“The perfect place to truly Castaway and forget...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MissBrown...
Dallas, Texas
“The perfect place to truly Castaway and forget about life for awhile!”
Reviewed November 10, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Upon arrival to Turks & Caicos as this was my first visit to the island- I found the airport to be easy breezy without long waits or hassles. A great start to the trip. The Villa was located a convenient 10 minutes drive from the airport and the moment I walked thru the front door I was overtaken by the tranquility of the amazing view. The architect got it right with the floor to ceiling sliding glass doors overlooking the private pool and a view out to the beautiful blue ocean.

I felt completely at home with the open concept living/dining room. This was not just any "beach house" it truly was a luxury villa with all of the amenities. 2 of the 4 master suites were separated guest house style which was nice for added privacy. The mattresses were Stearns & Foster and extremely comfortable and for me there is nothing more important on a trip away then the quality of the mattress. I sleep on a Stearns at home so it was truly like being in my own bed...except every morning I awoke and opened the curtains to a secluded view of the ocean.

This house was perfect for my friends and I as we all enjoy cooking, so after a trip to the local grocery store we made some amazing meals. I am sure there are many great restaurants on the island but but nothing beats fresh fish, fresh vegetables and wine in the comfort and privacy of your own space. I plugged my I-phone into the surround sound system and we whipped up an Italian meal to the sounds of Frank Sinatra followed by lots of Red wine.

This villa is equipped with 2 sets of top end washers & dryers which with a house full of people and beach towels made a huge difference.

I enjoyed the fact that there were some kayaks available and some basic snorkeling equipment. That way we didn't have to purchase any for the few times we used it. I don't think anyone in our group is a real experienced diver so the equipment that was there was perfectly sufficient. The tide at the beach goes in and out and as you snorkel out a bit there are some big reef balls and other interesting coral to be seen. We also visited a few other beaches on the island and snorkeled there as well. I wouldn't say it is comparable to the reefs I've seen in Belize but there are plenty of things to see if it interests you.

After spending the afternoons swimming in the salty ocean it was refreshing to rinse off in the out door shower and then treat myself to a hot and steamy rainfall shower. The water pressure is excellent and for anyone who travels a lot knows how important this is and also how it is a luxury on islands and in European countries. I was impressed on the cleanliness of everything in the villa. I feel the cleaning service they use pays great attention to detail.

After spending some time at Castaway I truly just wanted to leave home behind and wake up to that beautiful ocean view every day. Enjoy my coffee out on the veranda watching the waves gently roll in and feel the breeze on my face as I enjoyed paradise. I would definitely love to come back here and it is a great place for families or groups of friends. I'm thinking of making it an annual affair.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fact it felt like a luxury home away from home. Calm, Cool, Relaxing.
Liked least: I had a little trouble with the sliding doors as they were heavy but it wasn't a huge deal.
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Matt W
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect Vacation Getaway”
Reviewed November 10, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

What a fantastic villa! Amazing trip overall. The home was spacious, clean and never ran out of hot-water. It's located very close to a reef so you can literally go snorkeling and scuba diving from this back yard. It's location is awesome. 10 minutes from Provo airport, 10 minutes to world-famous Grace Bay Beach and 20 minutes to Malcolm's Beach. The outdoor kitchen/BBQ overlooking the large infiniti pool which overlooks the transluscent blue-green waters provide for romantic and amazing views and sunsets. I would highly recommend Castaway to anyone wanting a truly luxurious, once-in-a-lifetime Caribbean vacation.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location near the reef and on the water
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jessica R
Brooklyn, New York
“Incredible!”
Reviewed October 29, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Castaway was perfect for my family's getaway. We loved the kitchen where I cooked many meals for my family, we had all the utensils and cookware needed! It was very difficult to leave this place, we made so many great memories. We cannot wait to return! Daniel and Priscila were fantastic managers.

Traveling group: Extended Family
dkaval
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Beautiful Villa for a Large Group”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Castaway is a beautiful villa--perfect for our extended family of 11 (grandparents, son, daughter and their spouses, and 5 grandkids ages 4-8.) The view from the villa is gorgeous, with large sliding doors that open up one wall, bringing the outside in. The furnishings, kitchen, and bathrooms are all high-end and seem to have been recently done.

The description and pictures on Trip Advisor are accurate for the most part although the heading needs to be corrected. As I write this review, the heading says 2 BR, 3 BR, Sleeps 4. It should be 5 BR, 6 BR, Sleeps 10 (actually we had 11 with three kids in the bunk room--we had a sleeping bag for the 4-year old). Perhaps the owners will see this and get it corrected.

The other two items I would question are “short walk from dining and entertainment.” Da Conch Shack is the only restaurant within a short walk—about a 10-minute stroll down the beach. However, the villa is so well equipped and beautiful that you may not want to leave—and then your dining and entertainment are a “short” walk. The last item I would question is “great snorkeling just off shore.” We did try it once and didn’t see much, not even many fish, but maybe we tried the wrong places. A few people who wrote in the villa guest book talked about snorkeling, so if there is good snorkeling, a map where to look would be a helpful addition to the villa.

The villa is located on Thompson Cove west of Grace Bay so away from the hustle and bustle. Thompson Cove is centrally located on the island, so most destinations are a short drive away since the island is not that big.

We were worried about having any beach area as it was hard to tell from pictures, but it more than met our needs. The water is beautiful with the same turquoise color as Grace Bay, and there is a fairly wide sandy beach area for walking or for the kids to make sand castles.  Maybe not as wide as Grace Bay, but since you have it almost all to yourselves, it is more than adequate. Two kayaks are provided, which we used several times. If you paddle to the right and up a waterway, you will find lots of egret nests—at least we did in April.

We used the pool more than the beach, however. The temperature was perfect—warm enough but still refreshing. There are two bins of pool and beach gear—snorkeling fins and masks, pool and beach toys, noodles, etc.

The kitchen is fairly well appointed with sharp knives, good pans, and most gadgets you would want. Quite a few spices are available, along with basics like olive oil and vinegar probably left by previous guests. More mixing/serving bowls, extra dish towels, and a larger fry pan would be good additions. There is a built-in grill area right outside the kitchen which is high-end as well. The over-sized refrigerator had just been removed for repairs, and the temporary regular-sized replacement was a little small for 11 people eating most of their meals at the villa. However, it wasn’t bad, and the extra-large refrigerator is probably repaired by now. There is another small chest freezer in the laundry room where we kept extra ice and some frozen items.

The villa caretakers were very responsive. They met our son and family at the airport (they arrived first), waited until they picked up one of our car rentals, and then led the way to the villa, showing them around and giving instructions on how everything worked. When we called about a cigarette smoke smell in one wing after the rest of us arrived, they were there in a short time to spray. The smell did come back when we turned on the air conditioning, but using the spray they left seemed to help.

You can't see the villa from the road, so would-be thieves would have a hard time knowing if anyone was home or not. There is a locked gate by the road with a keypad entrance, further discouraging intruders. The villa provided a security guard at night who arrived at 7:00 pm and stayed until 7:00 am, mostly on the beach. However, when an alarm went off at a nearby villa, he was up by our villa in seconds, making sure everything was OK. Another night I was awake and heard a bang near our villa as though something had fallen. Again, the security guard responded, checking things out.

The security guard was an added bonus as this was not mentioned in any of the villa postings, so maybe it's something the owners were just trying out. There is a safe in the villa, but it's not available for use by guests. However, with all the other security, we weren't worried. There is a computer provided for guests, but we all had our own, and the WIFI worked great.

A car is needed if you are staying here. Grocery stores are too far to walk, and as I mentioned, the only restaurant within walking distance is Da Conch Shack. Not having restaurants within walking distance worked out fine for us as we had planned to do our own cooking. If you do want to eat out more often, many restaurants are a short drive away. Of course, hiring a chef is another option.

All in all, this villa was perfect for our family and I highly recommend it.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing