The Turks & Caicos Islands (TCI) are the most beautiful islands in the Carribean. You recognize this place is different immediately upon landing. As you exit the airport, no one is there to hassle you or sell you something or get up in your face. It's just as if you landed at any old airport on an island where people live. There's nothing worse than being accosted as soon as you arrive (Jamiaca is a classic example of this).
Aman goes the extra mile though anyway, no matter where you land. Our driver was immediately in the front of the door when I came out. The short drive to the resort was in an extremely nice Land Rover.
We stayed in villa 128 which had its own private beach grotto. The villas are all glass and have amazing views. The water color is stunning. The sunsets are amazing. The food was delicious and the staff was the perfect level of helpful when you need them, and giving you privacy when you needed that.
I guess it wouldn't be a review if I didn't have some suggestions for how it could have been better:
My wife was six months pregnant, and sometimes they took that into consideration, but sometimes not. We arrived to a bottle of champagne, which was a fantastic thought, but not particularly appealing to her. I didn't specifically tell the resort about this before arrival, although I did let the reservations people know. The canapes they served before dinner were sometimes made special for her (i.e. no raw fish), and sometimes not. Also, they have snorkel gear for you to borrow, but they can't really let you keep it all week -- which would have been nice for us at our villa's beach. These are such a minor complaints, I feel its ridiculous to even mention them, but even if you are looking for something to improve, it's hard to find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales