All reviews plunge bar shore club grace bay beach bar nespresso machine junior suite omelette station pool staff beautiful resort welcome drink breakfast staff tour of the property breakfast was included every morning paddle boards luxury hotel turn down service
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So sad to be leaving this gorgeous resort today. Prettiest beaches I’ve seen. I’m so sad the pool looks like it’ll be opening in the next day or so, so we’re just missing it. It was under construction the duration of our trip. Jeff, the GM. was kind enough to try to make it right for us that we didn’t get to enjoy the amazing infinity pool. The bed & pillows in our beautiful room w/view was one of the most comfortable I’ve ever experienced.
We were truly impressed with the effort given by Leslie (sp) our beach attendant. He was a really nice guy with much concern as we attempted to find a lost cell phone. (Thank goodness we were able to recover it-such a relief!!). Remy was also an excellent bartender by the beach who we enjoyed talking to our last day. He was very attentive & made excellent drinks as well as celebrated our 25th anniversary with us. Great trip that we will remember forever. Definitely hope to return to this beautiful place.

Room tip: Corner suite was a beautiful combo of ocean view & some lovely landscaping
Date of stay: September 2019
Jeff M, General Manager at The Palms, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jodie G,

Thank you for your lovely review. I want to pass along my apologies again to you and all of our guests that were inconvenienced by the delays with the pool resurfacing project. As you note, we do have very special staff working hard for all guests to enjoy their stays in any situation. Remy and Leslie will be acknowledged for their impressive efforts. I am happy that you were able to get out of our very comfortable beds to enjoy one of the best beaches in the world.

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Traveled to Turks with my family , including our 18 month old grandson to celebrate my 60th birthday. From the moment we stepped on the property at the Palm until the day we left we experienced nothing but friendliness, kindness and excellent service. I was a little concerned knowing the pool was closed for maintenance but I worried for no reason. The pool and staff at the Somerset was just as accommodating as the Palms even though we were not staying there. Everything about the Palms is beautiful. We enjoyed an ocean front row with beautiful views from morning to night. The grounds are well maintained and the beach is perfect. I have never been to a more beautiful beach with such blue , crystal clear water. Everyone made me feel so special for my birthday. We received a welcome bottle of wine upon arrival along with a small birthday cake and then our travel agent sent us a second bottle, what a nice surprise . The restaurants on the island are great and the last night we celebrated with a lovely dinner on the beach. The food for our beach dinner was one of the most delicious lobster tails and perfectly cooked steak I have ever had. I was so lucky to have received a massage from my son and daughter in law at the SPA, if you get a chance to go to the spa DO IT! The best SPA ever. We also had fun taking the 1/2 day snorkel trip with Caico’s Dreams tours. A great trip and I was fortunate to see an eagle ray. Although our grandson was to young to attend the kids club, they did take him in one day to play and make a craft.
A big shout out to the following staff that went above and beyond. The breakfast staff, especially Suzanna and Joel, housekeeping was very accommodating and so nice. Wilson our Butler made our reservations , found us great transportation to and from dinner with a car service that had a safe, toddler car seat, he checked on us everyday and gave us a cooler to take to the pool. Our favorite beach server, Latoya... what a sweetheart. She took such special care of all of us, including our grandson , fussing over him everyday. We will definitely be back .

Trip type: Traveled with family
AleisaGoddard, Manager at The Palms, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear S1491USlauraa,

We're excited to read you had an incredible time at The Palms and thank you for celebrating your birthday with us! We are so happy you have chosen our beautiful island for your family vacation. The Turks & Caicos Islands are an exceptional destination for travelers with children. Sunny skies, balmy seas, and lots of activities to keep both the children and the adults happy. Thanks for your special shout out to some of our staff. We can't wait to welcome you and your family back again next year!

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit and definitely not our last! Everyone and everything was perfect! Thanks to Arlene and Reesa and the staff at the pool and beach! From breakfast to the pool to the beach - we enjoyed it all!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AleisaGoddard, Manager at The Palms, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Dear debkev2018,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Palms. We sincerely appreciate your business and positive feedback! Your kind comments regarding the resort and our fantastic staff are a pleasure to read.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed our stay at The Palms. The hotel staff was so warm and welcoming. Sherri and Lesly both were especially so kind and always made sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The property was very pretty, full of greenery and the beautiful beach was only a few steps away from our room. We look forward to visiting again.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear kinocentes,

Thank you for taking the time to write up a TripAdvisor review of your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about your experience and to know that The Palms provided you with a memorable vacation! We look forward to having you stay with us again next year!

Reviewed September 10, 2019

Beautiful property and will not disappoint aesthetically. However,the largest negative factor is the staff. Many of the staff members seemed impatient, unfriendly and unwilling to aid with even the simplest request. Like - may I have some hot water or cream for my coffee. The response was "its over there". So much for a warn greeting at check in and no welcome drinks. We wanted lobster for days because after all it is lobster season. Told for days there was no lobster and then the lobster was frozen. The push from the staff was to drive offsite and get lobster. WOW. Days later reached out to senior leadership to no avail. GM finally reached out but too little to late. GM thanked us for the opportunity to see the clear need for additional training and coaching for his staff. I suspect I should thank him for the upgraded room that we paid an additional $500 we enjoyed for the last two nights and the "free" bottle of champagne.

There were a few standouts like the entire housekeeping staff and a few other isolated exceptional service staff members. It was off season and perhaps the staff was simply ready for a break. I'm not sure but from a service perspective this stay was a mistake and a costly one at that. We spend one night at the Port of Call hotel due to the looming threat of Hurricane Dorian and an early arrival into Turks but had received Phenomenal service there. It is so unfortunate for my group that The Palms could not meet the expectation set by a local 2-3 star property.

Given the plethora of service failures - had been led to believe a lunch would be sponsored by management only to learn at check out that it wasn't even though we had earlier conversations that the charge would be removed. Learned at check out 90 minutes before our plane was scheduled to depart of the still "charge". Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. There won't be a 3rd time.

1  Thank terrencen123

Dear terrencen123,

We are extremely thankful that you have taken the time to give us a detailed recap of your recent stay at the Palms. Feedback such as this helps us to identify opportunities to improve on the service and the overall experience we provide to our guests.

I wish to extend sincere apologies to you and your family. We have worked very hard on delivering outstanding services to our guests, but in this instance, we fell short. I assure you we will look at this feedback in detail so that we may prevent future occurrences of this level of service errors.

We once again apologize for the lapse in service you experienced during your stay with us. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver you an experience that is above and beyond your expectations.