but the bar has been set quite high by Amanyara!

Thanks again to all the amazing staff for helping to make yet another amazing vacation! See you next fall....

Room Tip: Ocean pavilions are the best!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We spent the first two nights of our honeymoon here and I can not say enough about this resort.
It was beyond amazing from the second we got picked up by the white Land Rover at the airport with cold water and eucalyptus scented cold towels.

We stayed in an Ocean Pavilion and I can not imagine a more gorgeous, well-designed room...an all glass pavilion overlooking the ocean with a huge rain shower, tub in the room, heavenly bed, stocked mini-bar. It was heavenly.

The service was beyond anything that I have ever experienced, every single person I encountered was helpful, kind and went above and beyond. I really can not say enough about the service and everyone that works at the Amanyara.

The grounds are so peaceful, quiet and gorgeous. The food is BEYOND delicious, but should be noted is quite expensive, average price of entrees is over $50 and appetizers $30.

All in all, I can not recommend this resort enough, it is a must-see, a must-stay and a world-class experience.

Tip: Check out the free yoga class overlooking the water. Perfect start to your day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
memphis, tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent a long weekend at Amanyara for my 40th birthday with my husband. It was everything I hoped for in luxury, beauty, amenities, and fine cuisine. We opted for a place with an ocean view as opposed to one with a pool. I HIGHLY recommend this. Not only was it $200 less a night, but you cannot beat waking up to the gorgeous views and ocean breeze a stone's throw from your bedroom. We were fortunate enough to have a room with a private cove. We were only a few steps away from rainbow colored fish and great snorkeling. The staff even set up chairs and meals on our "private beach" for us which made us feel like we were in our own private paradise. I highly recommend the free boat rides out to snorkel around the island too. The views are amazing. For meals, make sure to opt for the all inclusive pkg. The food is decent for breakfast and lunch, excellent for dinner but extremely expensive (unreasonable) if you were to opt for a la carte. We made the mistake of checking out before lunch on our last day and a meal of crab cakes and an individual pizza and two drinks was $200. Another tip I recommend is to bring a bottle of your liking to mix with the sodas and juice they provide in the room. We packed some rum to carry us through our trip, as cocktails are not included in the all inclusive pkg. and are quite expensive. Finally, if you go in Sept. you must keep in mind that the resort is overrun with Victorias Secret photo shoot people and models. Had we not had a private grotto for swimming and sunbathing, I would not have been as happy with my trip. They took over the beach during the day and bar at night. Not exactly the way a 40 yr old woman wants to spend a birthday!! So, in summary, I highly recommend the Amanyara if you want a high class getaway far from civilization. It is a real jewel.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank popartpooch
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I came here for an afternoon drink in the bar, and watched one of the best sunsets ever. Despite to pricey drinks, the atmosphere was certainly worth it.

Location was secluded (great) although road to get there was rather bumpy!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

You will thoroughly enjoy your stay here! The Ocean View pavilions are private and the ambiance wonderful. If you are looking for a peaceful retreat, this is it ~

If you've stayed at other Aman Resorts, this location does not disappoint. There are many activities if you want them; snorkeling, paddle boards, water sports and spa facility. Our Pilates session was excellent.

All pavilions have a combined living room/bedroom area separated by a wooden screen. The large baths include two sinks, rain showers and bath tub. There are a couple of dining choices or they can provide room service. The dining is incredible, freshest seafood with wonderful accompaniments and the service first class.

Our travel consultant, Donna Salerno Travel designed our package, included air, accommodations, transfers, meal plan and so much more. A real pleasure to work with and has been in the business for many years. She has contacts with the property and they helped with all our needs during our stay.

We connected thru MIA, and it was a short 25 minute flight over to Providenciales. The over all experience was definitely worth the extra cost for this trip. Can't wait to return to the spa!

Room Tip: Ocean view pavilion is recommended ~
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Smyth_Travels247
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had always heard about the Aman properties like some mythical unicorn but I had never stayed at one of their properties until now. I had been told that once you stay at an Aman property, its hard to not stay at them. I have stayed at some pretty unbelievable properties but my stay at the Amanyara was incredible. I now "get it".

The service far and away exceeds the service at any other property. No one ever says no, they just make it happen. Sometimes, before I even knew what I wanted. As I was leaving the sailboat, Percy was standing with a scented wet towel, my umbrella/lounge chair were constantly moved to shield me from the sun, the hotel manager who saw me dining by myself joined me for dinner and then said dinner was on him, I "hitched" a ride from one of the maintence crew when I went down the wrong path to my room, my clothes were magically sent to my room and the list continues.

The general service is also outstanding. I love a resort that brings treats while I am laying at the beach. I don't want to ruin the element of surprise but they come around to cleaning your sunglasses just shows the above and beyond mentality.

Jet Blue offers direct flights so getting to the property is easy. Leave by 9 am and you are on the beach by 1. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the airport when you don't take the scenic route. I never once heard a plane. Somehow, the hotel has managed to make even the planes disappear. The ease of getting to the property is a real advantage versus sitting on a boat for an additonal 45 minutes.

The rooms are simply exquisite. The mini bar minus alcohol is included. Fruit and water are always in the room. The hotel provides flip flops, a beach bag, suntan lotion and after-suntan care so you can easily carry on your luggage. I had the "basic" pond view. It was far from basic and I enjoyed having a change of scenery from the ocean. It is simply beautiful. The rooms are spacious and designed in a modern asian style. It is the same architect as the Setai Miami. (The guests are very different.)

The activities are great. Snorkeling, sailing and priviate tennis and yoga instruction are all included. The hotel had a lovely cocktail reception with drinks and snacks for the guests to mingle. A really nice touch. There is a fabulous screening room with popcorn to watch movies if it rains or in the evening. The beach is pristine and private. There is no negotiating for a lounge, an umbrella or even a front row seat to see the ocean nor are you on top of another person.

The food is expensive. If the hotel offers a rate with food included than I highly recommend it since food can run about $200/day per person without drinks. The food was delicious but $60+ for lobster seems crazy to me. I thought the breakfast menu could use a bit of tweaking. For such an incredible resort, the buffet was uninspiring. But again, the staff and service were amazing.

The spa is beautiful but for a $250 massage, there should be a sauna, steam room and something special. The massage was great but it was to me, a run of the mill massage. The above and beyond did not seem to extend to the spa. These are minor comments.

This hotel is incredible and I highly recommend it. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Turks and Caicos. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Intrepidtraveler53
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

An absolutely stunning location, private setting with incredible staff and management. From the moment we stepped foot on the property until the moment we left we were hosted by the Amanyara family. Each and every interaction with the members of the team was outstanding. They work and live in such a fantastic place and they really make you feel like you a part of something very very special. The property is immaculate, with views at every turn. The layout of the rooms are thoughtful and keep every guest as comfortable as possible. You will not want to leave. We spent 7 nights in a wonderful pavilion with a small beach and beautiful point right outside the room to catch the sunset. Room 126 was an absolute dream. The hospitality, food and beverages were fantastic. The focus on asian inspired cuisine as well as local and european fare was enough to keep any foodie in heaven for a week. We loved how they introduced us to the menu and a "template" to dinning. Basically they will make whatever you want if they can. With over 15 chefs from all over the world, they have everything covered. The lamb chops i had twice were some of the best i have had in my life. The crazy guys in the kitchen are drop dead serious about food.
The beach is also amazing, they have carved out a private beach with everything you could ever want. Comfortable chairs, covered with umbrellas, with the beach only a quick walk down the softest sand in the Caribbean. The water is stunning, clear, warm, clean. Not a stich of anything unnatural in the water except for 2 dive and snorkeling boats. Drinks, food, and a cold towel are only a nod away. The folks at the beach even taught my wife how to paddle board. They were out on the water with her making sure she got it down. Theses folks go above and beyond whenever they can. I have never seen a single spirit of excellence run thru so many people. Aman is incredible.

Even though this was of the most expensive trip i have ever take, I obviously loved my trip and fell in love with the experience. It feels good to spend money on something when you get value in exchange. This is one of those rare times everyone should splurge. You will not be disappointed. Aman, thank you for making this an amazing experience i cant wait to have again soon!

Room Tip: Ocean front is my vote. Anything with a view and access to the rocks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sukhi S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
The Palms, Turks and Caicos
Grace Bay Club
Grace Bay Club
#8 of 47 in Providenciales
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,575 reviews

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!