“buffet”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“buffet”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

On one of the nights, this restaurant does a seafood buffet. It is a small buffet, with about maybe 10 items, but everything is so good. We were glad we did this, because it allowed us to try different island foods all at one time. We enjoyed this very much. The staff was a little slow in getting our drinks, getting our bill, but as far as food goes, it was great.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rachelle Y

Peekskill, New York
“A bit off the strip”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Seems less touristy than the other places we frequented. My girlfriend wanted whole fish and this place was recommended by a local. I had the blackened grouper and we both enjoyed our meals very much. We were there on a sunday evening and it started out slow and by the end of the night they were packed. Wish they had a more beachy vibe and some outdoor seating but other than that we were both pleased with our meal.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Michael T
madrid
“Fantastic fish .....highly recommend this restaurant”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I definitely think that Fresh Catch deserves a bigger and outdoor locale : I am sure it would be full every evening. This was my favorite restaurant after Coco Bistro . The blackened grouper was amongst the best I have eaten in my life . Their use of herbs and spices is unique and the fish was moist and so well cooked .

Their cooking made me discover creole cuisine like I had never eaten before.

Brilliant place !

2 Thank MissPerpetualMotion
Oklahoma
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We ate at Fresh Catch last year not long after it had opened, and we loved it. We made it back again this year, and we were happy to see that it had expanded and is doing well. The atmosphere is nice, albeit in a shopping center, but the food is why you go there! Everything is fresh and homemade. We split the blackened grouper; it was a huge portion and more than enough. It was flaky, full of flavor, and fabulous. (Nice alliteration, right?) The baked macaroni was yummy as was the coleslaw and rice and peas. We were very pleased and will be back when we return one day!

2 Thank Elizabeth L
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Great air conditioned lunch in the heat of the afternoon.”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Good food, a/c, priced about the same as other restaurants in the area but the salad doesn't wilt the minute you start eating it. We went on Sunday so it was not crowded. I would imagine that lunch on week days could be crowded since people may be shopping in Salt Mill Plaza and on Sunday the stores were closed. Service was OK, better than most of the restaurants on the island. The fish is fresh and the burgers are good too. It was a much better meal than Mr. Groupers and I was so looking forward to eating there from all the posted good reviews, I am not going to write a review for Mr. Groupers- the fish was good, some selections better than others and service was very, very slow. And eating outside was OK in the evening [though, poorly lit to see what you are eating] but probably very, very hot when the sun is up.

1 Thank Cathee E