“Immaculate and Welcoming-Feels like Home !”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Stephanie...
Newport, Rhode Island
“Immaculate and Welcoming-Feels like Home !”
Reviewed January 31, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This was my second year booking "That Lovely Gecko House" . This year I brought a 12 year old friend to experience Turks and Caicos. The Owners Jacques and Nathaly were in residence next door and as usual, so welcoming, helpful and cheerful ! Their caretaker, Getho, climbed the many coconut palms surrounding the houses and supplied us with a weeks worth of fresh coconut water as requested by the 12 year old. The house is well cared for, immaculate, lovely linens, comfortable bed and the best equipped kitchen ! 5 Star shower and Internet ! Great value and location. Bicycles and beach chairs are a plus provided by the Owners ! Stroll over to Coco Bistro's new venue Coq Vin for gourmet food truck Fare. ( actually an airstream trailer) no reservations needed !

Feb 1, 2017
Thank you very much for visiting again this year! We are definitely blessed with guests like you and seeing the joy and happiness of your friend was a real treat! Thank you for sharing your experience. Kind regards, Nathaly & Jacques
Terry H
“Private .”
Reviewed July 10, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I enjoyed the gecko house it was nice and clean. The air works just make sure you turn it n early enough before you sleep otherwise it's almost too hot especially if not used durin day. We mostly opened Windows and doors around 11. As we were gone a lot or hung out on the back porch. I found the stairs a little tricky and was not comfortable using them in the dark. The tv only works with provided DVDs so I would suggest bring your own DVDs or way to hook to the tv. Wasn't a problem as we used the music app and laced it into a bowl to use as a speaker. The only other problem was no hot water in the shower which was a maintence problem that wasn't fixed when we were there. I would go there again. It I would take spices and speakers and my video adapter. Also it takes 20 minutes to get to the. Each walking we would go through grace bay. And bikes are provided.

Jul 10, 2016
thank you for your review. As for the hot water problem, it was addressed the moment it was brought to our attention and fixed the following day with new part; having known it was still not hot enough, we would have made a little adjustment as it was a new heater and the adjustments different from the old one. Happy that you enjoyed our house and your vacation ! Regards, Nathaly
ZionBetty
Glendale, Utah
“Convenient, Romantic, Economical Location”
Reviewed March 31, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We rented a car, which I recommend highly if you want to see the ends of the island. Taxi is expensive. The location to Grace Bay is fantastic, but we were so glad to see the whole island during our stay. My husband and I just turned forty, we came alone and loved the quietness and beauty. We were grateful for the wifi, stayed up late watching movies at night and the streaming was great. We used the bbq a couple times and was glad to have the option to dine in. We rode the bikes to the beach one evening. We attended the beautiful LDS church on Sunday and were delighted it was only a few miles away. Overall, we are very happy with our choice to stay at the Gecko house. My one and only suggestion would be to upgrade the air conditioning unit(s). We would have been more comfortable if we could have escaped the humid temperatures. Thanks Gecko house for a wonderful, very special memory!

Liked best: Location, Privacy, Amenities
Liked least: A/C not adequate for space :(
Your age range 35-49
Mar 31, 2016
thank you very much for your review and comments. As for the air conditioning, it is a brand new inverter unit so I am a bit perplexed. I will definitely look into it as it is the very first time we hear that comment. thanks again! Nathaly & Jacques
NHabbe
Nashville, Illinois
“Lovely Anniversary Trip”
Reviewed March 16, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

The Lovely Gecko House was just perfect for our first anniversary trip to TCI! It was just as described by Nathaly & as shown in photos. The location was perfect, as it was a 2 minute bike ride to closest beach and very accessible to other restaurants & activities in the area. We loved riding the bikes! The kitchen was stocked with more than we anticipated & we really felt at home. Wi-fi service was excellent at the residence. Nathaly was very kind and personable and a great help to any questions we had. I would definitely revisit & recommend to others looking for a quaint and quiet getaway!

Mar 25, 2016
so glad you liked our lovely place and the services provided! You took the time to share your experience, really appreciate it. thanks! Nathaly & Jacques
Gatortodd
“Great location, was very close to everything”
Reviewed March 11, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

House is in neighborhood which is very nice. You can ride the bikes that they have at the house to most anywhere. We rented a car to explore the beautiful island which is not like most islands that are over developed. The owner was very helpful and even provided a list of beaches, restaurants, and things to do which every one was a perfect recommendation.

Liked best: Location
Friends getaway
Mar 12, 2016
thank you for the nice review. It is always a pleasure making sure our guests have wonderful vacation and that they appreciate all the information provided.
Stephanie...
Newport, Rhode Island
“Charming, clean and well appointed & Stocked: That Lovely Gecko House”
Reviewed February 3, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

From the initial inquiry on Trip Advisor to the end of my stay Nathaly ( the Owner) and her Husband Jacques have been responsive, informative and welcoming. A long letter written a couple of weeks before my arrival offering suggested itineraries and restaurants, tips on getting around and must not miss places and activities. I was fortunate to have them nearby during my 10 day stay, always cheerful and available to answer any questions and provide local info. The house is well stocked with kitchen gear making it easy to cook and make my own meals. The screened in room/porch provides a mosquito free and breezy retreat. Excellent WI=Fi service which I needed when working. The location is ideal, 2 - 5 minutes to 8 + beaches, Graceway Gourmet and shops by car, triple that by bicycle- which are provided with the rental. Best value and amenities ! Lovely Owners !

Liked best: Cleanliness and appointments
Liked least: can't think of anything
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
Feb 8, 2016
Thank you very much for the review! We are quite fortunate to have amazing guests like you and having had the chance to meet. Ciao! Nathaly & Jacques
dadswyf
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“OVERTHETOP”
Reviewed January 25, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

WOW!!! I can say this is 1 of the BEST vacations I have ever taken. Lovely island, lovely people, lovely house, lovely owners--and LOVED THE GUARD CAT!! The bikes were a plus. and we did rent a car for 4 days---a MUST I think to see all of the island. Coco Bistro is a must!! Pricey but worth the experience. Nathaly helped me with places to go and see---and made reservations for me. She even had a local cell phone for me to use. Breezes thru the house was lovely!! Few days of rain--unusual for them--the island is small but once again beautiful. Grace bay---Breath taking!! The house had everything we needed--internet was 10plus. Thank you for sharing your "home" with us!! We will be back in 2017--!!!!

Liked best: The cat!!
Liked least: missed the tv for my husband
Friends getaway
Jan 25, 2016
Hi there!!! It was a tremendous pleasure having you as guests! And Jacques and I thank you for taking the time to write this review! Really appreciated! Jacques & Nathaly
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing