“Great day, great guide”
Review of Bonefish Unlimited

Bonefish Unlimited
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Bonefish Unlimited, your premier fly-fishing and light tackle charter based out of Providenciales (Provo) in the beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands for 35 years. Come experience a trip of a lifetime in pursuit of the wily and illusive bonefish.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great day, great guide”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Booked Cap'n Will well in advance because good guides get booked out quick and didn't want to end up with one of the larger, more commercial firms. Will was really helpful in advance of my trip. This trip was a big deal for me and I wanted to push the odds in my favour by being as well prepared as possible. Will replied to all emails by return and his enthusiasm is infectious. To be fair it was going to be a tough day and Will made this clear. Tide levels were high, moon was full and change of weather was approaching however despite this adversity we waded some really great flats. Will got me three good shots at big fish but without success. With the first fish I was just plain unlucky, and second two misses were result of my own errors so should really have had two fish for a tough day which would have been a result under difficult circumstances. They won't be errors I will make again! A good guide is as keen as his client to see fish landed and Will tried all he could, covering different areas, creeks and flats. On another day, it would have been a different result. The effort was there and even though the wrong result I learned plenty. He is clearly a really accomplished fisherman and a great guide. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to beginner or pro looking for a days fishing. From talking to fellow fisherman in hotel one thing seems clear. Stick with the smaller specialist charters and don't be tempted by the companies that offer it all. I hope to be back.

Visited January 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Trip: Friendly, knowledgeable, and Experienced Guide”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Captain Will Vallely of Bonefish Unlimited was an awesome guide to say the least. He proved to be an extremely friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable fishing guide.

Weather conditions on the day of my trip were very difficult for bonefishing, and Captain Will warned me before I ever stepped foot on his boat that we were in for a tough day of bonefishiing and likely wouldn't catch any Bones. However, he was extremely honest, upfront, and accommodating by ensuring I had an enjoyable trip. He graciously offered to try and catch another species of fish before our trip even if our bonefishing proved unsuccessful. Although we were successful in catching one Bonefish, we both decided we would do best by fishing for sharks. He knew a great fishing spot and put me on sharks almost immediately. We saw several species (Lemon Shark, Blacktip, Bull) before I caught a 4 foot Blacktip and had the time of my life fighting it, and ultimately successfully landing it. Prior to this trip, I had never caught a shark on a fly rod, and had the time of my life catching it. I had several other attempts at catching other sharks, but I ultimately had to end my fishing excursion abruptly to meet up with my family for another activity on the Island. Otherwise, I think I would have landed a beautiful and aggressive 6 foot Lemon Shark that struck earlier, but I was unable to set the hook.

Despite unfavorable weather, Captain Will was able to get me on some bonefish and sharks, despite telling me ahead of time that the weather was going to be very difficult to catch bonefish on this particular day. He also took a bunch of amazing photographs with his professional-grade camera, and emailed them to me (free of charge) to help memorialize this fantastic fishing trip which I'll not soon forget.

Captain Will went above and beyond on making sure I had a fun day of fishing. He is extremely knowledgeable of the island, and I would wholeheartedly recommend him as a fishing guide. I plan on using him again if I'm ever fortunate enough to return to the beautiful Turks & Caicos Islands.

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Checking a few off our fishing "bucket list"”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My son and I had a great time bonefishing with Will Vallely of Bonefish Unlimited. My son is good with a fly rod and caught two really nice fish. I'm at best a novice, so Will set me up with a spinning reel, and I landed a nice one myself. We enjoyed it so much that we went out with Will a second time. This time, my som got to flyfish for black tip sharks. He got four in the line, and after a great hourlong battle landed a sixty pounder. Will is a great guy and a great guide.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Bonefish Galore”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Fishing in Turks with Captain Will was one of the best fishing experiences ever. The water is loaded with fish but only because Will Vallely knows every nook and cranny of this huge fishery like the back of his hand. We were on hundreds of bonefish every day and it was only because of my bonefish fever that we did not fill the boat daily. Will is patient beyond belief and also very knowledgeable about every aspect of the fish and fishing -- he is a true joy to spend days with. But for a family at home and a job, I might have moved to Turks forever.

Visited December 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Captain Will - Great bonefishing ! Great captain !”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Want to check off your bucket list? Spend time with Captain Will and he will put you on bonefish. What a wonderful adventure for my son and me. Captain Will taught us about the stalk; the cast; the catch; and the release. Our 2013 Thanksgiving Day could not have been better. Want a guide who is competent, a great communicator, works hard to see you succeed, and fun to be with ....... fish with Bonefish Unlimited and Captain Will. Thanks for making our day special. You are appreciated.

Visited November 2013