“Great Place to stay and Services are even better”
Review of One On Marlin

One On Marlin
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I loved staying at One on Marlin. Room is very private, clean, and very romantic. Airport pick up was provided with no extra charge and when we arrived at the resort, Kim came out to greet us. I have to mention "Kim is the best!!!" She was super nice even before we decided to stay at the resort. She did everything, I mean everything to answer all the questions we ask. She recommended few places to try out local food and they were all amazing. Breakfast was provided with no extra charge as well. I will be back for sure.

- I do suggest you to get a rental car, but ask the resort they can help you to find the best rate with rental car company.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whitecarpet
There are newer reviews for One On Marlin

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place is great?What a wonderfully relaxing location and space. The rooms are exactly as described. Everything is brand new with all the amenities you need. This property is not your typical island resort and if that is what your looking for, look elsewhere. One on Marlin is genuine, comfortable and the perfect place to lay your head. My wife and I had a great time this past Memorial Day. Kim and the team at One on Marlin are friendly, courtesy and effective. They are knowledgable and strive to make your trip special. Recommend you rent a car and explore. But it will be a pleasure coming back "home" to One Marlin.

Room Tip: Fitness center and pools are not completed yet but will only add to the experience.
3  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the moment our shuttle met us at the airport, we felt welcomed and embraced by the friendly, helpful staff at One on Marlin. Our home away from home for the week was made extra special by our hostess, Kim, who met us each morning for continental breakfast, shared her best-kept secrets of the most beautiful beaches and fabulous restaurants, and made sure we had everything we needed for our week in paradise!

The room was immaculate, quiet, and private and the bed was comfortable. The view of the garden from our private balcony was perfect.

Rent a car if you stay here as it's much easier to get around to all the great spots on the island. And if you are more adventurous, consider renting something with 4-wheel drive for the rocky roads that lead to Pirate Cove and other hidden gems. To save some money, look for recommendations at local favourite eateries away from the more expensive resorts. And stock up on bottled water and snacks for the beach at the local IGA (a 2-minute drive away).

Thanks for everything, Kim!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Arrived at One on Marlin last week for our first visit to Providenciales, and couldn't have been more pleased. Kim greeted us when we got there and walked us through our villa, and then waited around until we had showered to help us find our way to a restaurant that was still serving food at that point in the night. Kim is amazing!! She was super helpful from before we arrived until we left.
We rented a car, and highly suggest this to anyone who is coming to One On Marlin, it just makes getting around the island much easier, and you get to see so many more things! A couple of things I wish that I had known before I came - 1. If you rent a car specify that you want an automatic...I got a manual and hadn't driven one since I was in high school. 2. It's a very expensive island, really budget it out. 3. Schedule horseback riding before you go, as we could not go because they were fully booked. 4. If you want to adopt an adorable puppy you can help rescue a Potcake Puppy, they are adorable! 5. Pack a suitcase of nonperishable beach snacks, as the grocery stores are sooo overpriced!
Come and be ready to have a relaxed, unplugged beautiful time! Everyone is nice and inviting and it's just beautiful! I miss it so much!

Room Tip: I think they are all good rooms.
4  Thank Joanna B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

When you have never been somewhere you are always worried most about accommodations.This was my worry until we arrived at One On Marlin. If you are looking for night life and entertainment then this is not the place for you. However, this was the perfect place for us. My husband and I can not say enough wonderful things about this place.
When we arrived we were shown where ever thing was located in the room. We were given a cellphone to use to make calls on the island and to the hotel. We could also make calls home which were much cheaper than our own personal cellphones.
The kitchen was amazing, with a stocked bar for purchase. We found it much cheaper to purchase a bottle of Absolute Vodka from it.
They have a WiFi radio that connected at ease with my iPhone. This was great for evenings when we cooked out on the balcony grill. We did not have the grill upon arrival but they found one for us within a day.
We had clean beach towels everyday!!
The staff themselves were outstanding and always helpful!!! I had no idea until after I scheduled a boat outing that they would make arrangements like that for you. If you make them through One On Marlin you will receive a discount.
This Bungalow is a fantastic place to stay. It might be a mile from the beach but I would absolutely stay here again. I did not feel I missed anything not staying at one of the resorts on the beach, like we had planned. I am so happy we found this place. It is so peaceful and pretty much secluded!
One last thing......I also was most surprised at how comfortable the bed was. We are quite spoiled with our bed and were worried about a good night sleep. The bed was very comfy!!!
Thank you One On Marlin for one of the many reasons we will travel again to Provo!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beesmom3
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The resort is located on the south side of the island away from most attractions. This isn't that big of a deal since the island is fairly small, but you're definitely not going to walk anywhere. Driving is a must and that can sometimes be awkward (do NOT decline rental insurance unless you have international coverage - learned the hard way).

The condos have everything you need and even stock up soft drinks, liquor, beer, and wine. They provide it for very reasonable rates compared to the island grocery. The staff there was very helpful in finding locations, things to do, and general recommendations. They give you a local cell phone as part of your room so you don't waste money on int'l calls.

Compared to the resorts on the water, it's a toss up. We ended up going to other resorts for activities, beaches, and restaurants. If I were to do it again, I might stay at a resort on the water if the price was close. Driving everywhere became a pain and someone rear ended us (other driver and police couldn't have cared less).

5  Thank paQit
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The resort is beautiful and luxurious, secluded from the hustle and bustle of the island. The resort manager, Kim, was incredibly helpful and went beyond out of the way to please. I would highly recommend this resort to couples who are looking for a romantic getaway or anyone who is looking for seclusion and relaxation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends